This accommodation was booked for me admittedly at very short notice and without realising that It was a one star facility. The rooms are small with limited amenities that basically consist of one tiny bar of soap. Beds are extremely uncomfortable and the pillows are lumpy / very thin. When we complained about the pillows they did attempt to rectify the situation by adding a third lumpy pillow. There is no hair dryer in the room. No tea or coffee making facilities in the room and as reiterated earlier just one tiny bar of soap. Breakfast is very basic processed cold meats and processed cheese. Hot breakfast consisted of sausage and scrambled egg. I realise you get what you pay for but quite frankly I would prefer to pay extra hence my moving to a bed and breakfast for the final night of my stay. The upside is that the staff are all VERY nice from the security guards through to front desk / management. I left my I Phone charger behind on check out which they found and retained for me which was most appreciated. Would I stay there again NO. Would I recommend it unfortunately not.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only 30 km from the Johannesburg airport and situated approximately 2 km from the N1 highway, 2 km from Sunninghill, 5 km from Sandton City and within walking distance of Rivonia Boulevard for shops, restaurants and entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia so you can book your Road Lodge Rivonia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Road Lodge Rivonia Hotel Rivonia
- Road Lodge Rivonia South Africa