This place is a joke!! Stayed here one night back on Nov. 2nd as our tour departed here the next morning. When we arrived after traveling all day, took the front desk staff(three people at the front desk) almost 10 minutes to find my reservation. One girl said we did not have a reservation. I had to give her the printout. Then after they finally acknowledged they found the reservation, they asked for our passports. My wife has a brazilian passport. One of the girls, after seeing it was a brazilian passport, turns to one of the other girls and starts shaking her whole body and dancing shouting BRAZIL!! Totally inappropriate and completely insulting. Then after the fact they have all of our info on their sheet including passports and contact info they wanted us to fill it out again. I finally told them you have everything. Then supposedly they said the reservation was not paid for. My travel agent told them it was paid for. It turns out that central booking for this chain made 2 reservations at the city lodge airport hotel instead of 1 night at the airport and one night here. They made us wait another 40 minutes. I offered to pay for it now so we did not have to wait any longer and we could figure it out later. They would not allow us to do that. I don't understand why they would not allow us to go to our room if it was being settled one way or another. The manager named Valerie walked by us during all of this about 4-5 times. I was getting upset with the front desk. I asked her you hear us getting upset with the front desk and they are not doing their job, why won't you do something? Her response was not that she was busy, but she had too many things in her hands????? I told her about the girl who made the inappropriate remark and after talking to her she she just liked my wife's hair. If that was the case, then why was the comment not about her hair? Since when is shaking your whole body have complimenting somebody's hair? After the whole situation was explained to her she made no effort to help or expedite us checking in, or even allow us to go to our room. We just had to sit there while the incompetence took place right in front of us. They could care less.
As for the room itself, super tiny. There is a pocket door that separates the bathroom and bedroom. you can barely fit in the shower. there is no elevator. the hallways smell of cigarette smoke and the carpet is pretty worn. I could deal with all of that, but the rude, insulting, and incompetent staff and manager have insured I will not stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only 30 km from the Johannesburg airport and situated approximately 2 km from the N1 highway, 2 km from Sunninghill, 5 km from Sandton City and within walking distance of Rivonia Boulevard for shops, restaurants and entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Road Lodge Rivonia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Road Lodge Rivonia Hotel Rivonia
- Road Lodge Rivonia South Africa