US$107
Book now, pay at stay
US$67
Alicia's B&B(Roodepoort)(Great Value!)
US$58
Eagle Nest Luxury Accommodation(Roodepoort)(Great Value!)
US$57
US$63
US$203
US$164
Agoda.com
All reviewsspur restauranthotel roomconvenient hotelsmall lakerooms are quietwest randafter a long dayyogurtwithin walking distancefeel welcomegoldbusinesshighwayskypejohannesburgfridgesecurity
Reviewed 22 May 2018

The hotel seems to have been refurbished not long ago. The pictures on the website matches the hotel exactly.

Check in: Very quick and easy
Hotel Foyer: Very nice and modern looking
Hotel Room: Very comfortable, Modern, stylish, neat, sleek, lovely views of the lake and tranquil sounds of the birds in the morning.
One thing that I could recommend is to slightly turn up the geyser temperature in the shower. Felt it only going up until luke warm or just above.
Staff: Very helpful, enjoyed their hospitality
Breakfast: Staff are very helpful to accommodate your needs
Check out: Swift and easy
Location: Very close to the highway which easily takes you to the different parts of JHB. There is a 24 hour shell garage shop on the doorstep.

A very nice place to stay if you need to be in that area of the West Rand side of JHB.

Room Tip: Higher up floor provides less noise and a view of the lake.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Lee-Ann B, General Manager at Protea Hotel Roodepoort by Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

Dear Mohammed M

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

I am so happy to read that you enjoyed the look and feel of our recently refurbished rooms. What is even more rewarding is the birdlife that visits the area due to the park area and the lake - I am so glad you enjoyed their morning tunes.
Thank you for your recommendations on the temperatures of the geysers - we will look into it and make the necessary alterations to ensure a hot shower for everyone.

Thank you for the very positive comments about the service and my TEAM - I know they will be overjoyed to know that they have made a positive impression on you.

Thank you again for your review.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future,

Reviewed 22 May 2018

When I arrived for check-in, the desk clerk was overwhelmed. I had to wait about 20 minutes as there were other patrons waiting to be checked in.

The poor guy had no help and customers were not happy.

The main reception exit/entrance door was not working properly and you had to wait a few minutes before the door sensor can pick you up and automatically open.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Lee-Ann B, General Manager at Protea Hotel Roodepoort by Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2018

Dear sdonica

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us.

My sincerest apologies for the less than exceptional service you experienced at the Protea Hotel by Marriott Roodepoort.
My TEAM have been made aware of the slow service at the desk and remedial action has been taken to ensure that our desk has sufficient Associates to assist with arrivals and departures.

Thank you again for sharing your review with us,

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the very near future and show case the service we are usually proud to offer.

Reviewed 16 May 2018

My wife and I stayed here on a Saturday night for one night. The staff was very cordial and genuinely pleased to greet us & help us. We asked for & received the king room with a balcony on the 4th floor that overlooks the small lake & walking area behind the hotel. The room was spacious & had very modern features. We had no complaints with our stay. The wifi was good in our room as well. We would recommend a stay here as it is a quiet place that has very good access to the local highway system so it is easy to navigate to other areas.

Room Tip: High Floors overlooking the lake is quieter
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Lee-Ann B, General Manager at Protea Hotel Roodepoort by Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2018

Dear antman57

Thank you for choosing the Protea Hotel by Marriott Roodepoort for your recent stay in the West Rand.

I am so pleased to read that you had a pleasant stay with us, but more importantly that you are sharing your experience on this platform.
My TEAM will be delighted to know that you were received well, your requests of the King room with the balcony was honored and that there was no complaints during your stay.

I am so glad that you took full advantage of the beautiful views the lake facing rooms offer as well as the convenience of the location and access to the highway.

Thank you again for sharing your review with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future,

Reviewed 2 May 2018

The room was spacious and clean although the TV vision was blurred and the vent fan in the bathroom gad no cover. Our room was next to the road and it was very noisy.
My son got stuck in the lift twice.
The food during breakfast and the service was excellent.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the highway are noisy
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Lee-Ann B, General Manager at Protea Hotel Roodepoort by Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2018

Dear meyerdj

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us.

Thank you for the positive comments about breakfast and the service - my Chef will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed the food offering and the TEAM will be proud to know that they served you well.

My sincerest apologies that you experienced poor reception on your TV, the lift that surely scared your son, and that the bathroom vent was missing a cover - my Maintenance TEAM are constantly working to ensure that the rooms are in full working order. We are all very disappointed to read that not everything was as it should be. We will put actions in place to ensure that future GUESTS are not inconvenienced in the same way.

Thank you again for visiting the Protea Hotel by Marriott Roodepoort, I hope that there will be an opportunity to welcome you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 24 April 2018

We stayed at this hotel on Monday, 21 April. But I believe that there is a lot that needs improvement. The Customer service is around 1/10, they don't have that sense of excitement when it comes to speaking to Customers and making the Client feel welcome. The hotel room was clean, I did not have a problem with that. Though I feel that this just did not seem like a hotel and if they put in the effort, Customers would be happy.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Lee-Ann B, General Manager at Protea Hotel Roodepoort by Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2018

Dear JevonCross

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us.

I am deeply troubled and most embarrassed to read about your disappointing stay with us.

One of our main focus areas have, and will always be our engagement with you - our GUEST. It is most concerning to me that we did not exceed or event meet your expectations.

I would very much like to discuss your stay on a different platform - we will be in contact with you shortly.

I look forward to talking to you and more importantly welcoming you back in the very near future.