“Service Example”

Afrique Boutique Hotel Ruimsig
Ranked #1 of 27 Roodepoort B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 September 2013

While this venue is beautiful and elegantly decorated with exceptionally comfortable rooms, this is not what stood out to me.

In the hospitality industry service is the name of the game and this venue is an example to all in the industry. The staff are professional, friendly and go out of their way to be of the utmost assistance.

The food is excellent which coupled together with the atmosphere and friendliness makes this truly this best place I have every stayed.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank ClubMyk

Reviewed 26 August 2013

We just spend a wonderful week at the boutique hotel. My husband has been here on his buisness trips before and he knew why he was taking me here. We had a warm welcome and Josh, Duane, Jackson, Leshley and the rest of the team cared for us, we felt at home instantly.
Our room was wonderful and we loved the freestanding bathtub.
We had three dinners there and they always took motherly care of our likes and dislikes and made every wish come true!
We will defenetly be back!

Room Tip: We loved Nr.6, Nr.4 is very romantic as well!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Bel077
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Had the oppourtunity to attend a conference at Afrique, this was the best venue I have attended for conferencing. The venue is small and intimate. The food was execeptional in the most wonderfull settings. The outside gardens was pure luxury with stunning views from the decks.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank Heidi F
Reviewed 31 May 2013

From the moment of our arrival, we felt welcome, cared for and special. We requested a late dinner for 7, and our guests even arrived before we did, and was made to feel at home while they were waiting for us. The setting, decor and landscaping is exquisite, the food was heavenly, and the service impeccable.

Our room was comfortable and plush, with superlative finishes and attention to detail. We will definitively return on our next visit to Johannesburg, and have sung the praises of our wonderful stay and the amazing hospitality to all our friends and aquaintances.

Stephen & Trudi Haley, Cape Town

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank Stephen H
Reviewed 26 May 2013

This is a very nice small property. The staff was friendly and made me feel right at home- especially at dinner time. The food was excellant and not only did I watch it being prepared but there were a few really funny moments one night having to do with the finishing off of some creme brulee. All my questions were answered quickly and completely. The rooms are well-sized and comfortable and the porch is a lovely spot to sit and watch the birds of the area. With the botanical gardens close by, I never knew what I might see. I really enjoyed my time here although it was short and would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank K C
Reviewed 13 May 2013

I am a regular business traveler using higher end business hotels throughout South Africa. I was attracted to try this hotel after reading other Trip Advisor reviews and I found it really did live up to the 5 star reviews. The rooms are very comfortable with the King size plus sized bed with all the usual features one expects in this high end hotel. What makes this place stand out is the level of personal attention. The food is excellent and my only complaint is 'there is too much' and if I stayed too long - my waistline would increase!.
It's set in a quiet and picturesque environment - perfect for winding down after a busy day and the ability to eat dinner in the evenings means I could relax and not have to drive out. I've already booked to stay again and will definitely use this home from home hotel regularly in future.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Sue K
Reviewed 6 May 2013

I have attended a two-day business conference there, and can recommend this venue to anyone! The venue offers exceptional service, the food is to die for and the location is incomparable! You are treated like royalty!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Louise E
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roodepoort
Magalies Manor Hotel
#1 of 2 in Roodepoort
Amadwala Lodge
Amadwala Lodge
#1 of 7 in Roodepoort

Been to Afrique Boutique Hotel Ruimsig? Share your experiences!