“Home away from home” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bryan Manor Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sandton
Bryan Manor Guest House
Ranked #2 of 73 Sandton B&B and Inns
“Home away from home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

I have stayed only once at Bryanston Manor after it was recommended by one of my colleagues. I can assure you that I will be staying with them in the future. The location, service and the rooms are excellent. The staff is very friendly and make you feel like at home.

Room Tip: What ever room you get, will be excellent!!! Love the Honeymoon suit though
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Chris N

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Arabic first
Potchefstroom, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

After my normal surfing of the internet for accommodation in the Bryanston area where my wife and I were to attend my uncle's 80th birtday celebration, I selected Bryan Manor based on their excellent reviews and the fact that they were located 400m down the same Queens Rd where the party was at.
Our reservation formalities for one nights accommodation on 26 August 2014 were handled impeccably by Karen and there was absolutely no hassle with our request to check in early seeing that we had to be at the party venue by 11h30. When we arrived there we were greeted by the owners very freindly veterinarian daughter who, despite the fact that she does not work there or in the hospitality industry, did a great job of making us feel welcome and organised our check in chop chop and without any hassles.
Having arrived, check in formalities taken care of, and having been shown to our room, we were under no illusion that we had booked ourselves into a very special guest house. Bryal Manor, and then I mean everyting about it, garden, communal areas and our room are all immaculate, scrupulously clean, well laid out and tastefully decorated. Our room with bathroom on suite were huge and saw to our every need and comfort including a very good nights sleep.
The owners Charles and Karen and their staff were all very friendly, courteous, helpful and accommodating. It was clear to see that they care and engage with their guests and nothing is too much to ask to ensure the guests comfort. Other than having had the pleasure of meeting Charles and Karen briefly before our departure to the 80th party where we found them to be very polite and friendly, we had the opportunity of having a good chat with Charles just before and during breakfast. It proved to be a small world in respect of the past and common aquaintances, and very interesting listening to Charles' varied business interests.
Another aspect which is worthy of mention is the wide range of complimentary cakes, cookies, pastry and fruits as well as a never ending supply of tea and good quality coffee which is provided for guest convenience. The breakfast is excellent where the omlettes are to die for.
Thanks to Charles, Karen and staff for an exceptional and memorable guest house experience at Bryan Manor. If we need accommocation in the Bryanston area again in the future, we will certainly not hesitate to stay with you again, and will certainly recommend Bryan Manor to even the most discerning potential patrons looking for excellent upper class accommodation.

Butch & Daleen
Potchefstroom

Room Tip: We stayed in a deluxe patio room which was brilliant, but I have no doubt that the same goes for all...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Windhoek, Namibia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

During my 3-night visit at Bryan Manor Guest House, I enjoyed a Safe, Clean and Comfortable stay. The personnel is friendly, yet Professional and they always make you feel at home. Their Breakfast each morning ensures that you are ready for the day ahead and you can return to the welcoming room for a good night's rest. Thank you Bryan Manor Guest House for your hospitality. I am looking forward to the next time.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Windhoek, Namibia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

My stay at Bryan Manor was only for three nights, but during that short time one thought surfaced - this is not a "Guest" House - it's a "Home" House.

Normally, professional service tends to be cold and rather impersonal. The staff managed the incredible feat of delivering a very professional and helpful service while still remaining as warm and welcoming as old friends and family can sometimes only just hope to be.

During my stay, it was fairly cold in Gauteng, yet the house and my (very big!) room was always cozy and inviting. Even with the cold spell it was a pleasure to wander around the well-kept garden.

Breakfasts were enjoyable and of good standard - and being a bit of a coffee lover, the most noticeable thing coming down the stairs from my room to the breakfast area on the first morning of my stay was the smell of freshly brewed coffee of a good brand. That pleasure lasted for the rest of my stay; no pots of hours-old stale coffee sitting around, but rather small batches of fresh brew available as needed.

The only slight inconvenience I experienced in my room was a shortage of accessibly placed electrical plugs, which made charging my cellphone and laptop a bit of a chore. As my stay was so short, I didn't bother raising this with the staff, and I'm very sure that if I did, they would attend to it in no time at all.

The close proximity of Montecasino and other centers with good restaurants made getting dinner easy in the evenings.

The next time I'm on a visit to the Bryanston / Sandton area of Gauteng, Bryan Manor will definitely be my first choice for lodgings.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Arnold B
Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

We had the pleasure of staying at Bryan Manor for 2 months with our 2 young children. It was a wonderful experience for the whole family. The staff are friendly, helpful and always smiling. The staff were incredibly patient with our girls. We really felt at home, with lots of extra personal touches. I loved the breakfast in the morning with fresh fruits, yoghurts and a great cooked breakfast. Everything was extremely comfortable. We left having made new friends!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank gjsj
Jakarta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

Have been stayed in this hotel 3 times already. First in 2009, second in 2011 and last one is in Feb 2014. I worked in Dem. Rep. of Congo and our reps office in Joburg recommends this guesthouse since its close proximity to our office. At first I am not sure with the words "Guest House". After I stayed there, I knew I should have given more chances for these words.

Ok, I am going first with the room and amenities; All I can say the house is homy, clean, well decorated and so cozy. The bed is excellent.

The service is great and Eileen the reception lady is just so nice;

The breakfast if nice if you ask for omelete, bacon and some toasts for your daily starter. Some cold grape juice and orange is also included along with some selections of cereals.

The price is very reasonable if you compare with other 4 stars or 5 stars hotel in Johannesburg which can cost you $200 - $300 per night which I don't think they have the service as good and as details as Bryan Manor.

The owner a very nice gentlemen and a beautiful lady of the house is so friendly and can offer you with some advice and recommendations.

With the price and the service quality like this, Bryan Manor is my no.1 choice for staying in Joburg.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dsinaga
Lahore, Pakistan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

I have travelled extensively over the years, but never enjoyed my stay as much as in Bryan Manor. Facitilies are excellent and very comfrotable. What made the difference was the staff and management, their friendliness and personalised dealing made the stay really memorable.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Salman_Nazir
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandton
Indaba Hotel
#34 of 290 in Johannesburg
Little Tuscany Boutique Hotel
Little Tuscany Boutique Hotel
#11 of 290 in Johannesburg

Been to Bryan Manor Guest House? Share your experiences!