Holiday Inn Express Sandton-Woodmead
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$246
US$180
US$598
US$575
Hotels.com
All reviewsbuy extrasafety and securityper dayrooms are smallwear and tearmy day staybusiness areaeasy accesshotel is situatedyogurtbusiness staypleasant stayenjoyed my staysandton cityhieafricadryer
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 March 2013

This hotel is worth thinking about if you need to be close to something near-by.
It's in an office complex. Other than the hotel bar and restaurant, it's a taxi ride to get to any other facilities (generally taxis are not waiting at the hotel, reception can arrange and charge to your bill, but typically 15 minutes wait until the taxi arrives, and either Sandton centre or Montecasino are some 15-20 minutes ride).
The rooms are quite large, but there is no wardrobe or drawer unit - just some small open shelves and hanging rail. You have a choice of pillows, either "soft" and otherwise, which I found to be either a little too hard and much too hard.
The hotel looks pretty new and well maintained, and the staff are friendly.
The bar is heavily overpriced (and there is no fridge in the rooms and no other bars nearby).
Watch out when booking, or getting a taxi back, to emphasise it's Holiday Inn Express Woodmead. In my case both a travel agent and a taxi driver have missed that and assumed the other Holiday Inn Express Sandton (which is in the centre of Sandton).

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sandton-Woodmead, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2013

Dear HardshipPosting,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel following your recent stay with us.
I’m glad you found the hotel to your liking and I will pass on your comments about the staff being friendly and helpful to them all, it’s always nice to hear we are getting it right.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Krysllin G.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

I travel to Joburg often for busines and I was initially happy to stay at the hotel even though the signage to the hotel is non-existant.
My first few stays, the staff were helpful, the prices were reasonable, the room service was good and the breakfast was fair. All in all I reckon I have stayed at the hotel for nearly 50 nights, nearly every second week for around 18 months, I could clearly see the deterioration of the staff, the quality of service and the food.
It started with House keeping getting annoyed when I was still in my room at 8am. The lady just walked in. While on the subject of housekeeping, they generally do not replenish tea and coffee and milk stocks daily
The breakfast could not be more bland if they tried.
Room service disappeared altogether and eventually a deal was struck with the restaurant to meet the clients at reception. Not exactly room service, is it? The restaurant regularly runs out of things like milk, coca-cola, coffee or steak (It's a steakhouse) The prices are excessive, even if the food was to be good quality.
Often the TV remote didn't work, the lights in the room wouldn't work or the aircon wouldn't work. It seems like it was more the norm than just a few separate incidents.
Fortunately there are other hotels, so I will take my money elsewhere. I now drive three times the distance to get to the office, but at least I am not staying there anymore.

Room Tip: Rooms on the golf course side are generally quieter thant at the busy becleuch highway interchange
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Mark-OH_CT
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sandton-Woodmead, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2013

Dear Mark-OH_CT,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your experience with us.

I am sorry to hear your poor experience and service issues during your visit. Allow me to apologize for the shortcomings in your room and for any inconvenience our housekeeping staff and room service have caused you.

We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class experience. For that reason, the comments are troubling and will certainly be looked into. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. Thank you again for your comments.

Dhan M

Reviewed 31 January 2013

The hotel is an average property, in fact it is a no go for Indian vegetarians - guys were not able to prepare a simple veg sandwich ! Secondly, the Hotel is deceiving people thru the wrong address, the Hotel is not in Sandton but in Woodmead and it's around 12 km from Sandton. Don't know if a brand like Holiday Inn should adopt such tactics, this is not right specifically for international travelers who will look for Hotels in Sandton and this hotel will come up which actually is not in Sandton. Now what more can one expect from such hotel. Otherwise the hotel rooms are good.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Sunil B
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sandton-Woodmead, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2013

Dear Sunil B,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused you and for falling short of your expectations. We have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer to our guests.

Connie D

Reviewed 18 October 2012

I have stayed there on a saturday evening and the hotel was not at all busy. Nevertheless it took the receptionist 15 mins to check me in...

Location is not that great, it is located in a business park, which is secured, but accept a restaurant in the same building , there was nothing else in the neigbourhood that you could visit/do without a car.

Rooms were nice and descent but the airco was quite noisy.

Breakfast was not that good, choice was limited and quality was not that great.

Overall basic hotel good enough to sleep but that's it.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank huguesheylen
Reviewed 4 October 2012

Pros:
- Good Business hotel
- Clean, Comfy rooms with all basic amenities. Functional room layout
- Great value!

Cons:
- Very small bathrooms
- Breakfast is limited
- Very far from anything. No shopping malls, restaurants nearby. Need a taxi to move around

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business