“Recent Visit on Business”

Holiday Inn Sandton - Rivonia Road
Ranked #19 of 47 Hotels in Sandton
Reviewed 25 February 2012

I travel on business throughout the world and am rather discerning when it comes to hotels. Holiday Inn Sandton was a great experience. I arrived jetlagged and early in the morning – they made a room available for me so I could get ready for my day’s meetings. While I was out, they moved my belongs to my proper room. Everywhere I turned, I was greeted with a smiling staff member who was only too happy to genuinely assist me. Now if you are an Olympic swimmer, this is not the place for you as the pool is tiny…and no Jacuzzi (something I really missed). But overall, it was a great stay. I highly recommend the value and experience.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Hotel_Management2010, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Sandton - Rivonia Road, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2012

Hi Bostonboi,

Doing business so far away from home must be tiring and demanding on its own, so it’s even more important for us to make sure your stay is relaxing and hassle free. Glad to hear we lived up to the Holiday Inn promise and made your stay a comfortable one, allowing us to support you on concluding a successful business trip.

Hope to see you back soon at the Holiday Inn Sandton!

At your service,

Reviewed 20 February 2012

I have stayed at this hotel a few times and i cannot find fault. The front desk service is great, the staff will do everything they can to assist. The rooms are very comfortable and always clean. The breakfast is fantastic and the hotel decor and atmosphere is a cut above the rest.

Room Tip: All rooms are great, I prefer the top floor rooms....just habit
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Hotel_Management2010, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Sandton - Rivonia Road, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2012

Hi Christos03,

What a sublime review! The team and I are absolutely over the moon with your “superb” feedback. And thank you for taking the time to shout it out to the world via TripAdvisor!

Looking forward to hosting you again soon upon your next trip to Johannesburg. Greetings to everyone in Durban!

At your service,

Reviewed 19 February 2012

An amazing experience both times I stayed there. Excellent staff. Always eager to god

• Stayed: February 2012
Hotel_Management2010, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Sandton - Rivonia Road, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2012

Dear Sujif,

Superb comment! I am chuffed to hear you thoroughly enjoyed both stays at our beautiful hotel in the heart of Sandton. Keep spreading the word and keep on coming back to the Holiday Inn Sandton.

Hope to see you back again soon,

Reviewed 17 February 2012

The buisness room was huge
The bed was the most comfrtable hotel bed I have ever slept in
The desk was ok , although i had trouble to connect the phone
Tge breakfast was awsome
The staff were nice and helpfull and the taxi services were efficient and quick

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Hotel_Management2010, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sandton - Rivonia Road, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2012

Dear PurpleLadyBug_11....

I just wanted to send you a short note of thanks for your kind words on TripAdvisor. We are glad to hear our business room lived up to your expectations and our team were able to make you feel at home when staying with us in Sandton Johannesburg.

Greetings to everyone in the Atlanta area and hope to see you back soon in South Africa!

Warm regards,

Nils Rothbarth - General Manager

Reviewed 28 January 2012

I stay holiday inn sandton from 7th to 13 Jan.. they charged me twice for internet connection which i didnt realise at the time of making payments.. when i reached my home town,i bring this in their knowledge 14th Jan..today is 28 Jan, noboy even bother to reply from the hotel..id like duty manager/reservationid/
frankly speaking i am shocked at this kind of response from this kind of hotel chain...

Room Tip: Check before your bills very well becasue i don't think they are ethical in their business pract...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Avasthi H
Reviewed 27 January 2012

We stayed in the Holiday Inn in Sandton for 2 nights and LOVED it.
Would loved if we could have stayed longer.
As we were on honeymoon there was complimentary champagne in our room when we arrived with a lovely handwritten card and the room had been decorated beautifully with rose petals everywhere! Just after we got to our room, guest services arrived with complimentary strawberries and chocolate. Lovely touch. The lobby is really impressive, lovely to sit at the bar and just relax. I agree with other reviewers in that the restaurant menu is very limited. We found most staff to be excellent and really friendly- the reception staff (particularly Cindi), dinner staff and concierge staff all great - not as impressed with the staff at breakfast though. Really safe location, bout 5-10 mins walk to Nelson Mandela square. Pool on the top floor is class too! This was our last stop on our 3 week trip to wonderful South Africa and I would highly recommend this hotel and hope to visit again :-)

Room Tip: We were on the 7th floor and had no issues with noise or lack of water like other reviewers mentione...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Hotel_Management2010, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Sandton - Rivonia Road, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2012

Dear Guest,

From all us at the Holiday Inn Sandton, we thank you for your kind words and we feel privileged we could assist in making your stay with us a memorable one.

We wish you and your partner lots of happiness and prosperity in the years ahead and we are looking forward to welcoming you back upon your next trip to South Africa.

Hlumisa Saffa - Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 27 January 2012

If I look, I can find nits to pick in this hotel.

1 The square swimming pool is scarcely twice as long as a domestic bath; too small to be useful except to children.

2 The TVs are cheap no-brands with coarse steps in volume. It's hard to find a setting that's pleasing.

3 There is a shower, but not a bath, at least in my room.

4 Wireless internet works well and is free, but on the ground and first floors only.

5 Worst of all, the lobby and restaurant have synthetic sounds of insects, birdsong and water playing on top of background music. If it was done subtly it would still be notable for its cheesiness; here, it is louder than the music and aggravating enough to drive you out of the afflicted areas.

But in general, I consider this an excellent hotel. The rooms are practical, with tall ceilings, without unnecessary frills, but finished to a high level crafstmanship. It's just a few minutes walk from the train to the airport. The staff are friendly and helpful. It is extremely clean. I will certainly return, though with earplugs.

Room Tip: Choose top floor rooms carefully. Half are under the diesel generator that backs up Johannesburg...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank L0nd0ner53

Dear Guest,

Excellent review! Great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. And I can assure you that we will look into your comments on the sound system at the hotel. Our apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Greetings from the entire team and we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Hlumisa Saffa - Guest Relations Manager