Stayed there recently when I attended an exhibition in Johannesburg.
Nice business hotel, Rooms are comfortably big enough for my colleague & myself.
Hotel had the normal 3 pin & 2 pin wall plugs at the study table which I felt was really good so I did not need an adaptor. In-room electronic safe was also provided. Good variety of tv programmes so I could watch TV in my limited free time.
They also had a comfortable lobby which we could sit down and discuss work with our laptops or at the lazy corner where they had ample seating.
Service at the conceirge was very friendly & helpful. They were always ready to answer your questions or get you a taxi.
The hotel also had someone who was standing by the lobby lift (presumably to deter unwanted "guests"). We all know that it could be a little unsafe in South Africa at times, but generally, Sandton is safe.
Did not use the Skye Bar nor the business centre so I cannot comment.
However, i felt that wifi could be provided free in the rooms (being a business hotel) since the rates are quite steep actually.
Breakfast was sumptous but a bit pricy (again).
Had an incident when i was in the shower late at night (about 1am) when the water supply stopped suddenly. I was stranded in the shower for about 15 minutes with soap all over my body. Fortunately the water supply came back on and i quickly finished my bath.
Barring that incident, it was a pleasant stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Sandton , Rivonia Road located in the heart of Gauteng's corporate, financial and shopping mecca. This cosmopolitan hotel is in close proximity to OR Tambo International Airport, and 500 metres away from the Sandton Gautrain station. Close to numerous attractions such as the Sandton Convention Centre, Sandton City Shopping Centre and Nelson Mandela Square, Holiday Inn Sandton - Rivonia Road provides the ultimate accommodation in Sandton for any business or leisure guest. Our lobby features glittering handmade chandeliers and a 10 metre long fireplace were one can relax and surf the complimentary wireless Internet available to all guests. Within the lobby is our Chairman's bar, the perfect spot to grab a hot cup of coffee and a deliciously fresh pastry before you start your day. Indulge in a full hotel continental breakfast buffet at our Lettuce & Lime Restaurant, or enjoy a delectable meal from our a la carte menu paired with a bottle from our extensive wine list. Our state of the art conferencing facilities and professional service combine to make Holiday Inn Sandton, Rivonia Road one of the most sought conference and meeting venues in Sandton. The hotel also has a 24-hour self-service Business Centre, and 7 meeting rooms which can cater for up to 200 people, including 3 conferencing rooms on the 9th floor surrounded by stunning views of the surrounding area. Our 9th floor is also the location of our famous Skye Bar and swimming pool.Our friendly staff are always welcoming and professional, working around the clock to make your Holiday Inn stay as comfortable and memorable as possible. We pride ourselves in our excellent 24 hour room service menu as well as our amazing travel desk, which offers local attraction tips and sight seeing tours."Stay Appreciated" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Sandton - Rivonia Road reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Sandton - Rivonia Road Hotel Sandton
- Holiday Inn Sandton - Rivonia Road Greater Johannesburg, South Africa