“Business hotel, Comfortable, Clean and No Hassle, everything is taken care for”

Radisson Blu Hotel Sandton, Johannesburg
Ranked #14 of 46 Hotels in Sandton
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Clean and tidy. Staff is very courteous and fast in delievering service. Accomodating to requests and offer information. No issues. Breakfast is great. Eating area is very trendy and appealing. Best of business stay. Small things like chocolate on the pillow, water bottles in the room makes a huge difference. Taxi to airport is great, the driver is friendly.
Overall, great experience. Free Shuttle to Sandton mall every hour is a great help if you need to go out and check out mall etc. Free wifi.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
General M, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Sandton, Johannesburg, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2014

Good Day,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the Radisson Blu Hotel Sandton on TripAdvisor.

I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us including our breakfast, shuttle bus and transfers to the airport. Your feedback is important to us.

I am also excited to hear you enjoyed the finer details in your room such as the complimentary water and chocolates on your pillows, our Executive Housekeeper will be delighted to share this with her team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

Not a hideously bad hotel, but a lot wrong with it.

Firstly, the maids are incredibly noisy. I mean NOISY. Yabbering away in the corridor at all times of the day and night without consideration to the guests. That's unacceptable. I was also awoken by a call at 08:34 which I let go to room voicemail. Picking this up later it was clearly a maid hoovering a room and shouting to colleagues. I'm still mystified as to how that happened.

Secondly, the lift system is chaotic. You need to punch in your desired floor and get a lift allocated. Unfortunately this can mean going up as well as down so not only can it take a while to actually get where you want to go, but adding people at every stop makes for a tedious experience.

Thirdly, the details are lacking. My shower flooded the bathroom and had to get it unblocked. The retractable clothes line was glued - yes, glued - to the wall and promptly fell off when I hung my gym kit on it. The iron I requested - when it eventually came - leaked so much I might as well have stuck my shirt in the sink. The hair dryer (to dry said shirt) didn't work. The Ethernet socket on the desk was totally broken but teasingly they still supplied a cable. The wifi was patchier than a quilt and sometimes non-existent.

On the plus side? The gym is excellent. One if the best I've ever been to. However, in-gym wifi was not extended to hotel guests as the gym is run by a separate company (i like to listen to podcasts or the radio when running).

Overall very disappointing. At least Nelson Mandela Square is 10 mins walk and there are plenty of eating and drinking options. Would I choose to come back? In a word - NO.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank colinmh23

Good Day,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us on TripAdvisor.

Your feedback is valuable to us as it helps us to understand what we did right and wrong and improve on all areas.

I am concerned that you did not have a good stay with us and have had a meeting with the team to discuss all matters addressed in your review.

I do hope that you will give us a second chance and try our hotel and facilities when you are next in Johannesburg as we will be working hard to rectify the areas concerned.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

The room amenities provided were excellent. There were some issues which I have communicated to them. These were with respect to Airport pick up, Check IN services, laundry services and the out side noise disturbances due to improper closing of window. Otherwise, the place where it is situated is very good, The restaurant was very good and the lobby had enough space where I could have my meetings.

Good Day,

Thank you for rating your stay with us on TripAdvisor.

I am happy to hear that your concerns were addressed with the team and I hope they were accommodating in ensuring these were taken care of.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

We used the RB Sandton for a 2 night stopover before continuing our trip in South Africa.

Team were very helpful, rooms (executive) were spacious, clean, well appointed and quiet. For what feels like a very good business orientated hotel, the services on offer were exceptional.

Spa, Fitness Centre and Rooftop Pool are great facilities. This Radisson Blu also has a regular shuttle bus to/from Mandela Square & Sandton City shopping, which is a real bonus.

Lastly, the restaurant deserves separate mention. For a business class hotel which has a largely transient audience, the restaurant provided dishes of exceptional quality and choice. Every meal we had their (Breakfast thru Dinner) was faultless.

Next time we need to stay in Jo'burg, we'll be back.

Room Tip: All seem well appointed, choose an 'Executive' room if you can.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Good Day,

Thank you for taking the time to review and rate your recent stay with the Radisson Blu Hotel Sandton.

I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us including spa, fitness facilities, out door pool deck and complimentary shuttle service.

We are very proud of our chefs and the hard work they put in to ensure that Vivace Restaurant produces the quality food our guests deserve, so thank you for this special mention, our Executive Chef will be very proud to share this with her team.

I look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you back to Johannesburg.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

A good hotel in the sandton area and well secured. Rooms are neat and clean. The hotel services can improve a lot. There is access to a very good gym and swimming pool. Would give it an overall average rating due to poor hotel staff.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
General M, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Sandton, Johannesburg, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Good Day,

Thank you for taking the time to rate and review the Radisson Blu Hotel Sandton on TripAdvisor.

I am pleased to hear that you felt well secured and that your room was of high standard during your stay with us.

I am however concerned about the service from the team and will have this address with all the management so we can ensure that this does not continue.

I do hope you will visit us again in the near future and that we will be able to meet and exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Radisson Sandton is an excellent, high standard business hotel with convenient location in Sandton. Rooms are large and comfortable and staff is professional and friendly. Excellent breakfast buffet and good pool area but highlight by far is the access to the Platinum Planet Fitness located on 10th floor in the same building. All-you-can-eat fitness and spa + 25 m pool - perfect for morning or after-hours workout!

Good Day,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am pleased to hear from your review that you experienced my team's "Yes I Can!" hospitality whilst you stayed with us.

I am extremely pleased that you enjoyed the gym facilities we have located on our premises along with our Super Breakfast Buffet and outdoor swimming pool.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Johannesburg.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

I rate this hotel highly because of security freindlyness and very clean. It is also located within walking distance to shops and places of bussiness that i usually attend to. I would also like to bring my family to this just to relax,and i will also recommend this hotel to my colleges and freinds.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
General M, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Sandton, Johannesburg, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Good Day,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am extremely pleased to hear that your stay was an enjoyable one and that we managed to tick all the boxes when it comes to safety and cleanliness.

We are also delighted that you found our location to be just right and be able to walk to your destinations, we have a complimentary shuttle bus that will be able to take you within a 3km radius in Sandton for your future stays with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Johannesburg in the near future and do hope that you have an opportunity to bring your family along next time too.