“One of the best”
Review of Claires of Sandton

Claires of Sandton
Ranked #2 of 78 Sandton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 April 2011

My husband and I combined a bussiness trip with a visit to family and stayed at Claires.
I prefere B&B's to hotels because I like the more personel touch in B&B. We stayed in an extra luxury room because we wanted A/C. The room was very comfortable, spacey enough and very tastfully decorated,the quality of sleep exellent (perfect pillows - not too big). The bathroom and bath wonderfully big, a real luxury. Everything was super clean. The wi-fi internet worked well in our room as well as the rest of th B&B The pool and veranda very pretty even though we didn't have the chance to use them.The breakfast was exelent. Above all the welcome was personal, thank you to Claire and her husband and Zodwa for everything, all the advise and help.I really hope we will come again

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 6 April 2011

I stayed at Claire's on a recent trip to South Africa and it was very good. The room was comfortable and clean, the grounds were beautiful and the staff was excellent. They were also very helpful arranging transportation for my stay. The guesthouse is in a residential suburb so having a car is useful for getting around. I note this as I did not have one. However Beke, with Emzantsi Executive Cab was very helpful and available for transportation whenever I needed to go someplace.

I would recommend both Claire's and Emzantsi highly.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 April 2011

I arrived to a wonderful breakfast and things only improved. Lovely comfortable room and terrific home cooking. Claire and her friendly staff could not have been more helpful or looked after me better.
I shall return.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 March 2011

We traveled with our 2 year old and my in-laws and everyone was blown away by the experience. We cannot speak high enough of the place! We were given extremely warm welcome by Claire the owner and her "bras droit" Zodwa who is simply GREAT!! We immediately felt at home - as if we were at a friend's place. Food is fresh and very good quality, there is great attention to detail, rooms are nicely furnished and very cosy and the B&B is ideally located in a tranquil area of Sandton, yet very near to shops and restaurants. A good deal even for people on business - very flexible and much warmer than traditional hotel accommodation. We highly recommend the place and will definitely come back chez Claire!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 March 2011

This guesthouse is what Tripadvisor is all about - finding that great place that you would not know about without Tripadvisor!
The facilities and size of rooms make this more of a small hotel than guesthouse, but the care and friendliness received is genuine and definitely more family business orientated. Claire's is suitable for the business traveler as well as holiday maker. The location is quiet and safe while not being far from William Nicol and if you hire a car from OR Tambo airport, it will take no more than 30 minutes traffic free to get there.
The grounds are beautiful with a nice pool surrounded by loungers. There is a stoop with garden furniture and an open lounge for all guests to relax in. Free WiFi is available though seems to be turned off after 10 pm.
The rooms are very spacious, fantastic bathrooms with nice toiletries, bed was large, TV in room had an excellent selection of DSTV channels - much more than in good hotels I have stayed in. The rooms also have a fridge, cafetiere, kettle and microwave - fresh milk is given (hooray somewhere who knows that longlife milk is not really that great) and plenty of crockery and cutlery .
Now to the atmosphere - both Claire (owner) and Zoda (key staff member) are simply wonderful and understand customer centricity. Nothing is too much trouble - checking that you know where you are going, that all is okay and if there is anything at all you need - really giving thought to the business traveler and they care about their guests remembering what each of us had said we were doing that day and asking about it. Oh and breakfast is as early as you need it - again catering to the business guest who needs to be at the office early.
Breakfast was great, fresh fruit, cereal, cooked dish, etc etc.
I am really particular about accommodation and I have to tell you there is nothing I would change about Claires.I stayed 2 nights and when I left it was like leaving family. I have recommended this to all of my friends in Johannesburg if they have visitors either holidaymakers or work visitors. I personally have paid more than double the rates at Claires to stay in hotels in the Melrose Arch, Sandton area and consider that to have been wasted - if only I had found out about Claire's a year ago!!

I would recommend this location without any hesitation.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 February 2011

Good location in a quiet and safe area in JHB. Good transport arrangements Excellent breakfast and neat rooms.
Will be back next time.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 February 2011

I had a wonderful time during my five night stay at Claire's this January. The guest house is located in a beautiful neighborhood near shops and restaurants of Sandton. Claire and Z could not have been more accommodating, helping our large group navigate around Johannesburg and plan trips to various tourist attractions. The rooms are spacious, clean and beautifully done. I would highly recommend staying at Claires for a relaxing, safe and fun trip in South Africa.

Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business