“18 months later, I find myself still staying at Claire's” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Claires of Sandton

Claires of Sandton
Ranked #1 of 73 Sandton B&B and Inns
Pretoria, South Africa
“18 months later, I find myself still staying at Claire's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2011

I reviewed Claire's 18 months ago, only to find I'm still enjoying three nights a week at the same place. I've slept in all 8 rooms. All are comfortable, well equipped, clean, etc. Most of all I love the fresh milk in the fridge, the small bottle of quality instant coffee and the selection of tea bags and infusions in each room. It is, as one guest described it, like staying at a favourite auntie's house.

• Stayed July 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Woking, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2011

We booked into Claires for our one night stop off after reading the great tripadvisor reviews. We weren't disappointed! The rooms were charming and the B&B itsefl spotless and really well presented. We had a great nights sleep and were even able to order takeaway to our room as we were pretty tired after all our flights! The staff there can't be more helpful, they really want you to have a perfect stay. Our breakfast in the morning was another highlight, my husband said that the english breakfast was better than most he'd had in the UK!!! A real gem of a hotel!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Jensen Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2011

The service, food, travel advice and cleanliness at Claires is first rate and is covered adequately elsewhere. This comment is about Claire's commitment to her clients.

Upon our departure, my wife inadvertently left a valued piece of jewelry in the room. Claire personally took it upon herself to track us down at the train station, braving traffic, train security staff and turnstiles. The result: a very happy wife and an extremely appreciated host.

Thanks, Claire !!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2011

My stay at Claire's was the most memorable experience of my trip to South Africa. Claire, Harry, Zodwa & staff were amazing!!!! I have never felt so comfortable and right at home before when traveling. They will always have a special place in my life and I will always return to Claire's when in South Africa! Claire's is a must for all visiting SA......you will not be disappointed!!!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for the Green room..........
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Afula, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2011

My husband and I combined a bussiness trip with a visit to family and stayed at Claires.
I prefere B&B's to hotels because I like the more personel touch in B&B. We stayed in an extra luxury room because we wanted A/C. The room was very comfortable, spacey enough and very tastfully decorated,the quality of sleep exellent (perfect pillows - not too big). The bathroom and bath wonderfully big, a real luxury. Everything was super clean. The wi-fi internet worked well in our room as well as the rest of th B&B The pool and veranda very pretty even though we didn't have the chance to use them.The breakfast was exelent. Above all the welcome was personal, thank you to Claire and her husband and Zodwa for everything, all the advise and help.I really hope we will come again

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2011

I stayed at Claire's on a recent trip to South Africa and it was very good. The room was comfortable and clean, the grounds were beautiful and the staff was excellent. They were also very helpful arranging transportation for my stay. The guesthouse is in a residential suburb so having a car is useful for getting around. I note this as I did not have one. However Beke, with Emzantsi Executive Cab was very helpful and available for transportation whenever I needed to go someplace.

I would recommend both Claire's and Emzantsi highly.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2011

I arrived to a wonderful breakfast and things only improved. Lovely comfortable room and terrific home cooking. Claire and her friendly staff could not have been more helpful or looked after me better.
I shall return.