“Very comfortable, safe and friendly”
Review of Claires of Sandton

Claires of Sandton
Ranked #2 of 78 Sandton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 September 2012

I travelled to Sandton and stayed at Claire's for 3 nights with my husband and mum to attend my brother's wedding nearby. This really does seem like a 'home from home' with clean, comfortable rooms which have everything you need from a well stocked fridge & mini bar to a microwave with place settings in case you want a take away! We had arranged an airport collection and the driver, Nelson was also on hand to ferry us around to the local sights. Claire recommended a fab local restaurant (Chaplins) and dropped us there, arranging for the manager to bring us back - nothing seemed too much trouble. Zodwa and her team took great care of us and we enjoyed a superb breakfast every morning overlooking the garden with a vast array of local birds who breakfasted with us. I would highly recommend Claire's x

Room Tip: Upstairs room have air conditioning although we didn't need it at the time of year we were trave...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Alison K
There are newer reviews for Claires of Sandton

Reviewed 28 September 2012 via mobile

I travel to Joburg about twice a month. Since my first stay at Claire's, I haven't looked anywhere else. Zodwa, Claire and the team always make you feel at home. Rooms are spacious and have everything you need. Proximity to Sandton is a huge plus, I can get to my meetings in 10 minutes even in a Sandton rush hour. Look forward to many more comfortable visits.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 17 September 2012

I travel to Johannesburg weekly , staying from Monday to Wednesday most weeks.

My stays at this establishment have been great.

From the large comfortable rooms to the excellent dinners, everything is consistently excellent.

I think that is why I keep coming back !

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 September 2012

I have stayed in Claires twice, and have booked to go back again next month. It is so pleasant and close to everything in Sandton that will always come back. Large rooms, impeccable service and a brekkie to die for. What else!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 September 2012

We spent two comfortable nights in an Extra Luxury Room on the first (top) floor. The beds were excellent with extra long mattresses and quality bedding. Claire was on hand to welcome us, along with the friendly and ever efficient Zodwa, giving the whole place a nice atmosphere. Breakfast was good with fresh fruit and various cereals and yoghurt. In addition there was a choice of freshly cooked items. We also had dinner on both evenings which was simple home-cooked fare but very tasty and enjoyable. Claire uses a taxi driver called Nelson (easy to remember!) who took us on a tour of old haunts and the epic Apartheid Museum on one day and the Voortrekker Monument/Museum, Freedom Park and Union Buildings in Pretoria on the other. If you want a safe, personable driver to take you around, waiting for as long as you wish at your chosen venues, you won't go wrong using him.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2012

My family and I spent 3 nights at Claires of Sandton last month (August). As first-time visitors to Joburg, we had been somewhat apprehensive about personal safety before our arrival. So it was a great relief to find Claires located on a safe, quiet street ... with a variety of eating places and other amenities within walking distance (I particularly recommend the Italian restaurant).

Breakfast time was always a delight (Claire is an excellent chef and serves generous portions). The lovely birds feeding right outside the parlour window gave breakfast that extra-special touch.

Claire and Zodwa really made us feel at home, always ready to offer suggestions if we asked (and never seemed daunted by our endless questions).

The room itself was tastefully decorated with an African touch and the bathroom was a generous size, with both a shower and a bathtub -- always spotless cleaned. Unfortunately, we didn't get to use the pool as it was winter in SA, but it was set in a cosy garden.

Thank you so much for making our first visit to South Africa so memorable!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 September 2012

I booked South Africa for our honeymoon, arriving in J'Burg we needed a place to spend the first couple of nights. I found Claire's on Tripadvisor and decided to go with it due to all the great reviews. All we can say is that it was fantastic, the service was amazing, the breakfasts incredible and the room was just lovely. Claire's is situated 5 mins from Sandton and has a couple of good eateries and stores just round the corner. Claire & Zodwa made our stay just perfect, anything we needed was and would have been catered for, it was the perfect start to our honeymoon!

Room Tip: Extra luxury rooms on the first floor are great!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple