“SUPER STAY”
Review of Claires of Sandton

Claires of Sandton
Ranked #2 of 78 Sandton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 November 2013

All in all a great place to stay. All staff is friendly, accommodating and super. Was staying here for business the second time and felt really at home. No effort is too much! Everything has a special touch. Will definitely be back!

Room Tip: The 'luxury' rooms' are maybe nicer to have because they are upstairs, but the standard...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Claire B, Owner at Claires of Sandton, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

You ladies are wonderful and we love having you stay with us at Claires. Thank you for my present, I am still savouring them!
We look forward to seeing you in 2014.

There are newer reviews for Claires of Sandton

Reviewed 27 November 2013

While visiting South Africa on business I had the pleasure of staying here for 10 days. It provided a home away from home. Everything was impeccable. The staff were amazing and showed great kindness to me during my stay. The breakfasts were nutritious and beautifully presented. It couldn't get any better. I would highly recommend this Guest House.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your kind words. We had such a great time with all of you and were thrilled to be a part of your "African Adventure". We hope that your next trip will be soon and that you get to experience a South African summer.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

While visiting South Africa for business, a friend highly recommended that I stat at Claires of Sandton. My 5 days stay at Claires was nothing short of a pleasant and memorable experience - I really used to look forward to finishing my business during the day so that I could go back and enjoy my beautiful room and tranquil garden! The breakfast was wonderful and healthy. All this was made possible by the great service offered by Claire's wonderful team of amazing professionals all of whom were more than happy to serve and make my stay as well as that of other guests special.

I highly recommend Claire's for business, family or time out alone to refresh - definitely will not disappoint!

Room Tip: I prefer the rooms on the top floor for more privacy & to enjoy the wonderful view of the garden...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your review and recommendation. The summer garden is looking beautiful and the birds are loving it; the next time you need a time out to "refresh", give us a call.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

My husband and I had two children playing in a water polo tournament at St Stithian's School and found Claires of Sandton via Tripadvisor. It turned out to be the best decision we made ... the guest house was 4 min from the venue and the owners were very accommodating towards our non-compliant breakfast requests - one morning we had an early start, so they served us slightly early and the other morning we went to watch some games and then had a later breakfast, with which they were very accommodating. The room was perfect for us and the environment was very peaceful - something I was not expecting so close to Sandton. We went out for supper both evenings we were there and found restaurants very close by.
The staff were fantastic and there was nothing we could fault.
All in all a wonderful stay at a lovely oasis in Johannesburg and we can highly recommend it!

Room Tip: Our room was upstairs, so there was no foot traffic past us.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Claire B, Owner at Claires of Sandton, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2013

We do our best to ensure that all our guests needs are met; thank you for noticing this. Our close proximity to Sandton and local restaurants is extremely convenient.
We appreciate you kind words and look forward to seeing you for the next tournament, hopefully the weather will be a bit kinder to the players.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Whilst the four of us from Australia were due to stay two nights, in the end we only stayed one night. How we wished we could have stayed longer. it is one of he best guest houses that we have ever stayed in. The attention to detail and the hospitality of the staff is what makes this guest house outstanding. If we ever come back to J'burg we would only consider staying at Claires

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for kind words and compliments. We strive to maintain guest satisfaction and attention to detail is key in this process. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

I stayed at Claire's with my sisters their children, my children, my father and a few other relatives a few weeks ago. The accommodation is first class and her breakfasts are terrific. We were there for my bother's wedding and had a few night's out with family. Claire was good enough to arrange baby sitting which was a real treat.

Claire's is a lovely spot that I would highly recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

A fabulous time for a fabulous family. We loved meeting all of you and Zodwa thoroughly enjoyed spending time with the children. Thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you all soon.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

My extended family and I took over Claire's for 4 nights as had flown over for our brothers wedding and from early engagement on email upto the moment we checked out, Chantal, Zodwa and the team went out of their way to ensure our every need (and boy were we needy!) was catered for. Our children had great fun by the pools all day, the breakfasts were OUSTANDING and after long days of socialising, we all slept in fabulously comfortable beds and rooms. It was a perfect time and we will definitely return - if Chantal can bear it!
PS - blackout curtains in the bedrooms are also such a plus.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Not only can we bear it...we insist on you returning for a visit. We loved meeting all of you and hope that there is a family reunion for the 1st wedding anniversary (or stork party).