“Unbeatable Quality and Service”
Review of Claires of Sandton

Claires of Sandton
Ranked #2 of 79 Sandton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 August 2014

This is the third year in a row that my family has stayed at Claire's. Prime location, great service, friendliness and professionalism are the hallmarks of the experience. From the initial correspondence with Chantelle organising airport transfers to the day to day support and service from Zodwa, everything was fantastic. Claire was also around during this stay and we had a chance to chat and catch up which is fantastic compared to other similar guest houses i have stayed in in other parts of the world. We were also able to catch a live event at Nelson Mandela square which is a short distance away which was great. If my travels take me to Southern Africa again, i am sure i will be adding South Africa and Sandton in particular as a stop to experience the relaxed breakfasts, bird watching and comfy rooms at Claire's.

Room Tip: I have been in the The Hoopoe Room in a previous stay and this time we had The Cape room. Both were...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 14 August 2014

My 3 day experience was tremendously enjoyable. Chantelle, ,Zodwa and their team were friendly, taking care of me as if I was royalty, but also professionally. The room was squeaky clean and pleasantly comfortable. A five star hotel has nothing on this place.
Breakfast was out of this world with coffees from Ethopia, Arabia and other exotic locations, fresh fruit that tasted like it was just plucked from the adjacent garden not to mention the scrumptuous French toast which remains my firm favourite. Will always be my first choice if I need accomodation in the area.

Room Tip: corner suites are large and sunny
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Stayed here for 11 nights while in South Africa for a family member's operation.
Great location with lovely garden and pool, perfect for a spot of bird watching from the breakfast room. Breakfasts are as good as any 5 star hotel I've stayed in, and communal lounge area very comfortable post-op.
Thanks to Chantal and Zodwa for a lovely stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

I have just spent an excellent weekend hosted @ Claire's of Sandton.

Where do I start....

Centrally located
Spacious parking (rare in this day and age! )
Relaxed but professional team!
Excellent breakfast choice
Rooms with attention to detail (multiple adaptors,microwave,bar fridge,double his and hers basins,underfloor heating,couch! )

What made the stay something special is I was unwell during my stay and Chantelle and Zodwa did as much as possible to assist me even giving me some medication.

Thank you so much. You guys really went the extra mile.There is a reason Claire's is rated so highly and now I know why!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 July 2014

as comfortable as home. spacious bedroom and bathroom. friendly staff with a sense of humour and delicious breakfast. place of choice when in jhb.price is reasonable for a guest house of this standard.good to wake up to birdsong in a garden setting. Chantalle and Zodwa are helpful, friendly and both have a sense of humour which makes staying there even more welcoming.
there are some good restaurants nearby and Sandton is not too far away. my colleagues raved about the omlettes they had for breakfast and my only complaint was that i ate too much!!

Reviewed 31 July 2014

This is a very good place to stop when In Johanesburg.
It's quiet, very cosy, the poeple are very nice, friendly
The rooms are clean and big.
I had a great time , Unfortunately I could not enjoy the outdoor swimming pool in the garden, I went there in winter

Reviewed 14 July 2014

The friendly staff feel more like family and this for me, just makes all the difference. The rooms are impeccable, the breakfasts are scrumptious and the location is perfect.
For this reason, I dont always get the opportunity to stay at Claires as they are usually booked well in advance and I tend to travel at short notice.
They remain for my first choice however and I would recommend them well above any other establishment in the Sandton area!

1  Thank Grant W