“'Fantastic Find'”
Review of Tladi Lodge

Tladi Lodge
Ranked #22 of 81 Sandton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Stayed one night for a meeting in Sandton. Could not fault the place. The owners and staff were on hand to make the stay relaxed. It is very quite and very well furnished. The bedroom was very spacious and comfortable. I much prefer these places to Hotels and this one is highly recommended if you need to stay in Sandton.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Ian H, Owner at Tladi Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2013

Thank you for your review. Sylvia and I look forward to hosting you again and hopefully your next visit can be a longer one.

Ian.

Reviewed 19 May 2013

I stayed for one night last week. The owners were very accommodating and the room was tastefully furnished and equipped with all the mod cons. Lovely large bathroom and walk in powerful shower. Great nights sleep followed by a superb breakfast spread. The bonus is definitely its close proximity to Sandton and Grayston Drive which leads straight to the highway. The Free wifi a real bonus! I will definitely return when i'm next in town!

Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Ian H, Owner at Tladi Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2013

Hi James,

Sylvia and I were pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Many thanks for taking the time to review Tladi Lodge. We look forward to hosting you on your next visit to Sandton.

Regards, Ian

Reviewed 11 May 2013

stayed here 2 nights last week- for business in Sandton. The Lodge is good, with a large garden en a nice pool+ two fun dogs playing around, a kitchen and fridge with drinks etc. Breakfast on a large dining table with other guests.... I enjoyed it much more then staying in the big hotels and surely will return. Free Wifi. Recommend to try out the tuktuk for going to Mandela square (3 km)- much more efficient then a taxi.

Room Tip: I had a room in the main house which was good; with an attached room/ desk etc.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Ian H, Owner at Tladi Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2013

Thanks for your review. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to hosting you on your next trip,
Regards, Ian.

Reviewed 10 May 2013

Had a two week stay at Tladi Lodge in April/May 2013 and thoroughly enjoyed my time there. Friendly hosts Ian & Sylvia Harrison made me feel welcome and relaxed at all times.
The property has a stunning, peaceful environment with very comfortable well fitted rooms. I stayed in the exceptionally spacious Fish Eagle Suite and it's separate lounge and full kitchen was great for my longer stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Ian H, Owner at Tladi Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2013

Hi Andre,

Thanks for taking the time to review Tladi Lodge. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and had a chance to charge your batteries. We look forward to hosting you on your next break.

Ian and Sylvia.

Reviewed 1 February 2013

I have stayed at the Tladi a number of times before on business, mostly recently this week. They effortlessly accommodated my early arrival and allowed me to freshen up early prior to going onto my office. The grounds and accommodation are much more reminiscent of a rural environment than downtown Sandton yet are ideally placed to access urban highlights such as Nelson Mandela Square. The breakfasts are excellent, the rooms comfortable and importantly the wifi works well - a key drawback of many South Africa hotels. Ultimately it is a great place to stay with a relaxed service focused attitude.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Ian H, Owner at Tladi Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2013

Many thanks for your kind words. We are pleased we were able to accommodate your early check in. We always try to allow for early check ins, but this is sometimes dictated to us by what time the previous guest checks out.

We look forward to hosting you on your next visit to Sandton.

Reviewed 8 January 2013

I stayed at the Tladi Lodge before disappearing into the bush to work for 3 months so it was a very nice piece of luxury before my hardship.
The directions given to the hotel were very good, although I have driven in Jo'burg before and a check on Google Maps backed up the instructions. The arrival at the hotel was nice being met by the owner and the adorable dogs. After a brief checking in procedure where I was treated as an individual, not just another guest. I was taken to my room, located in a small cottage about 50m from the main building, The room was beautifully appointed and very comfortable.
I had a problem accessing wifi from the room which was very quickly resolved by the owner.
I had booked a meal at the hotel that evening and was given the choices early on so chef could prepare it. When I turned up for my meal I found that the well stocked bar area was done on trust. You simply helped yourself and jotted it on a list on the bar. There were no shocks as the reasonable prices were listed on the sheet.
I was asked by the owners if I wanted to sit with another single guest at dinner, which I agreed. It was nice to chat to someone else over my meal. The food was excellent and plentiful. After vour dessert the chef came out to talk to us, a very nice touch and spent some time with us talking about all sorts of stuff not just the food. A great experience.
Breakfast was also very nice with a large variety of choices.
It was very easy to come and go during the day having been given an access key to the secure car park.
The grounds of the hotel are very nice and although I didn't use the pool or tennis courts they looked in good order.
All in all a fantastic stay and one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed in. I would highly recommend all aspects of it and will definitely stay again

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Ian H, Owner at Tladi Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2013

Thanks for your detailed review of Tladi Lodge. We hope you enjoyed your 3 month stint in the bush, and look forward to hosting you in South Africa again.

Reviewed 24 September 2012

I can recommend this lodge for anyone seeking a relaxed and peaceful environment after a day at work. Both the owners go out their way to make sure you have a pleasant stay and if you wish, dinner is cooked for you at the lodge. Good sized rooms with comfy beds.
Only small downside is that you definitely will need a 10 minute drive into the centre in case you choose to dine-out or have a drink in the city.
Loved the pet dogs.
Recommended for any trip to Jo'burg area.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business