DaVinci Hotel and Suites
US$147
US$132
Priceline
  • Restaurant
All reviewsnelson mandela squareshopping mallglass doorlarge mallexcellent hoteldirect accessmodern hotelnespresso machinestar hotellate checkoutthe air conditioningturn down servicerooms are largebreakfast buffetsouth africapool deckmini bar
Reviewed 11 November 2013

This is the 2nd time I have stayed in your hotel in the last 3 months and would not hesitate to visit again and reccommend this hotel to my friends. All the finer details of a quality hotel are there for everyone to see.

Great Service, Great food, Vey clean and very helpful staff.

I hope to visit again early next year, but for a holiday this time.

Thanks to you all

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Tony S
RuiAntunes, Rooms Division Manager at DaVinci Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Dear Tony S,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a wonderful TripAdvisor Report. I am delighted to hear that you once again had a wonderful stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back next year.

Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

My wife was here for her school program to visit business in JoBurg and I just tagged along. We arrived early from an international flight and the room was not ready. No worries though, the front desk rushed the room, porter held our luggage, and we had breakfast in the mall the hotel is attached to. When we were done eating the room was ready. The room is spotless and has all the amenities one could need. The FD staff was nice and assisted with all my questions. There is always a person by the elevator to open it for you. I ordered room service just about everyday and the service is prompt and the person delivering was always smiling. I truly think the room service prices are to low along with the alcohol at the bar. Any business people will be amazed how cheap it is, so take full advantage. If this is your first time to Africa, as it was mine, dont worry about it being dangerous. I walked around with my friend and used common sense. I took the Gautrain and walked around the vicinity of the hotel by my self. People in JoBurg are kind and welcoming. Of course there are bad ones, but they are in every city. I rate hotels very hard and I know what to look for (I am a front office manager in Orlando) and this hotel is absolutely perfect. If you are planning to go toJoburg pick this hotel. I will be coming back and I will bring my little daughter next time.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank ksul7784

Dear ksul7784,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write the TripAdvisor report.

It is wonderful to hear that you had such a great time with us and found the service to be prompt and effective. We pride ourselves in offering only the best possible service to all of our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back along with your little daughter the next time that you visit Johannesburg.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

It is my third time in this hotel and quality is staying at same level of excellence.
Service is excellent and also food is great and fine in the Maximilien restaurant where Ozzie will let you feeling home with excellence.
Rooms are very good, comfortable and clean.
Only missing thing but not very important is no foreign channels as Tv5 monde or Al Jazeera channel on TV where if available can make the difference.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank rafikabdi
RuiAntunes, Manager at DaVinci Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dear rafikabdi,

I would like to warmly thank you for your feedback and wonderful compliments, all staff and management will enjoy reading it.

We will definitely keep your comment in mind regarding the additional channels for future reference and thank you for your suggestion.

We look forward to once again welcoming you back in the near future.

Rooms Divison Manager

Reviewed 30 October 2013

Unfortunately we were only able to stay here for one night. The staff was so accommodating and kind. The hotel is beautiful and has an amazing location. It is located on the Nelson Mandela Square just steps from the mall and great restaurants. If you are in this area, this is definitely a place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BchVball

Dear BchVball,

Thank you for the time taken to give us your feedback regarding your stay with us at the DAVINCI Hotel and Suites.

I too am sad that you were only able to spend one night with us, but trust that it will not be too long before we welcome you back.

Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed 30 October 2013

Friendly and attentive staff, clean, modern, different/creative interior, fast internet (for South African standards anyway), comfortable bed, good quality linen, good breakfast with plenty of choice (and a breakfast on the go for those who don't have time for a sit-down breakfast!), lovely touches (e.g. a Lindt chocolate on your bed every night), very conveniently located with direct access to Sandton Mall with all its shops, restaurants etc..
Unfortunately, I did not have time to visit the spa, maybe next time...
I can highly recommend this hotel and would love to return some time.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Lana H

Dear PrincipessaSA,

All staff and management at DAVINCI Hotel and Suites thank you greatly for this wonderful review. We are pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your lovely compliments and kind words.

Perhaps on your next visit with us we can arrange some time for you to visit the DAVINCI Spa as it too is highly recommended and will ensure that you leave here well relaxed.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Rooms Division Manager