DaVinci Hotel and Suites
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Sandton Sun(Sandton)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
All reviewsnelson mandela squareshopping mallglass doorlarge mallexcellent hoteldirect accessmodern hotelnespresso machinestar hotellate checkoutthe air conditioningturn down servicerooms are largebreakfast buffetsouth africapool deckmini bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We stayed for four nights at the Da Vinci. It's biggest plus is that it is attached to the Sandton Shopping Centre, the best mall in Jo'burg. Incidentally, Sandton is the safest locality in Johannesburg, a city noted for its petty crime.
The other plus is that their room service is prompt, and the Concierge was very helpful in organsing taxis, etc.
The minus side is that the hotel needs to be refurbished, nothing major just small R&M that a 5 star hotel must undertake on a timely basis.
We had a comfortable stay there, and I would recommend the Da Vinci to anyone looking for retail therapy in Johannesburg.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
RuiAntunes, Deputy General Manager at DaVinci Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Dear Mrityunja

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us however it would be great if you could send us more information regarding the refurbishment comment. We looking forward to welcoming you back to the DAVINCI Hotel and Suites in the near future. You can email us directly on davinci@legacyhotels.com

Reviewed 12 May 2014

I stayed in the DaVinci for one night on a business trip to Johannesburg. The location is perfection and the suite was really nice as well. I loved the large bathroom and large shower in particular. Breakfast is in a great restaurant downstairs and it really should have been a perfect stay. My only complaint is the service. There was a hiccup during my check-in and I thought the manager on duty, Chris, handled it very poorly. Its a shame, since the more junior employees really tried to be helpful. I'm really big on ambience and service. DaVinci wins on ambience, but on future trips I'll opt to stay in a place where I know I'll receive better treatment.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
RuiAntunes, Deputy General Manager at DaVinci Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear jaxfoster,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a TripAdvisor report for us. All feedback are valued as it assists us in improving any possible service shortcomings.

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience you experienced during check in. The Front Office Manager has investigated the matter and will be taking corrective action where necessary. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed the rest of your stay with us and we trust that you will give us the opportunity to exceed your service expectations in the near future.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Great service at this hotel. Left my passports in the hotel safe, and they helped get them to me at the airport. Have to say, though, found the decor a bit odd, and the gym and breakfast and rooms just ok, nothing spectacular. The location in the mall can't be beat!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank J G
RuiAntunes, Deputy General Manager at DaVinci Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear J G,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a report for us on TripAdvisor. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

The experience I had there was beyond my expectations. I was booked for 7 nights on different days as I was working in different African cities but connecting my flights from Johannesburg I made Davinci my base in Africa. The people at the reception and the restaurant were very welcoming. the rooms are very elegantly decorated and have a very modern look and on my last day I wanted to check out late to catch a night flight back to the UK. I spoke to the duty manager who allowed me to stay until 13:00hrs which was something I did not expect, I could not thank him enough. He was so nice and professional. The staff were ever so nice always ready to help especially Mase & Bongani they are asset for the hotel. I will definitely stay there again and I would recommend it to anyone. And not to forget they have free Wi fi and their network coverage is excellent.

Room Tip: This is a new Hotel and its in the middle of the Mandela Square
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Nkosinathi Z
RuiAntunes, Deputy General Manager at DaVinci Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear Nkosinathi Z,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a report for us on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and would like to thank you for all your wonderful comments regarding the staff. I will ensure that the staff see your comments especially Mase and Bongani.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Our group of twelve stayed one night prior to leaving on a safari, and another afterwards just before heading home to Australia. The staff were most helpful, particularly our concierge who had to store our golf clubs as well as extra luggage. If the black/white decor is your theme you will love it. Our rooms were well appointed and the beds most comfortable. I had room service one evening and the meal was delicious. Location is a huge plus being in Mandela Square, with a good choice of bars and restaurants. And as for the shopping....not quite enough time to do it all justice. A lovely end to our African sojourn.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
RuiAntunes, Deputy General Manager at DaVinci Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear maureen c,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a wonderful report for us on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that it was a memorable ending to your African experience.