We stayed at this hotel on three separate occasions for a total of four nights whilst visiting Southern Africa. The rooms varied in size but all were satisfactory for what we wanted which was to recuperate,repack our luggage,and prepare for the next phase of our holiday.The room on 6th Floor facing the pool deck was the smallest and open to passers by.The hotel is ideal for this purpose being about 35 mins to OT airport depending on traffic and in the same complex as an extensive shopping and restaurant complex.
Sandton is the new CBD of Johannesburg and is ideal for short stays when all you want is a meal and rest. Johannesburg is not exactly the place where a tourist uses the local bus system to explore the city and Sandton has all life's necessities.Certainly get out and see the city such as a Soweto tour and visit many interesting places best with a local guide who can show you all the interesting places.
The hotel entrance is on a different level to reception and other than a lobby bar there is little else at that level.Breakfast which is excellent is served in a restaurant on the level between the entrance and reception.
Reception was friendly and helpful,wifi was good and housekeeping was as good as you would want. TV was in a good place and good range of stations . Bathroom was good with secret shower and toilet with a bath placed at the edge of the bedroom. It always puzzles us as to why hotels insist on a bath as well as a shower but in the bedroom?
The only reason for vg rather than excellent was twofold
- porters and concierge were a bit too in your face with greetings,how was your day and multiple
bag handlings,all of which we figured is policy plus a desire for tips
- after 9.00 the lobby bar seemed to have a number of young single attractive women with
presumable intent,not that it bothered us but not a good look
- mini bar which we discovered was complimentary had a limited range and no alcohol which we
would have been happy to pay for.
Good restaurants in Nelson Mandela Square particularly the Thai one but give The Butcher a miss- too self important and pretentious for what is just a mass produced product
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DAVINCI Hotel and Suites - A Contemporary Masterpiece. Legacy’s latest luxury hotel and all suites development is located adjacent to the prime location of Nelson Mandela Square. This is Legacy’s fourth hotel on the cosmopolitan square in the heart of the Sandton business and leisure district. One could speak of the opulence of the rooms, the restaurant and lounge, pioneering fitness centre and health spa but we suggest you come and see for yourself. Guests can enjoy the convenience of luxurious shopping at the Legacy Corner Mall and Sandton City just an elevator trip away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your DaVinci Hotel and Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Davinci Hotel Sandton
- DaVinci Hotel And Suites Sandton, Greater Johannesburg, South Africa