“Excellent service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 49 Hotels in Sandton
Lagos State, Nigeria
“Excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

My wife and I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights.
The hotel staffs were just too wonderful. To cap it all, on my 3rd night, I forgot to secure the safe vault knowing well that there would have been room services exercise before my wife and I return back to the hotel. I came back, met a well cleaned room with the vault wide opened but not a dime nor my valuables were missing.
I will always come back to this hotel.
Bosun

Room Tip: We lodged in a standard double room and it was okay for a couple but a family.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Olatunike
RuiAntunes, at DaVinci Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Olantunike,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with and we look forward to welcoming you back to the DAVINCI in the near future.

Kind regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Turkish first
Copenhagen
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed at DAVINCI 4 years ago when it opened and went back. The hotel is still a great option in Sandton - nicely laid out rooms, great friendly staff, good solid breakfast and a manager who cares. The housekeeping is inconsistent and there were daily surprises - toilet brush left in the pot one day, body lotion instead of shower gel in the bath, no bath mats and my clothes being left on the floor etc. the turn down service on the other hand was fantastic. The treadmills in the gym need either to be replaced or a good service - at least the one on the right. I would stay again but will also look at the Michaelangelo next time.

Stayed July 2014
RuiAntunes, at DaVinci Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear SoumiCPH,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a report for us on TripAdvisor.

Please accept my apologies for the service standard you received from our Housekeeping department. This is most definitely not the service standard that we pride ourselves on and the Executive Housekeeper has been made aware of your feedback. The necessary corrective action will be taken to ensure similar situations do not happen in future.

I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed the rest of your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back with smiles in the near future.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Every worker there was very attentive and helped us whenever they could. The hotel was very nice and had a good location attached to the mall areas. They brought us a pack n play for our baby to sleep in.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
RuiAntunes, at DaVinci Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear Kathleen518,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a wonderful report for us on TripAdvisor. We appreciate and value all feedback and it is wonderful to see that you had such a memorable stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the DAVINCI in the near future.

Swaziland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

Good hotel but definitely not the best of value. There are a couple five star hotels in the Sandton area and the competition definitely gives better value for money. I arrived with my wife in the evening (business trip). The valet service was excellent. The reception/check-in was slightly stressful as we had a confirmed and paid reservation through their agent yet the hotel was full - not sure where the problem was between the hotel or the agent (hotels.com). The duty manager however managed to put us in one of their apartments for the night which was a great service.
Both the apartments and the hotel room we stayed were on the higher floors yet the rooms are not very well protected from the street noise below. Having said that the rooms are clean and comfortable. The in-room dining is very limited, breakfast (in room) was served a bit late and this could be problematic if you are time sensitive. In addition there was no cutlery and the portions were meagre even for one person yet we indicated two. My greatest disappointment was the bar fridge which was completely empty with not even a bottle of water - this I found very odd for a high end hotel in Sandton. Overall it had the basic minimum for a five star hotel.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
RuiAntunes, Manager at DaVinci Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Emmanuel203552,

I thank you for taking the time to give us your detailed and valuable feedback.

I do apologize for the confusion on check in and am pleased to see that the problem was quickly sorted out with an upgrade to the apartments.

Regarding your further comments on the cutlery, room service timeliness and value of the breakfast received, I will be discussing this in further detail with the relevant heads of departments.

Our policy regarding the Minibar is it is stocked on arrival on request of the guest, but I will be sure to place notes on your profile to ensure it is stocked should you visit us again in the future. I will also ensure that notes are placed on your profile that you be allocated a room on the pool facing side of the Hotel, which is found to be a little more quiet.

I once again do apologize for the problems encountered and guarantee that by no means is this the standards we pride ourselves on. With feedback such as that given by yourself, it allows us to recognize areas that require some attention and this has been brought to Management’s attention.

We look forward to welcoming you back should you again visit the Sandton area in the future.

Luanda, Angola
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

Hotel is in an excellent location in the Sandton mall. Plenty of shopping and restaurants within a few feet of the hotel. I would consider it more trendy then luxurious but still very nice. The service was definitely one of the best parts. I contacted the hotel ahead of time to arrange for something special to celebrate my husbands birthday. I got a response within the same day and they arranged for wine, cheese plate, complementary chocolate covered strawberries, and romantic turndown service. Upon entering the room I was shocked at how nice it actually was, they really went above and beyond. I also visited the spa for several treatments and was also impressed. The staff are very well trained and friendly. Ivy, who did most of my treatments was excellent, and I was impressed with her skills and knowledge. One issue we did have was our transportation which was organized by the hotel did not show up at the airport. Although this was quite frustrating, the hotel fixed the problem quickly and didn't charge us. Overall I had a great stay and would definitely return to the DaVinci in the future.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear ShannonS1981,

I thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

I do apologize for the inconvenience regarding the transport, this was discussed in detail with our Transport provider.

Furthermore I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay, the Hotel, facilities and service. I thank you for the kind compliments and will be sure to pass them onto all staff and management.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Maldon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

Hotel easily accessible from the airport by Train or hotel arranged transport, hotel sits directly above the shopping mall which leads to Nelson Mandela square with many restaurants.
the hotels restaurants are also fault less.
Staff actively try to be helpful at all times. but be prepared for everyone to wish you a good day and ask if they can help.
Sitting by the pool for dinner of lunch makes it difficult to drag yourself away. There is also an excellent second restaurant which is also used as the breakfast room.
Stayed in a King room, décor is far from bland event though it is black and white throughout.
Attention to detail throughout, high end bath, walk in shower, Extremely comfortable bed and chairs in the room.
Wi-Fi is faultless and substantially faster that others in the area first 350Mb was free and sufficient for this business trip, would also stay for leisure if it was not so far away from home.

Room Tip: There has been some building work in the area over 2013 continuing through 2014 affecting many hotel...
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank ALGH2013
Dear ALGH2013,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a wonderful and elaborate report for us on TripAdvisor.

I am very glad to hear that you had such a wonderful stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back with smiles in the near future.

New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

I have visited this hotel once some while ago and am about to stay here again in 2 days.
I found it to be extremely convenient, elegantly built, very good cuisine and most importantly polite, courteous and helpful staff. Easy to reach, solid wifi access, great places to visit outside and luxurious breakfast spread.
While this will just be my second stay here, I have recommended Da Vinci to several colleagues and almost all of the employees from my company coming to Sandton, stay here only by choice. And I get the credit for recommending the place :)
PS: just 2 points...i just wish there were some smoking rooms, but thats a minor inconvenience considering all the other positives of this place. also, i wish the mini bar had at least some complimentary alcoholic beverages. i was told its only available for upgraded rooms.
Rekhank Pant - Wipro India.

Dear Rekhank,

It is always nice to hear that our guests enjoyed had a memorable stay with us. Thank you for your feedback regarding the mini bars in the rooms. Although we offer a few complimentary mini bar items in some of our upgraded rooms, these do not include any alcoholic beverages. Although we do not have any smoking rooms in the hotel, we will definitely try to give you a room with a balcony for your next stay.

Thank you very much for recommending us to your colleagues and we look forward to welcoming you back to the DAVINCI in the near future.