“Great boutique hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of DaVinci Hotel and Suites

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
DaVinci Hotel and Suites
Ranked #6 of 49 Hotels in Sandton
London, United Kingdom
“Great boutique hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2014

Visiting Johannesburg on business and this is a great hotel to stay at. The hotel is fantastic from the lobby staff consistently calling the lift as you approach through to the lovely quality of the rooms and the way that they're laid out making everything feel personalised, a real change from the standard corporate hotels. Better price than many of the other 5 start hotels in the area.

Slightly annoying that my car wasn't at the airport to meet me but it was dealt with well by one of their other drivers at the airport organising an alternate car and the manager being at the hotel entrance when I arrived to greet me and apologise. I'm a firm believer that mistakes will happen but it's how they're dealt with that matters.

Really enjoying my stay and will definitely visit the next time I'm here.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RuiAntunes, at DaVinci Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Dear non-vernacular,

Thank you very much for the time that you took to write a report for us on TripAdvisor.

Please accept my apologies again for the inconvenience you experienced with regards to your transfer from the airport. I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able give you a more personalized experience. We strive to not only offer the best possible service to our guests, but to also make them feel at home.

We look forward to welcoming you back with smiles when you visit us the next time you are in Johannesburg.

Kind regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Turkish first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2014

I regularly travel to Joburg on business and always stay in Sandton. Although this is actually my second favourite hotel in the area (The Gautrain hotel wins by virtue of it's proximity to the station) it is the one I usually stay at.

Whilst the decor is a little "out there" it has grown on me over time.

The breakfasts here are very good, but I have never eaten in their restaurant in the evening.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Mark A,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write the above TripAdvisor report for us.

I am very glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that our unique black and white décor has grown on you. We offer a complimentary transfer service to the Sandton Gautrain station and will gladly assist you with any arrangements for all future stays.

Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back with smiles in the near future.

Deputy General Manager
DAVINCI Hotel and Suites
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

The staff at the Da Vinci Hotel were all lovely - I did not have a bad experience. It just felt industrial; there was no personal touch. I felt completely safe and the turn-down service in the rooms was quite lovely. There is a lot of action in Nelson Mandela square and I would most-likely stay here again when I am in the area.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Stacy28970
Dear Stacy28970,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write the above TripAdvisor report. We place high value on all guest feedback as it assist is in improving and maintaining our service offering.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you felt completely safe with us. I would like to apologize for the fact that you experienced no personal touch during your stay. We strive to make all guests feel at home and to offer them only the best possible service. Your comments regarding our turndown service is appreciated and the turndown staff will definitely be made aware of this.

Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back and making you feel at home.

Washington, DC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

The location in Nelson Mandela Square makes for high traffic. The entry into the hotel includes accessing two lobby areas. The continental breakfast was just ok. And the staff weren't consistently enthusiastic to assist. The rooms were modern but not well designed. The shower leaked water under the glass door. Stay for the location but don't expect consistent service. Check out nearby options for better value and service.

• Stayed August 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
RuiAntunes, at DaVinci Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Dear TravelerGuys2000,

I thank you for taking the time to give us feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

I do apologize for any inconvenience caused due to the inconsistencies you experienced, I guarantee that this is by no means our standard and I will be discussing this further with my management team with immediate effect, so that we may formulate corrective measures to ensure consistent standards in our offerings and services.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future, to truly experience the standards and delight of the DAVINCI Hotel and Suites.

Peachtree City, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

Stayed at the DaVinci Hotel in August 2014 and it was outstanding! Hotel common areas and guest rooms very sophisticated yet comfortable. Staff very professional and accommodating. Convient location for dining if you chose not to eat at their restaurant. Only complaint was room was very noisy due to unrelated hotel construction.

Room Tip: avoid the street side
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank sjr1087
RuiAntunes, Manager at DaVinci Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear sjr1087,

We thank you for the wonderful review written about your recent stay with us, I will be sure to share it with all staff and thank you for the kind compliments.

I do apologize for any disturbance regarding the construction, we understand that they are close to completion.

We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Assistant General Manager
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

I spent a few nights at the DaVinci on a recent business trip. I chose it for its location attached to the mall, for easy access to restaurants at night as I was travelling solo. It was a lovely space and very convenient. A tad tricky to find the first time. The shuttle service within 1Km around sandton was very helpful for meetings or catching the Gautrain. While its very walkable to Gautrain, the cars saved some time, particularly useful on the weekends when trains are infrequent. Nice restaurant, though a la carte breakfast option was a tad slow in the room. Wifi free but a little weak - Wifi in the restaurant would have been nice.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Rachel Z
RuiAntunes, at DaVinci Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear Rachel Z,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a wonderful report for us on TripAdvisor. We appreciate and value all feedback.
We offer wifi connectivity in the Maximillien restaurant and will gladly assist you to connect during your next stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back with smiles in the near future.

Deputy General Manager
DAVINCI Hotel and Suites
Lagos State, Nigeria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

My wife and I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights.
The hotel staffs were just too wonderful. To cap it all, on my 3rd night, I forgot to secure the safe vault knowing well that there would have been room services exercise before my wife and I return back to the hotel. I came back, met a well cleaned room with the vault wide opened but not a dime nor my valuables were missing.
I will always come back to this hotel.
Bosun

Room Tip: We lodged in a standard double room and it was okay for a couple but a family.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Olatunike
RuiAntunes, at DaVinci Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Olantunike,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with and we look forward to welcoming you back to the DAVINCI in the near future.