“Stay for business not pleasure”
Review of Park Inn Sandton

Ranked #27 of 47 Hotels in Sandton
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I think is a relatively new hotel so nothing was bad per say. My biggest problem was me not being able to have my blinds open owing to the building site across the road. The free wifi is terrible but once I upgraded to the the premium version it was fine. The rooms are a fair size given that the they are a bedroom come bathroom design but as this was a business trip it was fine. Clean and functional and the staff are quite helpful.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Parkinn118, General Manager at Park Inn Sandton, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear MissMac83,

Thank you for taking time to share your comments regarding your recent stay at the Park Inn Sandton Hotel. We are pleased to know that we were able to provide you with a level of comfort that was above your expectations.

I have commended all our staff member’s for making your stay with us very pleasant and for their ‘Yes I Can’ attitude, as we do our best to create a welcoming and relaxing atmosphere for all our guests.

We are sorry to hear of your unsatisfactory experience due to the construction site next door. It is unfortunate when situations like this arise. We have taken every precaution to make the construction next door affect our guests as little as possible. I have met with the construction manager and he expects the work on the building next door to be completed shortly. The scaffolding facing the hotel has almost been complete removed. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused to you.

With regards to the WiFi signal that you had mentioned, we are aware of the current signal weakness and we are in the process of upgrading the system. We have contacted our service provider to assist us in developing a holistic solution to our WiFi woes. We are hopeful that this issue will be resolved shortly. We are glad to hear that the premium packaged internet solution offered at our hotel was utilized and that you enjoyed the service thereafter.

On behalf of our entire Hospitality Team here at the Park Inn Sandton, we would like to thank you for making us your "Home Away From Home" in Johannesburg, and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

My friend and I booked this hotel for 4people for 16days. 2 of us arrived from Durban as we where touring Durban the week before. (We both live I'm England) and my friend had not been yo South Africa for 30 years and so we where looking forward to this trip.

On arrival we were greeted by a young lady who seemed like she was being forced to work. She then kept insisting on how a company had paid for our hotel which I corrected her and told her we had in fact booked it with our own money and not a company we work with but for some reason she kept saying the company paid for us. I let that slide as I was tired and just wanted to go to the room have a bath and rest. Eventually we went up to our rooms. As we got to the rooms I was shocked to see that there was no fridge or water in the rooms I then asked reception to rxplsun this and in a rude voi e I was told that the company had not asked for a fridge in confusion I asked once more what company as the payments and bookongs where done through my friend and I bank cards. I then politely asked for 2fridges one for each room and I was told we would be charged for the fridges eben if they where empty which I found syrange. Eventually I managed to get the fridges but was told to buy my own water which I did. I travel a great deal so I was shocked by the rudeness of the reception stuff and the lack of customer service.

My friend stayed for only 3nights as he had to go back to London to work which left me with 2rooms so I invited my cousin from Durban to join me and a friend of mine. The night my male friend left I started recieving phone calls none stop in both the room I was in and in my cousins room. These calls ranged from asking us for sex if we wanted to go out for dinner or if we wanted company at one point we were asked if we wanted to do sonistor stuff that I can not repeat. These calls carried on all night back and firth between my room and my cousins room. I found this experience very frightening and when I went down to complain at reception the receptionist was a guy and he didn't seem too shocked about the complaint although he tried to say it must be an outside call which I found strange as noone knew our room numbers except for the stuff because I had asked to be no EF the previous day so stuff alone could know my two rooms numbers. The next day I went to complain to a different person a lady who introduced herself as the house keeping manager and with her was the head of security both were very polite. The lady promised to get back to me when she enquires but she didn't get back to me which left me very anoyed and feeling unsafe this incident took place on the Friday the 30th of June. Even when I Initially went to reception the night of the calls I could see the guys behind the bar and those at reception laughing and whispering ad iv they k ew something
On to the bar. I was also in shock to find our that the bar didn't have any bar snacks ie peanuts or crisps I was told to go and ask the chef if he can prepare some for me hahaha I'm laughing now but it was not funny then. House keeping had some very lovely cleaners but was disappointed the night before I left. I had been promised that my clothes will come back on time but only to find out that they had not been washed a lady offered to wash them and I thought that was nice of her I then asked her how much it was and she said we will talk when she brings the clothes my clothes were then washed and brought back and I gave this lady 300rands without looking to see if all my clothes were there as I was in bed and tited . to my shock aroung 8am I had s second knock at my door only to be handed a second plastic bag of dirty clothes that's when I realised I had paid 300 rands to was 3vests.a pair of shorts. 2jeans a dress and 1pair of jeans. I felt so disappointed as I had got along with the lady who had promised to wash my clothes from house cleaning.

Overall very bad customer service. As a female I didnt feel safe at all. The restuarant served the same food for the whole duration I was there lunch and dinner was the same menue and if you staying for a while like we did you can only eat the same food a couple of times not. I would never recommend this hotel to nobody.
There was so much building work going on next door and it was so noisy I could even lay in during the day And it would have been nice to be informed about the major building work on the website. Very rude stuff only one girl at reception went our if her way to help I can't remember get name but she had very thin braids and she said she lived down town Johannesburg. The porters outside were brilliant and very polite. The day time shuttle driver was very very rude even if you said afternoon to him he often blanked us and carried on talking on his phone or switched the radio station back and forth

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Parkinn118, General Manager at Park Inn Sandton, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Guest,

At the Park Inn Sandton Hotel we do pride ourselves on a ‘Yes I Can’ attitude, however it seems that the service you received is not acceptable. Let me assure you that this has been taken up with the various heads of department to review and to action corrective measures to ensure future guest satisfaction. In this light we apologize for the disappointing service you received from our staff. Our team works hard to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive our best service.

It is important to note that our Hotel is catering for the mid market traveller who desires a certain level of comfort that is synonymous with our establishment. As a mid market hotel, we do not stock our mini bar fridges with items. However items can be ordered from our bar on the ground floor and stored in the rooms mini bar. In addition our superior rooms come standard with empty mini bars and bottled water where as our standard rooms do not have these amenities. Guest who had booked standard rooms does have the option to upgrade their rooms to a superior room.

With regards to the telephone calls that you received, we take these allegations very seriously. We at the Park Inn Sandton do not allow such behavior in our hotel and do not allow calls from outside the hotel into the rooms unless the guests have mentioned to the front office staff that they are expecting a call to their room, even in a situation like that the resident will first be told that there is a call from this particular person and do you wish to speak with them. The front office staff will not allow a call to be sent to your room without your consent.

The RBG Bar always has popcorn on offer to our guest that are having a drink and unwinding at our bar. We also offer pub grub dishes such as various basket platters to our guests. In addition the snacks you have requested are also available on request.

We appreciate your reference to our menu for long staying guest. We do request that our long stay guests chat with our chef as he is happy to make a meal that is off the menu to avoid food boredom and this is just another way in which we try to make our guests stay with us as pleasant as possible.

With regards to your laundry, our hotel takes pride in our guests clothing and offer laundry and dry cleaning services that are done off site. All same day return items will need to be handed in to our housekeeping department no later than 09:00am. Any items received after 09:00am will only be returned the following afternoon. Express laundry service is available as an additional charge.

It is unfortunate when situations like this arise. We have taken every precaution to make the construction next door affect our guests as little as possible. The construction is almost complete and the scaffolding has almost been completely removed.

We thank you for your feedback and will use the information provided to conduct a full investigation on the issues that you mentioned. In addition all the staff of Park Inn Sandton Hotel has been notified of your complaint.

I most certainly hope we are able to welcome you back to let you experience the ‘Yes I Can’ Service, that you as our valued guest most certainly deserve.

Kind regards

Park Inn Sandton Hotel

Reviewed 15 June 2014

I spent 11 nights and it was very good. The staff was very friendly & helpful. Location is very good, close to Sandton City and all other business centers, Convenient shuttle from hotel to Sandton City and back, every hour on the hour. A budget place to stay.

1  Thank Amr_Alkady
Parkinn118, General Manager at Park Inn Sandton, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Amr_Alkady,

We appreciate your reference to complimentary shuttle service that available from the Park Inn Sandton Hotel to Sandton City Shopping Centre & Gautrain Station. We are glad that you utilized and enjoyed the service that you received.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

This was the fourth time that I had stayed at the Park Inn. As always the room was comfortable and the staff could not have been more helpful or friendly. On this visit everything worked perfectly. On a previous trip there had been a fault wih the lighting. However, no sooner had I mentioned it to reception than it was fixed.

Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels
Parkinn118, General Manager at Park Inn Sandton, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear John C,

We appreciate your reference to the speedy replacement of a burnt out light. Our entire maintenance team here at the Park Inn Sandton does their best to repair problem areas to our guests’ satisfaction.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

A new hotel in Sandton and a welcome addition to the hotels in the region. Great lobby and a great breakfast. Staff at the main desk are ok and pretty fast and also the hotel shuttle staff. It's a good way to get to Sandton Square. Two major problems with his hotel that need to be sorted out by its management. House keeping and the internet. The rooms are dirty, due to poor house keeping by the hotel. I stayed at the hotel for 5 nights and the rooms carpet was never vacuumed. The toilet was dirty and towels very not clean. You had to complain to the desk staff to ask someone to clean the rooms. On house keeping all the staff and managers need to back for training. It's a pity!! The other issue is the internet, if your room is far from the lobby area you will not get internet in the room. Also the speeds in the lobby for the internet are very slow. They need to change their internet provider as the speeds are pity full. Besides those two aspects the hotel is good but hope higher management saves the hotel from a downfall.

Room Tip: Get rooms close to the lobby area or your internet will not work in the room.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Nairobi_KenyaAspi,

Thank you for bringing these service delivery failures to my attention. I have addressed these issues with Housekeeping and we will be implementing a spot check on rooms to make sure that the rooms are thoroughly cleaned and the basic amenities available.

I appreciate that you have brought to my attention the slow WiFi service that you experienced. The poor WiFi signal will be soon rectified as we are in the process of upgrading our internet line and fine tuning the routers for better WiFi reception around the hotel. We apologize for any inconvenience that this could have caused.

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Park Inn Sandton we apologize for the concerns you have about your experience at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit, we can meet or exceed your expectations.

I most certainly hope we are able to welcome you back to let you experience the ‘Yes I Can’ Service you as our valued guests most certainly deserve.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Located on a prime location with a good view from the view :) Had a superclass experience staying here. Came to Johannesburg for 1 week business trip ! Excellent service by Park Inn people !

The free shuttle service provided by the hotel to the Nelson Mandela Square mall was indeed helpy .Buffet was excellent .Room was cosy and clean .

Cons: No free plates provided by the hotel in room.It was chargable.

Room Tip: My room was 403 . My experience was good.. Had a good view to the road side. But however it was too...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Parkinn118, General Manager at Park Inn Sandton, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear Vishnu_Ullattil,

Thank you for taking time to share your positive comments regarding your recent stay at the Park Inn Sandton Hotel. We are pleased to know that our services were satisfying for you.

I have commended all our staff member’s for making your stay with us very pleasant and for their ‘Yes I Can’ attitude, as we all do our best to create a welcoming and relaxing atmosphere for all our guests.

We appreciate your reference to complimentary shuttle service that is available from the Park Inn Sandton Hotel to Sandton City Shopping Centre & Gautrain Station. We are glad that you enjoyed the service that you received.

We appreciate your reference to our buffet breakfast / dinner. Our entire team here at the Park Inn Sandton does their best to get our guests food requirements perfect with a variety of meals, displayed in an appetizing manner.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Excellent hotel centrally located in Sandton, Johannenburg, close to Sandton City and all other tourist attractions. Business or pleasure. Convenient shuttle from hotel to Sandton City amd back, every hour on the hour. Conference facility for business meetings. Secure parking and easy and safe access to hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels
1  Thank nic0laasg

Dear nic0laasg,

We appreciate your reference to complimentary shuttle service that is available from the Park Inn Sandton Hotel to Sandton City Shopping Centre & Gautrain Station. We are glad that you utilized and enjoyed the service that you received.

We also appreciate your reference to our location, our Meetings and Events rooms as well as the safe and secure environment of our hotel.