First, we generally like Park Inns and loved our stay there in Cape Town. We had exceptional help at this hotel in Sandton with booking several tours over a three night and four day experience in Joberg. Jackie in particular was especially helpful. The front desk agents also provide concierge services. We booked three day trips with their assistance. Yes, we had pre-arranged transportation from the airport that did not meet us originally as scheduled, but people at the airport helped us rectify this with the hotel. Yes, the view was less than good of the construction happening next door. Yes, the shower and safe required fixing (that consumed about an hour of my time one morning). Yes, we needed more light in the room and they brought an additional lamp. We had an excellent server at two meals--I believe her name was Cindy. The dinner options could be a bit more extensive for guests staying longer, but there were some excellent choices nearby that were accessible by the excellent shuttle service around
Sandton. A cab from the airport is about $50. The high speed rail has a stop at a very upscale mall where the hotel shuttle picks up at least once per hour. Traffic between the hotel and airport can be very slow in late afternoon. After we got a few initial kinks fixed, it went well. I think we got one of those rooms they might not use a lot because there was a wedding taking place as well as a small conference of some sort. The bed was comfortable. Sandton is generally one of the safer neighborhoods. The Nelson Mandela square at the mall is something to see in a very upscale environment. The problems were mostly gaps in management that have not happened for us at another Park Inn. A lamp with a bad light, a safe with dead batteries, a nonfunctional shower would all be caught by a systematic process of checking the rooms daily. Still we left on good terms by the end of our stay due to some diligent front desk staff. It should probably be a 3 1/2 star experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Park Inn Sandton Hotel is enviably situated in the heart of Sandton. The Park Inn boasts 273 beautiful modern rooms as well as our Signature outlet RBG Bar & Grill. The Hotel is easily accessible to all major tourist attractions and heritage sites as well as 1.5Km from the premier Sandton City Shopping mall and Nelson Mandela Square. A free shuttle service is available to Nelson Mandela square. After a long day of meetings or sightseeing the hotel's outdoor swimming pool is the perfect place to relax and unwind. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Rezidor, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Park Inn Sandton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Inn Sandton Hotel Sandton
- Park Inn Sandton Greater Johannesburg, South Africa