“Business stay”

Ranked #27 of 47 Hotels in Sandton
Uitenhage, South Africa
“Business stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Stay there every month, it is conveniently located to our offices, have a reliable shuttle service to main shopping centre. The breakfast is great. Dinner very good, but drinks are way overpriced. Rooms are always clean and well appointed. Staff is friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels

Parkinn118, General Manager at Park Inn Sandton, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Francoismr O,

Thank you for taking time to share your comments regarding your recent stay at the Park Inn Sandton Hotel. We are pleased to know that we were able to provide you with a level of comfort that was above your expectations.

I have commended all our staff member’s for making your stay with us very pleasant and for their ‘Yes I Can’ attitude, as we do our best to create a welcoming and relaxing atmosphere for all our guests.

We appreciate hearing that you found our hotel conveniently located and close to the areas that you were visiting.

We also appreciated your reference to our buffet breakfast and dinner. From our entire Hospitality Team here at the Park Inn Sandton Hotel we are extremely pleased that you had enjoyed your meals at our RBG Bar and Grill Restaurant, as the team works hard in getting our guest’s nutritional needs and the variety of meals available just right.

With regards to your reference to the cleanliness of your room . Our entire housekeeping team here at the Park Inn Sandton does their best to prepare our rooms to our guests’ satisfaction.

On behalf of our entire Hospitality Team here at the Park Inn Sandton, we would like to thank you for making us your "Home Away From Home" in Johannesburg, and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back.

Park Inn Sandton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Sycamore, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

First, we generally like Park Inns and loved our stay there in Cape Town. We had exceptional help at this hotel in Sandton with booking several tours over a three night and four day experience in Joberg. Jackie in particular was especially helpful. The front desk agents also provide concierge services. We booked three day trips with their assistance. Yes, we had pre-arranged transportation from the airport that did not meet us originally as scheduled, but people at the airport helped us rectify this with the hotel. Yes, the view was less than good of the construction happening next door. Yes, the shower and safe required fixing (that consumed about an hour of my time one morning). Yes, we needed more light in the room and they brought an additional lamp. We had an excellent server at two meals--I believe her name was Cindy. The dinner options could be a bit more extensive for guests staying longer, but there were some excellent choices nearby that were accessible by the excellent shuttle service around
Sandton. A cab from the airport is about $50. The high speed rail has a stop at a very upscale mall where the hotel shuttle picks up at least once per hour. Traffic between the hotel and airport can be very slow in late afternoon. After we got a few initial kinks fixed, it went well. I think we got one of those rooms they might not use a lot because there was a wedding taking place as well as a small conference of some sort. The bed was comfortable. Sandton is generally one of the safer neighborhoods. The Nelson Mandela square at the mall is something to see in a very upscale environment. The problems were mostly gaps in management that have not happened for us at another Park Inn. A lamp with a bad light, a safe with dead batteries, a nonfunctional shower would all be caught by a systematic process of checking the rooms daily. Still we left on good terms by the end of our stay due to some diligent front desk staff. It should probably be a 3 1/2 star experience.

Room Tip: Try to stay on a higher floor not facing the construction.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mamiya7
Dear Mamiya7,

It is with great disappointment that I read about your review regarding your stay with us at the Park Inn Hotel Sandton.

At the Park Inn by Radisson Sandton we do pride ourselves of a ‘Yes I Can’ attitude, however it seems that the hotel facilities has let you down.

I would like to inform you that all the relevant heads of department have been informed about your complaint and have taken the issues in a very serious light.

It is unacceptable that airport arrangements made with the Park Inn Sandton hotel are not kept. I have spoken to the shuttle company and they have assured us that their schedules will be checked with our front office staff daily and synchronized so that none of our guests are stood up at the airport. We apologize for any inconvenience that this could have caused to you.

The issues that you mentioned regarding the room that was allocated to you, we have systems in place to check rooms before guest arrive to ensure that everything is in working order and ready for occupancy. The issues you faced with your room is not the high quality of standard we like to portray at the Park Inn Sandton hotel and more stringent measure will be put into place to ensure that these rooms are checked and booked out of the system for maintenance purposes should the need be.

We appreciate your feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next guest visit, we can meet or exceed their expectations.

In light of your above issues we have commended Jackie and Cindy for demonstrating their ‘Yes I Can’ attitude as we all do our best to create a warm and welcoming environment for all our guests.

I most certainly hope we are able to welcome you back to let you experience the ‘Yes I Can’ Service you as our valued guests most certainly deserve.

Kind Regards,

Cape Town Central, South Africa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Comfortable stay.rooms are clean and compact.
Breakfast very overpriced not justified really. Young receptionist probaly the most unhelpful ive come across really didn't want to go the extra mile and doing anything for guests was beneath her.
Overall nice stay overpriced food and one very rude unhelpful young lady.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank capewena
Parkinn118, General Manager at Park Inn Sandton, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Capewena,

It is with great disappointment that I read about your recent experience regarding your stay with us at the Park Inn Sandton Hotel.

At the Park Inn by Radisson Sandton we do pride ourselves on a ‘Yes I Can’ attitude, however it seems that the service you received is not acceptable. Let me assure you that this has been taken up with the various heads of department to review and to action corrective measures to ensure future guest satisfaction. In this light we apologize for the disappointing service you received from our staff. Our team works hard to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive our best service.

With regards to the breakfast, we do offer a complimentary breakfast to our guests who have booked a Superior room at our hotel. We sorry that you felt the buffet to be a bit expensive, we have done all we can to keep the price per head as low as possible in relation to the cost of raw materials.

Capewena, we apologies for the poor experience you encountered with our hotel. We do our best to accommodate every guest in a way that will exceed their expected levels of comfort. Having said that, we take in and digest every comment left by our guest and use the information provided to improve our guests experience in a positive way.

I most certainly hope we are able to welcome you back at the Park Inn sandton hotel when your travels bring you back to the area.

Kind Regards,

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

I think is a relatively new hotel so nothing was bad per say. My biggest problem was me not being able to have my blinds open owing to the building site across the road. The free wifi is terrible but once I upgraded to the the premium version it was fine. The rooms are a fair size given that the they are a bedroom come bathroom design but as this was a business trip it was fine. Clean and functional and the staff are quite helpful.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear MissMac83,

We are sorry to hear of your unsatisfactory experience due to the construction site next door. It is unfortunate when situations like this arise. We have taken every precaution to make the construction next door affect our guests as little as possible. I have met with the construction manager and he expects the work on the building next door to be completed shortly. The scaffolding facing the hotel has almost been complete removed. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused to you.

With regards to the WiFi signal that you had mentioned, we are aware of the current signal weakness and we are in the process of upgrading the system. We have contacted our service provider to assist us in developing a holistic solution to our WiFi woes. We are hopeful that this issue will be resolved shortly. We are glad to hear that the premium packaged internet solution offered at our hotel was utilized and that you enjoyed the service thereafter.

A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

My friend and I booked this hotel for 4people for 16days. 2 of us arrived from Durban as we where touring Durban the week before. (We both live I'm England) and my friend had not been yo South Africa for 30 years and so we where looking forward to this trip.

On arrival we were greeted by a young lady who seemed like she was being forced to work. She then kept insisting on how a company had paid for our hotel which I corrected her and told her we had in fact booked it with our own money and not a company we work with but for some reason she kept saying the company paid for us. I let that slide as I was tired and just wanted to go to the room have a bath and rest. Eventually we went up to our rooms. As we got to the rooms I was shocked to see that there was no fridge or water in the rooms I then asked reception to rxplsun this and in a rude voi e I was told that the company had not asked for a fridge in confusion I asked once more what company as the payments and bookongs where done through my friend and I bank cards. I then politely asked for 2fridges one for each room and I was told we would be charged for the fridges eben if they where empty which I found syrange. Eventually I managed to get the fridges but was told to buy my own water which I did. I travel a great deal so I was shocked by the rudeness of the reception stuff and the lack of customer service.

My friend stayed for only 3nights as he had to go back to London to work which left me with 2rooms so I invited my cousin from Durban to join me and a friend of mine. The night my male friend left I started recieving phone calls none stop in both the room I was in and in my cousins room. These calls ranged from asking us for sex if we wanted to go out for dinner or if we wanted company at one point we were asked if we wanted to do sonistor stuff that I can not repeat. These calls carried on all night back and firth between my room and my cousins room. I found this experience very frightening and when I went down to complain at reception the receptionist was a guy and he didn't seem too shocked about the complaint although he tried to say it must be an outside call which I found strange as noone knew our room numbers except for the stuff because I had asked to be no EF the previous day so stuff alone could know my two rooms numbers. The next day I went to complain to a different person a lady who introduced herself as the house keeping manager and with her was the head of security both were very polite. The lady promised to get back to me when she enquires but she didn't get back to me which left me very anoyed and feeling unsafe this incident took place on the Friday the 30th of June. Even when I Initially went to reception the night of the calls I could see the guys behind the bar and those at reception laughing and whispering ad iv they k ew something
On to the bar. I was also in shock to find our that the bar didn't have any bar snacks ie peanuts or crisps I was told to go and ask the chef if he can prepare some for me hahaha I'm laughing now but it was not funny then. House keeping had some very lovely cleaners but was disappointed the night before I left. I had been promised that my clothes will come back on time but only to find out that they had not been washed a lady offered to wash them and I thought that was nice of her I then asked her how much it was and she said we will talk when she brings the clothes my clothes were then washed and brought back and I gave this lady 300rands without looking to see if all my clothes were there as I was in bed and tited . to my shock aroung 8am I had s second knock at my door only to be handed a second plastic bag of dirty clothes that's when I realised I had paid 300 rands to was 3vests.a pair of shorts. 2jeans a dress and 1pair of jeans. I felt so disappointed as I had got along with the lady who had promised to wash my clothes from house cleaning.

Overall very bad customer service. As a female I didnt feel safe at all. The restuarant served the same food for the whole duration I was there lunch and dinner was the same menue and if you staying for a while like we did you can only eat the same food a couple of times not. I would never recommend this hotel to nobody.
There was so much building work going on next door and it was so noisy I could even lay in during the day And it would have been nice to be informed about the major building work on the website. Very rude stuff only one girl at reception went our if her way to help I can't remember get name but she had very thin braids and she said she lived down town Johannesburg. The porters outside were brilliant and very polite. The day time shuttle driver was very very rude even if you said afternoon to him he often blanked us and carried on talking on his phone or switched the radio station back and forth

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Parkinn118, General Manager at Park Inn Sandton, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Guest,

At the Park Inn Sandton Hotel we do pride ourselves on a ‘Yes I Can’ attitude, however it seems that the service you received is not acceptable. Let me assure you that this has been taken up with the various heads of department to review and to action corrective measures to ensure future guest satisfaction. In this light we apologize for the disappointing service you received from our staff. Our team works hard to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive our best service.

It is important to note that our Hotel is catering for the mid market traveller who desires a certain level of comfort that is synonymous with our establishment. As a mid market hotel, we do not stock our mini bar fridges with items. However items can be ordered from our bar on the ground floor and stored in the rooms mini bar. In addition our superior rooms come standard with empty mini bars and bottled water where as our standard rooms do not have these amenities. Guest who had booked standard rooms does have the option to upgrade their rooms to a superior room.

With regards to the telephone calls that you received, we take these allegations very seriously. We at the Park Inn Sandton do not allow such behavior in our hotel and do not allow calls from outside the hotel into the rooms unless the guests have mentioned to the front office staff that they are expecting a call to their room, even in a situation like that the resident will first be told that there is a call from this particular person and do you wish to speak with them. The front office staff will not allow a call to be sent to your room without your consent.

The RBG Bar always has popcorn on offer to our guest that are having a drink and unwinding at our bar. We also offer pub grub dishes such as various basket platters to our guests. In addition the snacks you have requested are also available on request.

We appreciate your reference to our menu for long staying guest. We do request that our long stay guests chat with our chef as he is happy to make a meal that is off the menu to avoid food boredom and this is just another way in which we try to make our guests stay with us as pleasant as possible.

With regards to your laundry, our hotel takes pride in our guests clothing and offer laundry and dry cleaning services that are done off site. All same day return items will need to be handed in to our housekeeping department no later than 09:00am. Any items received after 09:00am will only be returned the following afternoon. Express laundry service is available as an additional charge.

It is unfortunate when situations like this arise. We have taken every precaution to make the construction next door affect our guests as little as possible. The construction is almost complete and the scaffolding has almost been completely removed.

We thank you for your feedback and will use the information provided to conduct a full investigation on the issues that you mentioned. In addition all the staff of Park Inn Sandton Hotel has been notified of your complaint.

I most certainly hope we are able to welcome you back to let you experience the ‘Yes I Can’ Service, that you as our valued guest most certainly deserve.

Kind regards

Park Inn Sandton Hotel

Travellers are raving about these Sandton hotels

Cairo, Egypt
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

I spent 11 nights and it was very good. The staff was very friendly & helpful. Location is very good, close to Sandton City and all other business centers, Convenient shuttle from hotel to Sandton City and back, every hour on the hour. A budget place to stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Amr_Alkady
Parkinn118, General Manager at Park Inn Sandton, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Amr_Alkady,

We appreciate your reference to complimentary shuttle service that available from the Park Inn Sandton Hotel to Sandton City Shopping Centre & Gautrain Station. We are glad that you utilized and enjoyed the service that you received.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

This was the fourth time that I had stayed at the Park Inn. As always the room was comfortable and the staff could not have been more helpful or friendly. On this visit everything worked perfectly. On a previous trip there had been a fault wih the lighting. However, no sooner had I mentioned it to reception than it was fixed.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels

Parkinn118, General Manager at Park Inn Sandton, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear John C,

We appreciate your reference to the speedy replacement of a burnt out light. Our entire maintenance team here at the Park Inn Sandton does their best to repair problem areas to our guests’ satisfaction.