“New Year 2013” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of No. 5 on Franschoek

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sandton
No. 5 on Franschoek
Ranked #16 of 73 Sandton B&B and Inns
A TripAdvisor Member
“New Year 2013”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2013

This was my fifth stay at No5 and as always the service and quality were second to none. There is always a friendly welcome, the rooms are always immaculate and the staff are friendly and helpful. Its just like going home, Nicki runs a great establishment and i wouldnt hesitate recommending No5 to anyone, it must be one of the best kept secrets in Johannesburg.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Nicki07SouthAfrica, Owner at No. 5 on Franschoek, responded to this review, 4 May 2013
Many thanks for taking the time to review us we really do appreciate all feedback. We really enjoy welcoming people to our B& B and we are really please that are rooms are immaculate - very encouraging for us indeed.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2010

No 5 on Franschoek is a welcoming sanctuary in the city of Johannesburg. Nicki, Nigel & Judith make you feel comfortably at home as soon as you arrive. Our room was spacious and bright, with a huge bed, TV with DSTV, microwave & fridge. The bathroom was gorgeous with 2 sinks, a fantastic shower and huge, lovely bath. What makes this place so special is the warmth of the people, who all went above and beyond helping my husband and I do what we needed to do. Breakfast was freshly made, always delicious and very generous. I would recommend No 5 on Franschoek for anyone visiting Jo'burg, and I think it compares very well to other guest houses in the area regarding value for money.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank ZigZag09
Aarhus, Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2010

During the last 6 months I have stayed in Sandton/Paulshof accommodation at “No 5 on Franschoek” tree times, in total 5/6 weeks.

The “house” fully provides what I need when I am staying away from my home: It’s perfectly clean, safe and flexible meaning it’s possible quickly to change the duration of the stay. On top of that there is a very good balance between privacy and interaction with the owners.

Next time when I will go to the Jo’burg area I am not in doubt where to stay !

Best regards,
Heine Alsaker

1 Thank HeineAlsaker
Durban, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2010

One of my favorite B & Bs! The rooms are tastefully decorated with beautiful en-suite bathrooms. The mini bar is well stocked, with fresh milk!, making that well deserved cup of coffee at the end of the day absolutely perfect!

The personalised service is always fantastic and nothing is too much trouble. From pulling out the map book for a comprehensive set of directions to making a plan to accommodate you in at the very last minute, everything is done with a smile.

The central location makes this the perfect place for the business traveller - easy access to the business hub of Gauteng, yet set in a tranquil suburb allowing you to put your day behind you after your last meeting.

You'll love your stay here :)

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Raedene
Ballito,KwaZulu Natal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2010

I honestly felt like it was 'home away from home'. I slept so well that when I woke in the morning I actually forgot where I was.The decor in the rooms is so beautiful, I have already begun my search to make an exact replica at my home in KZN.

Everything, from the friendly staff, to the comfortable rooms (equipped with absolutely EVERTHING! I might add) was what made my stay so welcoming. The breakfast was also superb! I've stayed in many B&B's and never before have I being waited on 'hand and foot' by the staff as I was here.

What an awesome experience!

1 Thank Charl50
Durban
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2010

After a hard day, the warm and friendly greeting is most welcome. Lovely room with great linen. I slept really well, and had an amazing shower. Breakfast – recommend the omelet.

1 Thank ViaggiatoreIntrepido
Nicki C, Owner at No. 5 on Franschoek, responded to this review, 23 September 2015
Thank you so much for taking the time to send in a review. We really do appreciate all input. We are so glad you enjoyed the omelette - this is definitely one of guests favourites.