Radisson Blu Gautrain Hotel
Great 4.5/5
  • Breakfast included
Great 4.5/5
1,282 results
All reviewsnelson mandela squarethird floora business class roomsandton citytrain stationbusiness hotelbusiness tripnespresso machinetambo airportroom servicepool deckmodern hotelconvenient locationlate checkhotel restaurantshuttle servicecomfortable rooms
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Hotel well located, just opposite the Gautrain (modern tube train). The rooms were very nice with a good functioning bathroom (excellent shower). There is a gym on the 10th floor with weights, three treadmills, several step machines and exercise bikes - it is open 24 hours which was great. I tried the room service three times and the food was excellent - I waited only some 20 minutes for most orders. Staff were friendly and helpful. Only hitch was that my colleague and myself had asked for our rooms earlier (and paid for an extra night) - and the hotel was not aware of this even if it was written on our reservation confirmation. My colleague had to wait sometime for her room - mine was ready as I arrived after my colleague (who had alerted them I was coming early..)

Room Tip: If you want an early room, check and double-check with hotel!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank GON_11
Radisson Blu Ga... M, General Manager at Radisson Blu Gautrain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear GON_11,

Thank you very much for the great 4 star review on Trip Advisor, it is really great to hear that you had an excellent stay with us and that your expectations about our hotel were met.

We are really pleased that you found the location of the hotel excellent, being one of the best in Sandton with easy access to the Gautrain and all the major shopping centres. We strive on 100% satisfaction and we are happy that we exceeded your expectations during your stay.

We apologise for the inconvenience caused upon check-in. This will be brought up with the head of department to be investigated so that this does not happen again in the future.

Our Executive Chef Stuart Cason will be very pleased to hear that you had a great dining experience, I will be sure to pass your message of compliments to him and the entire restaurant team. On your return I recommend coming for dinner. The Central One Restaurant offers a uniquely refined selection of cuisine using the freshest ingredients which results in a memorable dining experience.

Thank you very much for staying with us and we really look forward to welcoming you back to the Radisson Blu Gautrain Hotel in the very near future.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Congratulation for all and i recomend to my friends because the localizationis very good. The front atendents are friendlys patients. I am very proud in recomended. Congratulation for all and i recomend to my friends because the localizationis very good. The front atendents are friendlys patients. I am very proud in recomended.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Laurindo L,

Thank you very much for the excellent review on Trip Advisor, it is really great to hear that you had an excellent stay with us and that your expectations about our hotel were met.

We are really pleased that you found the location of the hotel excellent and delighted that you would recommend us; being one of the best in Sandton with easy access to the Gautrain and all the major shopping centres.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

I'd gladly recommend Gautrain Radisson to anyone due to it's proximity to both Gautrain and Nelson Mandela Square,it's so convenient. The hotel service was marvelous, the internet was quite fast and the rooms were neat. I also liked the idea of free shuttles between the hotel and Nelson Mandela Square, with the buses coming every 15 minutes. Me and my girlfriend enjoyed our stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Kevin M,

Thank you very much for making the Radisson Blu Gautrain Hotel your home away from home on your recent visit to Johannesburg and also for taking the time to tell us about your experience here on Trip Advisor.

We are really pleased that you found the location of the hotel excellent, being the most centrally located hotel in Sandton does provide certain perks and we are happy that you took advantage of our free shuttle to explore the surrounding Sandton area.

We are delighted that you would recommend us to friends and family. We strive on 100% satisfaction and we are happy that we exceeded your expectations during your stay - I will make sure to pass your message of compliments onto the entire team here at the Radisson Blu Gautrain Hotel.

Once again, thank you very much for staying with us and we really look forward to welcoming you back to the Radisson Blu Gautrain Hotel in the very near future.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

The hotel staff were helpful at check-in. The garage parking situation is a bit complicated as you have to give in your parking ticket and get a new one each time you want to go out in your car.
The hotel is central with most of your shopping needs met nearby. The rooms are clean and large enough. Our bedroom had both a shower and a bath - the shower design was very clever and large enough for 2 people to shower at the same time. Most guests seemed to be single businessmen or couples using the hotel as an overnight stop on vacation. The bar service was a little slow and when we wanted to go to our room we couldn't find any staff to ring up our bill. The beds are excellent quality and a good nights sleep is assured. Allow enough time for checkout as this can be very long winded. I would recommend this hotel as a good, clean overnight stop.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Radisson Blu Ga... M, General Manager at Radisson Blu Gautrain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Dear Travelisourhobby,

Thank you very much for the great 4 star review on Trip Advisor, it is really positive to hear that you had an excellent stay with us and that your expectations about our hotel were met.

The Radisson Blu Gautrain Hotel takes pride in the comfortable elegance we have to offer our guests from our rooms to our slick and stylish Central One Bar & Restaurant. I will make sure to pass your message of compliments to the entire Radisson Blu Gautrain Hotel team.

I have noted your concerns with regards to the bar service being on the slow side, I will let our restaurant manager know so that training can be put into place to increase service speed.

We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued and will be used to consider improvements in the future. We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

The Radisson Blu in Sandton was a very comfortable and pleasant hotel. The hotel is in a great location and very close to Sandton City, shops and other facilities. Staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
Radisson Blu Ga... M, General Manager at Radisson Blu Gautrain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear LiquidAdvisor,

Thank you very much for the excellent 5 star review on Trip Advisor, it is really great to hear that you had an excellent stay with us and that your expectations about our hotel were met.

We are really pleased that you found the location of the hotel excellent, being the most centrally located hotel in Sandton does provide certain perks and we recommend that you take advantage of our free shuttle to explore the surrounding Sandton area on your next trip.