“Great location in the center”

Radisson Blu Gautrain Hotel
Ranked #10 of 48 Hotels in Sandton
Moscow, Russia
“Great location in the center”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

When I was flying to Jo'burg I was really sceptic about the great location of the hotel - just in front of the Gautrain station. But it was right - all the way from the airport to the hotel took around 20 min. The overall venue is of the high Radisson standards. Recommended for business travelers.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Radisson Blu Ga... M, General Manager at Radisson Blu Gautrain Hotel, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Dear Alexei M,

Thank you very much for the great 4 star review on Trip Advisor, it is really great to hear that you had an excellent stay with us and that your expectations about our hotel were met.

We are really pleased that you found the location of the hotel excellent, being one of the best in Sandton with easy access to the Gautrain and all the major shopping centres. We strive on 100% satisfaction and we are happy that we exceeded your expectations during your stay.

We are delighted you would recommend our hotel and will be sure to pass your message of compliments on to the rest of the team at the Radisson Blu Gautrain Hotel.

Thank you very much for staying with us and we really look forward to welcoming you back to the Radisson Blu Gautrain Hotel in the very near future.

Mark Wernich

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
  • Arabic first
Sandton (Gautrain), South Africa
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Rooms were great (clean and spacious). Service and equipment were poor (Some of the staff's English were poor, reception were unfriendly - made me feel like an intruder, ). Coffee machine and wake-up call function on phone were not working. No warning of renovations taking place. When I phoned about the noise, the response was that renovations are taking place. No alternative options were suggested and they couldn't say when they will be finished.

Dear Petrus Johannes B,

Thank you very much for selecting the Radisson Blu Gautrain Hotel as your hotel of choice on your recent visit to Johannesburg, we are so sorry to hear that your stay did not meet your expectations of a Radisson Blu Hotel.

We take pride in our “Yes I Can!” culture and do apologize that you did not receive this level of service from our staff. We have passed on your comments regarding staff friendliness and service . These areas of concern will be addressed with the team to ensure that we deliver outstanding service.

We apologise for the renovations taking place, this should have been advised to you upon making your reservation. Renovations have been completed and we can assure you that it was not our intention to inconvenience you but our facilities have been upgraded to ensure a more pleasurable stay.

We appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention and understand the inconvenience you experienced. I can assure you that this is not the standard of a Radisson Blu hotel. Once again I would like to apologize for your stay not meeting your expectations and we will certainly work on improving all your concerns, thank you once more for selecting the Radisson Blu Gautrain Hotel as your hotel of choice and we really hope that you will give us another chance in the near future.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for business . The location is about 30min from the airport with good traffic. Next to the Guatrain , there's also the 15min train option to the airport. The hotel is also next to the Nelson Mandela square, a collection of tourist trap restaurants

I arrived at 7am and previously requested for early check-in. Was denied but it was not a big deal. The lobby was ok and straightaway I could tell this is a 4 star hotel. The gym, breakfast, room , were all consistent with the 4 star label and I would have given this a 4 star, if not for the fact that I've stayed here for a few days and discovered how vile the service is

When I finally got the room, it was on a lowish floor (5 out of 10) and I saw 2 tiny single beds. I called the reception to request for a king bed and was told they will revert the next day as the hotel was full that day. Ok, but they never got back to me

The next day, I also discovered to my surprise that the clothes I put in the laundry bag just for storage, was taken to laundry without my permission. I didn't call anyone nor completed the form, why assume?

One day I went to the front desk to ask about the arrival of my friend. The staff did not smile and indeed, was in such a bad mood that I felt like I was interrupting her work. She told me to call concierge myself to check, instead of checking herself. What a jerk. Then it got worse. The concierge said no limo was arranged even after I showed them the confirmation. So clueless

I've stayed in hundreds of hotels and this is 1 of the few that had managed to make me feel unwelcome

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear Bcheong,

We take pride in our “Yes I Can!” culture and do apologize that you did not receive this level of service from our staff. We have passed on your comments regarding staff friendliness and service and the matter regarding your friends transfer will be investigated . These areas of concern will be addressed with the team to ensure that we deliver outstanding service.

Regarding your early check-in, we do apologise that this could not be honoured, but due to high occupancies in the hotel these requests can only be attended to once rooms have been released after check out. Should you require an early check-in in the future please request for a pre-registered room which will be available to you the day before arrival.

lebanon
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I visited this hotel as part of a business trip to joburg.
The Hotel has good rooms, the bathroom and shower are huge, but there is no separator in between which makes you bit cold if your showering in winter time.

Food is nice, breakfast is reach but to serve you in your room there is an extra charge that needs to be paid.

the pool is very small, and most of the time it is not clean and haven't seen anyone swimming.

Location is perfect, it is opposite to the train station and 5 minutes walking distance to Nelson Mandela Square.

i had a problem in the internet, so it was on/off all the time.

i hope that the above will be helpful.

Cheers.

Room Tip: Try to avoid the rooms facing the street, they tend to be noisy at night.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear RolandEid,

Thank you very much for choosing the Radisson Blu Gautrain Hotel on your recent visit to Johannesburg and also for taking the time to tell us about your experience here on Trip Advisor

Your comments are valued and will be used to consider improvements in the future. Once again, thank you very much for staying with us and we hope to exceed your expectations in the future.

Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Hotel well located, just opposite the Gautrain (modern tube train). The rooms were very nice with a good functioning bathroom (excellent shower). There is a gym on the 10th floor with weights, three treadmills, several step machines and exercise bikes - it is open 24 hours which was great. I tried the room service three times and the food was excellent - I waited only some 20 minutes for most orders. Staff were friendly and helpful. Only hitch was that my colleague and myself had asked for our rooms earlier (and paid for an extra night) - and the hotel was not aware of this even if it was written on our reservation confirmation. My colleague had to wait sometime for her room - mine was ready as I arrived after my colleague (who had alerted them I was coming early..)

Room Tip: If you want an early room, check and double-check with hotel!
1 Thank GON_11
Radisson Blu Ga... M, General Manager at Radisson Blu Gautrain Hotel, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear GON_11,

We apologise for the inconvenience caused upon check-in. This will be brought up with the head of department to be investigated so that this does not happen again in the future.

Our Executive Chef Stuart Cason will be very pleased to hear that you had a great dining experience, I will be sure to pass your message of compliments to him and the entire restaurant team. On your return I recommend coming for dinner. The Central One Restaurant offers a uniquely refined selection of cuisine using the freshest ingredients which results in a memorable dining experience.

São Paulo, Brazil
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Congratulation for all and i recomend to my friends because the localizationis very good. The front atendents are friendlys patients. I am very proud in recomended. Congratulation for all and i recomend to my friends because the localizationis very good. The front atendents are friendlys patients. I am very proud in recomended.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Laurindo L,

Thank you very much for the excellent review on Trip Advisor, it is really great to hear that you had an excellent stay with us and that your expectations about our hotel were met.

We are really pleased that you found the location of the hotel excellent and delighted that you would recommend us; being one of the best in Sandton with easy access to the Gautrain and all the major shopping centres.

Gaborone, Botswana
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I'd gladly recommend Gautrain Radisson to anyone due to it's proximity to both Gautrain and Nelson Mandela Square,it's so convenient. The hotel service was marvelous, the internet was quite fast and the rooms were neat. I also liked the idea of free shuttles between the hotel and Nelson Mandela Square, with the buses coming every 15 minutes. Me and my girlfriend enjoyed our stay at this hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Kevin M,

Thank you very much for making the Radisson Blu Gautrain Hotel your home away from home on your recent visit to Johannesburg and also for taking the time to tell us about your experience here on Trip Advisor.

We are really pleased that you found the location of the hotel excellent, being the most centrally located hotel in Sandton does provide certain perks and we are happy that you took advantage of our free shuttle to explore the surrounding Sandton area.

We are delighted that you would recommend us to friends and family. We strive on 100% satisfaction and we are happy that we exceeded your expectations during your stay - I will make sure to pass your message of compliments onto the entire team here at the Radisson Blu Gautrain Hotel.

Once again, thank you very much for staying with us and we really look forward to welcoming you back to the Radisson Blu Gautrain Hotel in the very near future.