“A Haven”

Elgin House Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sandton
Elgin House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #48 of 78 Sandton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 October 2012

I was in Joburg for many business meetings and was exhausted. Friends had offered a guest room but I needed the peace and quiet of my own space. Elgin House was just what I needed! The welcome was warm. When my traveling companion and I ordered take-away to be delivered, our host graciously provided trays, just one example of the kindly care of John Roberts. My friend said, "It is like having a kindly grandfather to take care of you, except my grandfather couldn't cook!"

The internet was reliable and strong, another welcome amenity.

When I come back to Joburg, I will certainly opt to stay here again!

Room Tip: There are two suites at the back of the house which have both bath and shower and are delightful spa...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank NomadicKim
There are newer reviews for Elgin House Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed 8 February 2012

Its been nearly a year since i wrote my first review and i have stayed here many times since. The standards remain consistently high, and the welcome unfailingly friendly. This would still be my recommendation for a quiet unobtrusive stay - for business or pleasure - in Johannesburg. Kudos to John...

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Adam_in_Africa
Reviewed 9 November 2011

I have recently spent a few days at Elgin for the second time in three years, and cannot speak too highly of this beautiful house and grounds, very comfortable accommodation, wonderful breakfast, cordial welcome and the kindly care and helpfulness of John Roberts, the owner. This establishment is truly a haven from the bustle of Johannesburg and must appeal to the holiday maker and business person alike. Here is South African hospitality at its best - I am already looking forward to my next stay !

Betty Pascoe, Helston, Cornwall. U.K. 9th. Nov. 2011

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Helstonian
Reviewed 26 February 2011

I have stayed several times here myself, and my company has been regularly using Elgin House for our consultants and visitors for more than 3 years now. (It also can host small dinners, events, meetings and conferences.) Everyone has been unanimous in their praise, and I/we could not be more effusive. Elgin House is the ideal stay for Northern Johannesburg (Sandton, Bryanston, Fourways, Randberg, Rivonia, etc.. a 15-min drive to any of these places). John runs this house with the rare combination of low-key unintrusive hospitality and complete attention to detail. The house is itself attractive, and is set in spacy lawns. Breakfast is unbeatable. Choice of the cottage (for more space and added privacy) or a variety of elegant rooms with en suite bathroom. Pool and tennis court on site. Secure and accessible. Whether for business or pleasure, this is one of the most attractive and best-run guesthouses/b&bs i've experienced...

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business