“Better than home away from home”

The Capital 20 West
Zambia
“Better than home away from home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2012

Ideal for families. Travelled with the. Whole family and didnt want to stay in a hotel because it is too restrictive. Found all the creature comforts of home and much much more. On some days the kids refused to go out, they just wanted to stay "home."

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank ZedTraveller2012
MarcWachsberger, Manager at The Capital 20 West, responded to this review, 12 November 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your positive feedback. We hope to welcome you and your family back to 20 West in the not too distant future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Cape Town
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2012

As a first-time visitor to Johannesburg, I had no idea what to expect, yet found myself pleasantly surprised with my accommodation at 20 West. Having heard horror stories regarding the crime in Johannesburg, I admittedly arrived a little paranoid. Let me just tell you my mind was put at ease the moment I walked into the luxurious 20 West Executive Apartments. I have to acknowledge a complaint I read about the security recently – I have to disagree – it was top notch. I signed in at the front desk (after walking past some burly security men) and they immediately asked for my ID which they scanned. The underground parking also seems incredibly secure and there are security guards everywhere; just standing by in case anyone needs help. Anyway, enough about the security; my apartment was gorgeous, and I have to admit I spent more time in the heated swimming pool than I did exploring Sandton. Sandton City and Nelson Mandela Square are also incredibly close and I had a fantastic time browsing the shops. All in all; 20 West treated me like royalty and I’ll definitely be staying there next time I’m in Johannesburg

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Timothy B
MarcWachsberger, General Manager at The Capital 20 West, responded to this review, 15 November 2012
Staff and management always appreciate positive feedback - thank you. We hope to welcome you back to 20 West in the not too distant future.
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2012

I stayed here for 2 months in a one bed apartment, and it was a typical Sandton enclave, a bit soul-less, but modern and functional.
I stayed in a few places around the area (serviced apartments) prior to getting in here, and this was by far the best & in such a convenient location just off Rivonia. Well run, clean very modern and contemporary apartments. I was happy enough to get 'home' every night. The services & staff are what make it special. Clothes washed, ironed and folded every Mon/Wed/Friday and the place cleaned EVERY day (Sunday I would have rather been left alone). Every day you leave the washing up, bed and bathroom (and washing) and you come back - its all done. Good quality staff too....
I did see the bedrooms (just like a hotel, not an apartment) and most face the corridors (which are external) and as a result the windows are open to the public, and must be shuttered making them very 'pokey'.
Go to 20 West for the apartments, go to a proper hotel for a hotel room...

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
MarcWachsberger, General Manager at The Capital 20 West, responded to this review, 23 October 2012
Thank you very much for your positive feedback. We are so pleased that you enjoyed our apartments and facilities and hope to welcome you back to 20 West in the not too distant future. We do believe that our Standard Hotel Rooms are currently the the best value for money in Sandton @ R895.00 per night for single or double occupancy.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2012

I stayed here for 5 nights during a business trip in July 2012. I have to commend the serviced apartments - I thought they were equipped for pretty much every business traveler's needs... Especially if it's a longer trip and you'd like to cook yourself. The apartment (one bedroom) was also very spacious and superbly maintained. Close to the lobby and the restaurant is a mid sized swimming pool and a gym which is satisfactorily equipped.

On the flip side - The restaurant is quite mediocre (not to mention pricey) to be honest and the breakfast gets extremely boring if you're here for more than a day. The service I found was more than a little disengaged - they could definitely do more to make you feel welcomed. I remember checking in and receptionist at the time hardly looked up - no sign of a smile or genuine warmth... To make matters worse it wasn't a one off.

Consider staying here if you're business traveler and/or love to cook for yourself when you're traveling.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
MarcWachsberger, General Manager at The Capital 20 West, responded to this review, 12 October 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to give your feedback and agree that the product is very good. The service concerns have been addressed and will be monitored by the management team. We hope to welcome you back to 20 West in the not too distant future.
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

Great apartments - which can be configured in different ways. We had a 2 bed-roomed, 2 bathroom with open plan kitchen / dining area / lounge (Flat screen TV and DVD in lounge and both bedrooms). There was also a balcony with table and chairs. Kitchen was very well equipped with crockery / glass-ware / appliances. Complex has a 25 metre lap pool and excellent gym facilities as well.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Kelso04
MarcWachsberger, Manager at The Capital 20 West, responded to this review, 3 September 2012
Thank you very much for the excellent review. We hope to welcome you back to 20 West Executive Apartments & Hotel in the not too distant future.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2012

This is the second time we staid at this place. We rented a 3 Bedroom flat for a month and are very happy with it. Some laundry got dameged, and immediatly the head of the department came to us and offered to pay for these cloths. Great place, and not too expensive. I will recomend it to my friends. The only issue, is maybe the lack of follow up on the housekeeping side.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
MarcWachsberger, General Manager at The Capital 20 West, responded to this review, 24 August 2012
Thank you for your positive feedback. We look forward to welcoming you and your guests back to 20 West in the not too distant future.
Cape Town
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2012

My husband went on a business trip to Sandton and I decided to go along to keep him company – and for a sneaky shopping trip too of course. We had a great time; our room was beautifully decorated and very comfy and spacious, while the staff was friendly and took every care to make our stay a memorable one. Jack made full use of the conference facilities, while I enjoyed the well-equipped gym and heated pool. We reckon Veranda Restaurant is one of the best spots in town for modern fusion cuisine and we dined there most nights. We will most definitely be back, thanks for a very positive experience.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
MarcWachsberger, General Manager at The Capital 20 West, responded to this review, 17 August 2012
Thank you very much for the excellent review. We look forward to welcoming you back to 20 West in the not too distant future.