Had planned to go to Johannesburg at the end of July and booked 20 West at the last minute because I had gotten sick and did not know if I would still travel. Needless to say, I went. Arrived at approximately 6:30PM and was greeted by Llewyn Anthony. The check-in process was smooth, he even gave me advice on the local area/transportation options offered by the hotel as well as public transportation options. My original plan was to stay 1 night in Jo'berg and go to Cape Town the next morning, but because of the rain in Cape Town, I scratched those plans and spent my additional time in Cape Town. Accommodations were very clean and welcoming. Room had a mini fridge which also came with a Brita pitcher that could be refilled with water as well. One small complaint was the lack of an iron/ironing board in the room. If I needed to iron a garment, would have to send it out to be done (for a fee of course). Also not sure if it was me, but the safe would not accept my code to lock. Location is convenient (approximately 5 minutes from Sandton train station, Nelson Mandela Square, McDonalds if you need a late night snack since the in house restaurant closes @ 10:00pm). The restaurant offers free breakfast (if its included in your stay and it was great! Fresh fruit, croissants, fresh omlettes, fresh juices-just great)! I am normally not a morning person, but you definitely have to be when staying in Jo'berg. Tours are all scheduled pretty early.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay contemporary. Stay where you count. The superbly central location of The Capital 20 West makes it the superior choice of business professionals. Smart money knows where to stay - and with 139 rooms a choice of either 1 or 2 bedroom apartments or standard rooms, we have ample accommodation for overnight or longer-term stays. All our guests enjoy complimentary parking, complimentary laundry, complimentary scheduled transfers to Sandton and complimentary Wi-Fi access throughout their stay. A state-of-the-art conference centre makes The Capital 20 West the choice of companies who know how to make money count. Our main conference room can accommodate 200 delegates, plus we have 3 breakaway/meeting rooms, 4 boardrooms and 1 executive dining room/boardroom, all with natural light and equipped with the latest technology. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Capital 20 West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 20 West Executive Apartments And Hotel
- 20 West Executive Apartments Hotel Sandton
- The Capital 20 West Sandton, Greater Johannesburg, South Africa