“Comfortable, excellent service.”

Gallo Manor Country Lodge
Ranked #16 of 78 Sandton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Well done Lynne on providing such a great B&B. All our needs were catered for and everyone in the team thoroughly enjoyed their stay. Your personal touch and comfortable accomodation was greatly appreciated.

Room Tip: Very convenient to Johannesburg Country Club.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Lynne T, Owner at Gallo Manor Country Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2012

Thank you for your valued review. Well done on a successful golf tournament. We enjoyed meeting you all and wish you every success in the future.

There are newer reviews for Gallo Manor Country Lodge

Reviewed 3 September 2012

I recently stayed at the Gallo Manor Lodge and had a wonderful stay. Travelling with a 3 year old toddler is not an easy thing anywhere in the world but thanks to Lynn and her lovely team my stay was an enjoyable experience. Anytime I go down to RSA I wll definitely be staying there again. Breakfast was lovely and the rooms nice and clean. A personal thanks for dropping us off at Sandton-rteally do appreciate that!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Lynne T, Owner at Gallo Manor Country Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2012

It is always a great pleasure to host families travelling to South Africa. We value your comments and look forward to meeting you all again.

Reviewed 27 August 2012

We recently stayed for the first time at Gallo Manor Lodge in Sandton, Johannesburg - we have stayed in many Guest Houses and Lodges in South Africa and can hinestly stay that this was the best that we have stayed in - thank you for a wonderfull stay, Lynn. We will certainly use the lodge for our net stay in Johannesburg and would highly recommend it to other travellers - it is very well situated for all areas of Johannesburg and like a hoe from home. Once agian many thaks for an enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: Out of Africa room was exceptional
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Lynne T, Owner at Gallo Manor Country Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2012

We value your comments and thank you for sharing your Gallo Manor experience. We look forward to your visit in the future

Reviewed 24 August 2012

As a family, we had to be in south Africa in July 2012 and it was a no brainier where we would stay after the wonderful time we had at the lodge in November 2011.

Everything was as excellent as usually. From the meet and greet at the airport to our speedy check in, simply excellent. But there where some surprises at the lodge, lynne had proactively installed CCTV monitors in the lodge for added security, revamped the menus at the lodge and was in the process of finishing a brand new patio for one of the rooms.

To me its simply amazing how committed to providing excellent customer services Lynne is. She would if possible, give a hand and a limb to make you as comfortable as possible.

We stayed in the lovely Venezia suite and we where extremely comfortable. My little daughter even had her own lovely bed set up and provided for by the lodge. Fantastic.
All the room amenities where in place and housekeeping was awesome.

We can't wait to come back to GALLO MANOR COUNTRY LODGE for it has truly become our home away from home.

Thank you so much Lynne. I have learnt so much from you.

Room Tip: Just talk to Lynne and she will suggest the best room for you needs. She always gets it right for us...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Lynne T, Owner at Gallo Manor Country Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2012

Once again we have had the pleasure of hosting your delightful family. It is always a pleasure to meet up with our valued clients who make our jobs so rewarding. Thank you for your comments and we look forward to future visits.

Reviewed 17 August 2012

I was quite skeptical reading all the very good reviews for this Lodge, but all is true and I found more: warm and practical welcome, empathy and a charming way to make my stay efficient (limousine service, ability to use the facility and the magic table for business meetings and work sessions, ...) & comfortable (good advises for restaurants, visits, golf, ...). I organised myself to have a WE on site, and I don't regret it; I had the time and opportunity to discover a little of the South-African life style and history. So a big THANKS to our wonderful hosts !

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Lynne T, Owner at Gallo Manor Country Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2012

It was a great pleasure to host you during your trip to South Africa and we look forward to your return

Reviewed 2 August 2012

If you are looking for a more quiet place where you can focus on an urgent assignment thast requires a lot of concentration, coupled with a most welcoming service at all levels, this is your place. I stayed there for a full week and I found everything most welcoming. I would like to express my gratitude in particular to Lynne, Mike and Tondi - Thank you very much for looking after me. I will keep the guest house in mind each time I travel to Sandton for a few days, and I will not hesitate to recommend it to other people be it those doing business or those wishing to celebrate some special time together as family, couples, friends, etc. Jane

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Lynne T, Owner at Gallo Manor Country Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2012

We are pleased that your stay at Gallo Manor Lodge exceeded all expectations and value your response.

Reviewed 1 August 2012

Big thanks to Lynne and Mike for allowing us to have my parents 60th & 65th Birthday celebration at your Lodge. For the 40 people we had, it was perfect. The garden was spacious and open for the kids to play and for LaOuma spitbraai specialists to setup and do their thing.

Thank you for allowing us to use you facilities (crockery, cutlery, tables and chairs etc). The sit down event was most enjoyable and I must say my sister and I did a spended job with the decor.
I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for a venue that is intimate and personal and right in the heart of Joburg. Well done to everyone especially my brother for providing gazibos and drinks etc. This family event is definately one to remember by all. Thank you. Will do that again!

Room Tip: I would choose a room near the pool area :-)
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Lynne T, Owner at Gallo Manor Country Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2012

It was a pleasure for us here at Gallo Manor Lodge to host your family occasion and the celebration of your parents reaching their senior years. The weather also played a great part in a truly successful day. We thank you for your appreciation and wish you all many years of good health and happiness.