“Fantastic place to stay”

and 1 more site!
Gallo Manor Country Lodge
Ranked #16 of 78 Sandton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 January 2013

My wife and I along with our two adult sons spent the night of Christmas Eve at Gallo Manor Lodge. It was a terrific place to stay in every respect. The lodge was in an upscale, safe residential area that was easy to get to from the airport and well located. The rooms were up to date and spotless. The grounds were absolutely stunning with beautiful flowers, a fish pond and a wonderful pool. We thoroughly enjoyed having drinks out on the patio after our long journey from the United States and the breakfast we had the the next morning was delicious. The owners went out of their way to make sure everything was perfect. When we arrived, they had already made a reservation for us at a great restaurant nearby for our Christmas Eve dinner. We stayed at a lot of nice places during our two week trip to South Africa, but this was hands down the best. We only wish we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Lynne T, Owner at Gallo Manor Country Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2013

Thank you for sharing your Gallo Manor experience with us. We welcome your reviews and are please that your experience of South Africa was so memorable.

There are newer reviews for Gallo Manor Country Lodge

Reviewed 28 December 2012

I had an outstanding 13 nights stay at the Gallo Manor Lodge, with the accommodation, hospitality, food and service living up to the 5star rating. I have stayed in many hotels over the years and the lodge provided a much needed home from home feel for such a lengthy stay. Lynn, couldn't do enough for myself and my fellow travelling companions, organising transfers not only to and from the airport but also too and from the training centre and anywhere else we wished to explore. There are plenty of shops and restaurants nearby that offer excellent choice and quality at a very reasonable price, and Lynn is always on hand to offer suggestions/recommendations if asked. I would and already have recommended this place to my friends and collegues, and would definitely return here again myself.

Room Tip: The Cleopatra was an excellent room and perfect for me.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Lynne T, Owner at Gallo Manor Country Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2012

Thank you for sharing your Gallo Manor experience with us. We appreciate your comments and are happy that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to hosting you in the near future.

Reviewed 9 December 2012

Stayed at Gallo Manor Lodge for 13 nights as I was attending a training course nearby . First impressions as I walked in the door were not disappointing. A great location for a first visit to South Africa , beautiful house and gardens , feels just like being at home . Breakfast and service was excellent , transport and transfers were arranged by our hosts and Lynne had some super suggestions on where we should visit. Other facilities around we're also excellent , shopping and many restaurants nearby with many varieties of taste . I would recommend this lodge to anyone and everyone . Fantastic

• Stayed: December 2012
Lynne T, Owner at Gallo Manor Country Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2012

Were pleased to hear that your trip to South Africa was an unforgetable experience.

Reviewed 9 December 2012

I'm just back in France after 2 weeks in Gallo Manor lodge. It is a very nice place to stay. The owners were really helpful, providing very good advice for finding restaurant or places to visit.

My room was great. Much space and a very comfortable bed.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business

We welcome your review and look forward to future visits.

Reviewed 28 November 2012

I had a 2 night stay at the Gallo Manor Lodge in Nov 2012 and it was excellent. Lynne was the consumate host. Room was excellent - good size, excellent shower, nicely fitted out in pleasant surroundings. Breakfast was also good and i was able to order more or less what I wanted.

Room Tip: The Venezia room was a good one for me.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Lynne T, Owner at Gallo Manor Country Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2012

We appreciate you for sharing your Gallo Manor experience with us and look forward to meeting you again.

Reviewed 10 November 2012

I stayed here for an extended business trip to Sandton and enjoyed every minute of my stay. The hosts and staff were extremely helpful and attended to my every need. From making reservations to local tourist advice nothing was too much. Their help really allowed me to make the most of my stay and see areas I would otherwise not have visited.

The quiet location and homely interiors made staying here feel like a home from home. Not to mention the beautiful gardens and roof terraces, that make a perfect setting to enjoy peaceful evenings watching the sun go down.

With a lodge like this one you get so much more than staying at a Hotel, I would highly recommend staying here and I hope the be back very soon.

Room Tip: I stayed in Capri, which was very private and had a lovely view over the gardens and pool, not to me...
1  Thank Tomprat
Lynne T, Owner at Gallo Manor Country Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2012

We aim to ensure that visitors to Gallo Manor Lodge are given a comprehensive option of tours and experiences to suite their needs. A mix of business and leisure travelers makes our task more exciting as it offers more versatility. We look forward to their return.

Reviewed 1 November 2012

My wife and I stayed at Gallo Manor for 4 nights. It was very relaxing and private. It is in a great location and feels very safe. The quality of service was very high. The room was very nice. We would recommend for anyone.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Lynne T, Owner at Gallo Manor Country Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2012

We enjoyed meeting you and are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our hospitality and facilities