“Girl's lunch”

Ranked #53 of 260 Restaurants in Sandton
Price range: US$8 - US$12
Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: A reclaimed car workshop is the setting for this atmospheric 40-seater restaurant just off Parkmore’s main drag. The decor is edgy yet soothing, the menu small (but regularly-changing) and the location offers a refreshing tranquillity being off the central road.
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We had a great girly lunch at The Eatery the other day. The food was great, wine was plenty and service was fantastic! Thank you for a lovely lunch!

Reviewed 12 March 2012

I live in London and go back to visit Johannesburg every year. The last two times I have eaten at Eatery and have always been impressed-it's a must for every trip I make now! The menu is simple; only a few starters, a few mains and a few desserts, but that's perfect-each dish sounds amazing and you always find at least one that jumps out at you! It's a new experience each time I go as the menu always changes.

Last time I went, I organized to have all my friends meet there for dinner and I was given a private dining room upstairs. Because there were so many of us I managed to try every dish on the menu and was impressed by all of them - everybody at the table had order envy, but couldn't stop raving about their meal.

The atmosphere was superb, the service fantastic and the food and wine amazing. Maybe living in London has made me immune to the addition of service charge (at 12.5%) but I'm sure you can remove it if you aren't happy - I was impressed by the service!

I believe they recently got their liquor licence (Shayne and Matt can definitely offer some good advice on wines!!)

If you are looking for something nice to do in Joburg, then I recommend going to Eatery

Reviewed 29 February 2012

So turns out the waiter who served us, his girlfriend had a baby girl today - what were the odds?? A leap year is a pretty special birthday to have!

The food was great, in an unusual setting, with great service. It was small enough to be intimate but big enough not to be boxy.

I look forward to going back, to see the menu changes and try new food! They have one meat, one fish, and one veg meal only to choose from, per course - very clever!

Reviewed 15 December 2011

Have eaten there on three different occasions. Liked the menu choices which changed each time I visited. The service was acceptable, the prices reasonable, I would go again

Reviewed 19 October 2011

A new restaurant with a constantly changing small menu of three each of starters, mains and dessert. I like this concept since at least one knows the food is fresh. Each dish is beautifully described but taste does not live up to the description. My tandoori spiced line fish was nothing but fish with a mld curry source. There was nothing tandoori about it. I never like the idea of a restaurant imposing a service charge -- in this case a hefty 12.5% for lack lustre service. The plus is that place is unlicenced and one can wine without corkage. Basically, this restaurant flatters to deceive.