“Surprisingly Good Restaurant”

Midori Sushi
Ranked #124 of 230 Restaurants in Sandton
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 16 October 2013

We went to Midori last night as I had been told that they made a great sushi.
I must admit I was skeptical as there are so many "sushi" restaurants around and most of them simply pay lip service to the name and serve, to put it mildly, rubbish.
However not only was the sushi here really good, but one of my guests had a steak which was also great.
Will definitely go back again.

There are newer reviews for Midori Sushi

Reviewed 13 June 2013

Love the food! The Phad Thai is the best I have ever had. There is very little atmosphere however. A colleague of mine is obsessed with their food so we go there often. The food is very consistent but that is about it.

Reviewed 6 March 2013

My Johannesburg friends tell me this is one the restaurants where it is now fashionable to Be Seen. You can even be seen here having your neck massaged at your table by an apparently Thai woman, as two women at the table next to mine chose to do. If that's what you are going here for, then you will presumably not be disappointed, since on the Tuesday night I visited the place was full.

If you want good food, though, go elsewhere. My Thai curry bore no resemblance to Thai curry I have eaten anywhere else; it was bland and tasteless, without even a hint of spice to it. My two dining companions were as enthusiastic about their meals as I was about mine.

Reviewed 2 March 2013

As a regular customer going back to an old haunt could not have been more disappointing. It's filthy, the maitre'd tells jokes in bad taste, the waitrons don't know their menu and take forever to bring your food. The food was bland and forgettable, we really wanted a meal that met our previous ones. The food took so long to get to us we had to pack it up in doggy bags as it was past our kids' bed time. they allow smokers smoke to waft into the restaurant. We will unfortunately be looking for another sushi eatery.

Reviewed 30 October 2012 via mobile

I love thai food so if you are looking for a treat midori offers a great green curry and the teriyaki is also great!