Southern Sun Katherine Street Sandton
US$148
US$133
Priceline
  • Restaurant
All reviewskelsey's restauranthome away from homeatholl squaremini kitchentsogo suna nice place to staythe hotel staffmain buildingan excellent hotelenjoyed my staysandton cityhotel roomshuttle servicesouth africabusiness tripfree shuttlean oasis
Reviewed 28 September 2013

SouthernSun is a nice hotel in main Sandton area for a business stay. Hotel has an excellent staff which is very helpful
Amenities and services are of highest quality. Rooms are large and spacious and yes the gym is also a good one.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Wilma S, General Manager at Southern Sun Katherine Street Sandton, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Dear VIG001,

Thank you for your lovely review on tripadvisor.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you find our larger rooms so much more comfortable.

We sure hope to welcome you back soon!

Southern Sun Katherine Street Sandton

Reviewed 26 August 2013

For someone who looks for calmness and good and friendly atmosphere this is the hotel to be.
The staff is very friendly and assisting whenever needed. The hotel fitness room could be better for a hotel of this quality.

Rooms are spacious and good entertained and maintained.

Room Tip: suites are mostly quiet and very comfortable
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Wilma S, General Manager at Southern Sun Katherine Street Sandton, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2013

Dear Ralph,

Thank you so much for the lovely review. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed the quiet and tranquility of our hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Kind Regards

Reviewed 13 August 2013

I cannot fault this hotel. After not visiting for nearly 12 months the front of house staff remembered my face and name - outstanding! (even though I had not misbehaved the last time :) ). From the welcome by the staff ... to the room being fresh and stocked with current magazines ... to the driver who transported me to and from Sandton City. They all made me feel like much more than just a guest. I will definitely recommend and return to this "more than a" hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo

Dear AfricanFish,

Thank you for your lovely review. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay and that the staff exceeded your expectations.

We sure hope to see you sooner than 12 months this time!

Southern Sun Katherine Street

Reviewed 17 July 2013

Check in was smooth, front desk was cool and professional..The hotel was very upscale and definitely a good choice.

Pro's- Rooms were spacious and had all you needed
Taxi's on property (mercedes) 24/7..No need to search for a taxi
Complimentary breakfast was whatever you wanted
Definitely upper scale
Location
Con's- Gym is a bit small

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Wilma S, General Manager at Southern Sun Katherine Street Sandton, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2013

Dear Addis Ababa,

I was delighted to read your lovely comments regarding your recent stay at the Hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed our offering and that we could make your stay a memorable one.

Reviewed 1 June 2013

I stay at this hotel whenever I travel on business and highly recommend it to anyone for business or pleasure. Every staff member at this hotel has one thing in common - they are all focussed on making your stay memorable. From Reception to the the shuttle service - all of them are polite and so helpful that even though I have stayed here before, I am always (pleasantly) surprised at the service! It is a great location because you can walk across the street to Atholl Square and the hotel shuttle will transport you to and from Sandton City if you wish to indulge in some serious shopping or eating. It is also a whisper away from the Sandton Gautrain station - call the hotel and the shuttle will collect you from the station (15mins by Gautrain from Oliver Tambo International Airport!! yay!!) I cannot think of staying anywhere else in Sandton. Well done guys! I am always happy to return.

Room Tip: I like the rooms on the ground floor for ease of access. If you are on holiday ask for a room facing the pool.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Wilma S, General Manager at Southern Sun Katherine Street Sandton, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2013

Dear Leo,

Thank you so much for the lovely feedback on your stay experience.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the staff have impressed you with their customer service focus.

We sure look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!