“A great place to stay in Sandton”
Review of Hilton Sandton

Hilton Sandton
Ranked #13 of 46 Hotels in Sandton
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I've stayed at the Hilton in Sandton quite a few times over the past 6 months when I've been in Johannesburg on business and have always been very impressed with the standard of service I have received and the quality of the hotel in general. As a Hilton Honors Diamond member, I've been lucky enough to have been upgraded to a deluxe suite every time I've been there and am generally able to check in first thing in the morning, when my flight from the UK lands. On the one occasion that my room wasn't available and I wanted a quick shower before going to the office, I was given use of a standard room for the day at no extra charge. It's service like this that keeps me coming back! The staff are always very friendly and courteous and make me feel very welcome. I still haven't tried the restaurant, but have used the bar a few times; prices are reasonable and the service is excellent. I have a few more trips lined up to Johannesburg this year and this will remain my first choice of hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank JamesMoore2
Heidi K, Manager at Hilton Sandton, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear Mr JamesMoore2

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Sandton and for sharing your valuable feedback with us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by you, and this time with regards to the amazing stay you had with us in particular.

Hilton prides itself with guests like you having the feeling of being at home while away from home. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and always hope to meet and exceed our guests’ expectations.

Mr James Moore2, we are delighted to see that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us and I would like to thank you once more for bringing to our attention the great service you have receive. Believe me it is feedback like yours which always makes all efforts truly worthwhile.

Please be assured, we are always looking forward to welcoming you back again to the Hilton Sandton in the near future.

If I can be of any assistance for you in the meantime, please do contact me at any given time. It will be always a pleasure to assist.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

don't go to this hotel if you need to use internet. the dinner food quality is average. breakfast is acceptable. the stuff is fantastic and very polite. room is clean and good size. location is good enough: only a few minutes walking from Mandela square.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Mr Silvano Z

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Sandton and for sharing your valuable feedback with us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by you.

Mr Silvano, in regards to our internet service provided, I would like to inform you, that we do offer complementary internet in our public areas, however if you are a Hilton Honors member and reach the Gold tier, internet is offered complementary for all your devises everywhere on our premises.
When it comes to service quality, I am pleased to be able to inform you, that we will have our services further upgraded within the next weeks to come to further increase service and speed. However, I do apologize for any inconvenience caused due to our current speed, which still is a challenge from time to time.

Overall, we are delighted to see that you enjoyed your time with us and I would like to thank you once more for bringing to our attention the great service you had received from our team. Believe me it is open and constractive feedback like yours which always makes all efforts truly worthwhile.

We all are looking forward to welcoming you back again to the Hilton Sandton in the near future.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

As Hilton Honors Members you come with high expectations. We arrived with a pile of luggage which was whisked away. Checkin was usual prompt and attentive manner. Room was a delight with a suite and separate lounge with excellent facilities. Yes great to have the additional space.

Bar and lounge area are comfortable but with a restricted menu.

We arranged a special dinner with good friends in nearby Sandton. Staff went out of their way to assist and support and helped in choosing an excellent red wine. Meal was of a high quality and we were well satisfied and our guests very pleased.

We experienced a problem with a hire car being dropped off. It was to supposedly arrive at 8.00AM in the morning , but was delayed for quite some time in traffic. The hotel and our tour company sorted it out and alerted me when it was delivered later that afternoon, after we had enjoyed a tour of Johannesburg. A good example of the very helpful staff with a can do careful attitude.

The pool is excellent and gym facilities as you would want and expect.

We also used the shuttle to Mandella Square and the excellent shopping. It also drops off at the Gautrain so we could have used this facility for transit from the airport.

So in summary an excellent stay at a first class hotel with top quality food, very good rooms and helpful staff.
Strongly recommend .

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ken050
Heidi K, Manager at Hilton Sandton, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear Mr / Mrs Ken050,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Sandton and for sharing your highly valued feedback with us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by you, and this time with regards to the amazing stay you had with us in particular.

Hilton prides itself with guests like you having the feeling of being at home while away from home. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their wellbeing very seriously and always hope to meet and exceed our guests’ expectations.

Ken050, we are delighted to see that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and I would like to thank you once more for bringing to our attention the great service you received. It is feedback like yours which always makes all efforts truly worthwhile.

If we can be of any assistance for you in the meantime, please do contact us at any given time. It will be always a pleasure to assist.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

We arrived early straight from the airport and reception were able to not only upgrade us they also let us check in at eleven o'clock. When we went to our room I found that the bed was far too hard for me; I returned to reception and they gave us a junior suite. The bed thankfully was better and it was lovely to have do much additional space. I think we were particularly lucky as the hotel was quiet as it was Easter Sunday which meant they could accommodate us.

Pool area is nice and there is a pool bar. Bar area is ok although the menu here us quite limited.

Great service and location. We also made use of the free shuttle to get to Mandela square, although it is only a ten mins safe walk away bit also goes to the Gautrain which means it's easy to get to and from the airport.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Mr / Ms JFlowerStAlbans,

In regards to the mattress being too hard for your liking, I would like to inform you, that the latest renovated rooms have harder mattresses indeed, however I am pleased to see, that in the end we were able to accommodate you in a room with a mattress of your preferences.

Mr/Ms JFlowerStAlbans, overall we are delighted to see that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and I would like to thank you once more for bringing to our attention the great service you received. It is feedback like yours which always makes all efforts truly worthwhile.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

I've stayed here many times and while sometimes things break, the staff ALWAYS works so hard to fix, replace, or change rooms...whatever it takes to make it right. And, that's all I ask...for those in charge to care about my comfort. Their friendly smiles and warm greetings never fail to invigorate me after a long trip! The beds are fresh and well-appointed; the baths are clean and shiny; the views are amazing! I love the beautiful pool and garden area. The food in the restaurant is excellent (do try the ribs...fabulous!) and the service is delightful. I look forward to returning soon.

Dear Ms Katie N.,

Dear Ms Katie N., we are delighted to see that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and I would like to thank you once more for bringing to our attention the great service you received, especially in regards to our Housekeeping ladies. It will be my upmost pleasure to share the same with the team. Please believe me it is feedback like yours which always makes all efforts truly worthwhile.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

I had an awesome experience when I stayed at this hotel on business. The food is great, the rooms are comfortable and the conference facilities are just right. Not to mention that it is close to Mandela Square and while you can walk, the hotel provides transport.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Mr/Ms Odala M.,

Mr / Ms Odala M, we are delighted to see that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us and I would like to thank you once more for bringing to our attention the great service you had received from our team members and it will be my absolute pleasure to share the same with the team accordingly. It is feedback like yours which always makes all efforts truly worthwhile.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Stayed for a few days at the Hilton my colleagues stayed almost 10 days. The service was very good. They organised a bus for us every morning and picked us up every evening. One night I took an additional taxi that was not part of the hotel but I did not have local currency and one of the staff paid it on my behalf. The buffet is fairly decent for breakfast and lunch . We had dinner there at the hotel one night as well. The service was a little slow but the food was fairly good. The location was ideal we walked to various restaurants every night. The room was a good size . For business travel I was very happy with the service and accommodation.

Dear Mr/Ms Trinitraveller88,

Mr/Ms Trinitraveller88, we are delighted to see that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us and I would like to thank you once more for bringing to our attention the great service you had received from our team members and it will be my absolute pleasure to share the same with the team accordingly. It is feedback like yours which always makes all efforts truly worthwhile.