“Hilton Sandton”
Review of Hilton Sandton

Hilton Sandton
Ranked #13 of 46 Hotels in Sandton
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Nice location and the potential to be a very good hotel. Some ammenities are in disrepair. The hotel needs a good tidy up with a focus on the functioning of all amenities. The power generally goes out periodically and is accepted as a way of life.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Heidi K, Manager at Hilton Sandton, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Mr Richard C.,

First of all I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Sandton and at the same time for sharing your valuable feedback with us. Hilton prides itself with guests like you having the feeling of being at home while away from home. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their wellbeing very seriously and always hope to meet our guests’ expectations.

Mr Richard c., in regards to our building I would like to infrom you, that we indeed in looking into refurbishing areas of our property very soon. Starting with a little upgrade of our Fitness Centre, this week and further with replacement of new mashines beginning of next year.
Further have we planned a refurbishment of all our public areas, which are to be followed by our Executive Floor in the very near future.

With regards to not having power in the hotel, I must be honest, we were unaware of any of such disturbances. Neither did we receive any further complaints nor did our Engineering receive any reports of errors. I do however apologize for the inconvenience it has cause you. Please be assured that your room is under thorough investigation.

Mr richard C., please be assured that feedback like yours is highly appreciated and I would thank you once more for your constructive comments as it always assists us greatly in improving our service quality and delivery.

Please be assured that we all are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sandton very soon again. If we can be of any further assistance to you in the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact us at any given time. It will be always our pleasure to assist.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Average hotel for a business trip. Clean rooms and great staff. For solo travellers there's nothing much to do in this part of Sandton and unfortunately the hotel does not provide much in terms of a gym or a spa. I was lucky to have a rental, so I was able to travel around Sandton. I still believe that for business travellers the hotels around Sandton Square/City are better options. The only reason I stayed here was because of a very special rate that I was able to secure.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank TheIdler

Dear Mr/Ms Theldler

First of all I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Sandton during your recent visit to Johannesburg, and secondly thank you for sharing your valuable feedback with us. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their wellbeing very seriously and always hope to meet and exceed our guests’ expectations.

However, it is obvious by your comments that you were not entirely happy with your stay, which we sincerely regret. In regards to our gym and sauna I would like to inform you that we are currently looking at refurbishing our Fitness Centre and also incorporating the SPA in the same. It is still under discussion and will be done in the near future.

In case you might not be aware, I would like to inform you, that we offer a complementary shuttle service that runs every half an hour from the hotel to the Gautrain and Mandela’s Square and Sandton City Shopping Center, which as well can be arranged after regular operating hours.

Mr/Ms Theldler, I truly regret that we were not able to meet your expectation, and I would highly appreciate if you could let us know, what more we can do for you to make you come back to us and to guarantee you a great and pleasant stay.

Please be assured that we all look forward to a continued relationship with you, and to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sandton one day again.

Please do contact me at any given time if we can be of any assistance to you. It will be always our pleasure to assist.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Hilton is certainly one of the best options to stay. It gives you the value for your money. I enjoyed the stay and will this was my 2nd trip where i stayed at Hilton. I will certainly recommend Hilton be it personal trip, business trip or any occasion. its worth spending the money.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Umar M
Heidi K, Manager at Hilton Sandton, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Mr Umar M.,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Sandton and for sharing your valuable feedback with us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by you, and this time with regards to the amazing stay you had with us in particular.

Hilton prides itself with guests like you having the feeling of being at home while away from home. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well-being very seriously and always hope to meet and exceed our guests’ expectations.

Umar M., we are delighted to see that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us and I would like to thank you once more for your positive response. It is feedback like yours which always makes all efforts truly worthwhile.

We all are looking forward to welcoming you back again to the Hilton Sandton in the near future.

If I can be of any assistance for you in the meantime, please do contact me at any given time. It will be always a pleasure to assist.

Heidi Kleine-Moeller I Director of Operations

Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

At those room rack rates...charging for wifi is just petty,greedy,shortsighted and unprofesional. Otherwise good room, service and location. Bit understaffed at your front desk...had to queue everytime I needed anything. Good fast room service. Loved the shuttle service to the Gautrain. Nice breakfast spread and well cooked eggs.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Mr ChristainBoix,

Hilton prides itself with guests like you having the feeling of being at home while away from home. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and always hope to meet and exceed our guests’ expectations.

Mr ChristianBoix, I would like to explain that we offer free internet in all public areas. This requires a password which can be obtained either from Front Desk or the Business Centre, which will last for 8 hours once connected. However if you are a Hilton Honors Gold or Diamond member, internet is offered complementary for all your devises everywhere on our premises.

I do apologise that you had to wait to be assisted when coming to our front desk. Please note that we have been fully booked during the last two weeks, which makes the lobby quite busy at certain times. Nevertheless, please be assured that we have reviewed our manning levels in the meantime, especially when it comes to peak periods.

We are delighted to see that overall you enjoyed your time with us and I would like to thank you once more for your responds. It is feedback like yours which always makes all efforts truly worthwhile, and we all are looking forward to welcoming you back again to the Hilton Sandton in the near future.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed there on two different weekends. Both stays were on the executive floor. First weekend was excellent but the second weekend we had to ask to be moved to a quieter room away from the elevator. We asked the first receptionist and he said that that was the only room left on the executive floor. We asked the second after we moved in the noisy room, and he gave us another room in a quiet location. It was, in fact, the same room we stayed in the week before and that was the room we mentioned that we preferred. Why did we have to ask twice and receive a wrong answer and worse room the first time?

One concierge was very helpful, while the other one was rude and useless. We asked to find out where a post office is and he suggested a post office that did not send out packages that we said we needed to do. We asked him to call the other post office and the concierge refused. What is he there for then? Same thing with front desk and other staff. Some are nice and helpful while some are rude and not helpful at all. The room was nice though. Breakfast was okay, but can really use more variety - it gets dull after the second night.

So, overall very mixed experience. Come on, Hilton, sort it out.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Mr/Ms RTW123

First of all I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Sandton during your recent visit to Johannesburg, and secondly thank you for sharing your valuable and honest feedback with us. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their wellbeing very seriously and always hope to meet and exceed our guests’ expectations.

However it is very obvious and with great concern to read that we failed to do so during a major part of your stay, for which I first and for most would like to convey my most humble apologies. I truly regret any inconvenience caused to you, hence please be assured that any comment made is always highly appreciated and will always be taken very seriously.

Mr/Ms RTW123, I would like to apologize for the service you received and the frustration and dissatisfaction caused. Please note that this has been escalated to the responsible department head and his team member concerned. Such attitude and lack of interest and hospitality will not be tolerated.

Though I am not able to undo the negative impression received, and though you have chosen not to come back to us again accordingly, I would highly appreciate if you would give us another chance to prove to you, that we can do much better than what you recently have experienced with us.

Please be assured that we do look forward to a continued relationship with you, and we all are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sandton in sunny South Africa in the near future.

In the meantime, if I can be of any further assistance for you, please do contact me at any given time. It will be always my pleasure to assist.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I attended a conference there in May'2014. I was also staying at the hotel. The good thing about the hotel is that the rooms are very comfortable, the bed is excellent for sleeping and relaxing and everything is very clean.
The location is not very good. It is quite far from the tourist attractions and also the airport. There is some market nearby and also a mall but you will get rates at other places if your are looking for South African handicrafts and clothes.There is not much a view from the window. The spa is actually very basic and have no steam, sauna or Jacuzzi.
They messed up my billing a number of times. I was there for 5 nights and even after I got the billing corrected, the same issues used to crop up again and again. How had to follow up on this issue a number of times.

Dear Mr Raja,

First of all I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Sandton and at the same time for sharing your valuable feedback with us. Hilton prides itself with guests like you having the feeling of being at home while away from home. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well being very seriously and always hope to meet our guests expectations.

With regards to the Sauna and Jacuzzi, we are indeed looking at refurbishing our Gym and also incorporating the spa in the same. It is still under discussion and will be done in the near future. However in the meantime you might need to know, that we turn it on only upon request, as the usage is rather seldom. When it comes to massage, we do have a company we are working with since many years. I do apologize if this was not brought to your attention earlier.

Mr Raja, I do aplogise that you experienced problems with you bill. You have my most humble apology as this should never have happened in the first place. Please be assured that this matter has been shared with the people responsible to prevent any reoccurrence in the future.

Thank you very much once more for your positive response and comments. Feedback like yours always helps us get closer to achieving our goals. Thank you for bring to our attention the great service you have received from the Hilton Sandton. Your thoughtful remarks are very helpful in allowing us to continue to deliver the most excellent experience.

Please be assured we all are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sandton in sunny South Africa.

In the meantime, if I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me at any given time. It will be always a pleasure to assist.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

I stayed there are few nigths in May. My overall verdict is that the age is showing. Rooms, furniture, bathroom, overall ambiance just shows that time has passed since the last renovation. The best about the hotel is probably the proximity to the mall and the friendly,convenient shuttle service as well as the view from the rooms in the 6xt floor. The internet is fairly fast (for SA standards I guess) as it has been the best in the 3 hotels I stayed at in Jo'burg. Other than this, nothing outstanding: service, food pretty much average, interior as mentioned a bit run down. Better than the Hilton in Nairobi, similar to Cairo far, far away from Hiltons in Europe or AP.

1  Thank Florian W
Heidi K, Manager at Hilton Sandton, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Ms Florian W,

Thank you for staying at the Hilton Sandton and for sharing your valuable feedback with us once more. Our main aim, being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their wellbeing very seriously and always hope to meet and exceed our guests expectations.

When it comes to the age of our building, I am happy to inform you, that several refurbishment projects are in the pipeline and we hope to be able to start within the next several months to come.

Ms Florian W, I truly regret not having been able to meet your expectations, and though I am not able to undo the negative impression received, I would highly appreciate if you would give us another chance to prove to you, that we can do much better than what you recently have experienced with us.

Please be assured that we do look forward to a continued relationship with you, and we all are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sandton in the near future. It will be always my pleasure to assist.