“Great staff” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #13 of 49 Hotels in Sandton
Lagos, Nigeria
“Great staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

Staff was extremely welcoming and would arrange trips for the weekend on my stay. Breakfast was great as well and didn't shut down too early. Shuttle to Mandela Square is nice and convenient. Hotel is close to a few bars and clubs in you're interested in night life - just be careful of the police looking for bribes from tourists on the walk home!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Dear Mr/Ms Grayson_Sasser,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Sandton and for sharing your valuable feedback with us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by you, and this time with regards to the amazing stay you had with us in particular.

Hilton prides itself with guests like you having the feeling of being at home while away from home. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well-being very seriously and always hope to meet and exceed our guests’ expectations.

We are delighted to see that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us and I would like to thank you once more for bringing to our attention the great service you had received from our team members and it will be my absolute pleasure to share the same with the team accordingly. It is feedback like yours which always makes all efforts truly worthwhile.

We all are looking forward to welcoming you back again to the Hilton Sandton in the near future.

If I can be of any assistance to you in the meantime, please do contact me at any given time. It will be always a pleasure to assist.

HEIDI KLEINE MOELLER I Director of Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

Just drove 5 hours from a private game lodge only to go through a painful check in as they couldn't get my pre paid reservation sorted. Got to my supposed 5 * room only to discover a king size bed with a queen size duvet and 2 pillows. Was told by housekeeping and their manager that that's the bedding design and she was happy to change it from plain white to stripes if it would make me happy. Still wouldn't have solved the problem of a queen size duvet cover on a king size bed. I stayed the week before and the room was fine. 5*, I don't think so, maybe 3* at a push. Last time I'll be staying at this Hilton

Room Tip: Rather book a different hotel
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Mr Theoracleoz,

First of all I thank you for staying at the Hilton Sandton and for sharing your valuable feedback with us. Our main aim, being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their wellbeing very seriously and always hope to meet and exceed our guests expectations. I would like to thank you for your honest and constructive feedback. We at Hilton strive to make our guests feel at home while away from home.

However, it is with greatest concern to read that exactly that was not the case during your visit, for which I most sincerely apologize. Please be assured that your concern and open feedback is highly appreciate, hence I would like to sincerely apologize for the service you received and the frustration and dissatisfaction caused. I would highly appreciate if you could elaborate a bit further and inform us, what the challenge at check in was, in order for us to investigate further and to prevent situations like this from happening again. Please be assured that your feedback has been and always will be taken very seriously.

With regards to your duvet cover I do apologize that the size didn’t suite you, and we have updated your profile with your king-size preference, to prevent any reoccurrence in the future again.

Mr Theoracleoz, I truly regret any inconvenience caused to you, and though I am not able to undo the negative impression received, I would highly appreciate if you would give us another chance to prove to you, that we can do much better than what you recently have experienced with us.

Please be assured that we do look forward to a continued relationship with you, and we all are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sandton in the near future.

Canberra, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

Hotel looks plush and opulent but is a bit tiered. Staff are great but hotel needs a refresh. Breakfast choice is great. Would be nice if there was heated pool for winter, spa and sauna. Shuttle service is great. Internet is good and works well.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Mr Harold D.,

First of all I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Sandton and at the same time for sharing your valuable feedback with us. Hilton prides itself with guests like you having the feeling of being at home while away from home. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their wellbeing very seriously and always hope to meet our guests’ expectations.

With regards to our building I would like to inform you, that we indeed are looking into refurbishing areas of our property very soon. We have completed a soft refurbishment on our Fitness Centre, and will continue further with the replacement of new machines beginning of next year. Further have we planned a refurbishment of all our public areas, which are to be followed by our Executive Floor in the very near future.

Mr Harold D, here at Hilton we pride ourselves with the breakfast we serve. We don’t offer only a wide variety and good quality, we also offer a full organic breakfast and now with the efforts of the Food and Beverage Team we are in the process of reviewing our Healthy Menu options, as we understand that it is of great importance to you & we hope to exceed your expectations of what is on offer in the near future. Our breakfast is one of our signatures, and we are pleased to hear that our offerings found your satisfaction.

In regards to our pool, it might not be heated, but our entire pool area and its garden is unique and the biggest in Sandton which allows even during the current winter period to enjoy a drink at our pool bar while soaking up with winter sun.

Mr Harold D, we are delighted to see that overall you enjoyed your time with us and I would like to thank you as well for bringing to our attention the great service you had received from our team members. It is feedback like yours which always makes all efforts truly worthwhile.

Please be assured we all are looking forward to welcoming you back again to the Hilton Sandton in the near future.

Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

I am have been a Hilton Honours member now for many years as i travel a lot and i enjoy the Hilton experience, on the 29th May i called reservations and spoke to Cylvia i advised that i would be cheking in on the 15th June i asked if it was possible to use some of my miles for the stay, she had to call the Honours desk to confirm , she called me back and confirmed that indeed i could use some of my miles and that i would need to pay in R600. To my dismay on checkin these details were not on the sytstem and i was told that it was not possible to use some of my miles for the stay, i immediately asked to see the Manager on duty(Mr Ngwenya) , I waited for Mr Ngwenya at the bar he promptly arrived and apologised for the confusion i asked him why was i told that i could use my miles yet now i was being told i couldnt, irritated i told to go ahead and charge my usual rate, Mr Ngwenya was very polite and offered to pay for my drinks and dinner, i took up his offer and proceded to my room, upon entering my room i was dismayed to see that i did not get a deluxe room facing the pool as i had requested, i called Mr Ngwenya and explained my frustation i then asked to be upgraed to the Executive floor at the Hotels cost, this request was granted which i am happy about.
around 18:30 i proceeded to the restaurant to for dinner, ordereda fillet steak (medium rare) to my dismay the steak arrived medium to well done i asked that the steak be taken back i was offered another, the waiter then came back and advised me that Chef wanbted to know whether he must make the steak less medium or well done i was irritated at this question as i had clearly ordered a medium rare steak, to my utter shock the second steak was also well done.
Needless to say i did not enjoy my trip and i need to understand what went wrong and why i must stay at the Hilton hotel again?

Mr Ndlovu

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Heidi K, Manager at Hilton Sandton, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Dear Mr Ndlovu,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Sandton and for sharing your valuable feedback with us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by you, our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well-being very seriously and always hope to meet and exceed our guests’ expectations.
However it is with greatest regret to have been informed that this was not the case during your recent stay with us.

Mr Ndlovu, I do apologize for the experience you had at check in, however as previously explained when contacting your directly, I do regret that we were not able to get hold of you to inform you, despite all efforts. Apart from the apology of our team by offering you a complementary Dinner for the inconvenience caused, once more you have my sincere apology.

Furthermore, I understand that you were not happy with the room assigned for you on the 3rd floor, as you preferred a room facing the pool. As we did not have any room of the room category booked and the special request made available at your time of arrival, we upgraded you to the executive floor complementary including the Executive Lounge privileges, and I trust this found your satisfaction.

When it comes to your meal I was informed that you were not happy about the quality as it was served well done instead of medium rear, and when it was redone that the team was asking too many questions to clarify your order. Mr Ndlowu I apologize once more, that we were not able to meet your expectation, and I would like to assure you, that your comments have been shared with the entire team (kitchen and restaurant) accordingly.

Despite your recent experiences, I would appreciate if you would give us another chance, and hence I ask you to inform me directly whenever travel brings you back to Johannesburg in order for me to personally take care of your future bookings accordingly.

Mr Ndlovu, please be assured we all are looking forward to welcoming you back again to the Hilton Sandton one day again.

cape town, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

I am a regular traveller to Johannesburg and find the Hilton Sandton to be extremally satisfying for my business travel needs. The service and food is excellent. The executive lounge staff consistently exceed my expectations.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank F M
Heidi K, Manager at Hilton Sandton, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Mr/Ms F M,

Mr/Ms F M,, we are delighted to see that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us and I would like to thank you once more for bringing to our attention the great service you had received from our team members and it will be my absolute pleasure to share the same with the team accordingly. It is feedback like yours which always makes all efforts truly worthwhile.

Salt Lake City Utah, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

This place is one of the best Hilton's I have ever stayed at. The staff was absolutely WONDERFUL! Room and beds were wonderful. Breakfast was wonderful. Would highly recommend this place to ANYONE. They staff in every department knew exactly how to please their customer, yet they worked to gather as a real team.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

2 Thank Barbara B
Heidi K, Manager at Hilton Sandton, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Ms Barbara B.,

Ms Barbara B, we are delighted to see that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us and I would like to thank you once more for bringing to our attention the great service you had received from our team members and it will be my absolute pleasure to share the same with the team accordingly. We are happy to have met all your expectations. It is feedback like yours which always makes all efforts truly worthwhile.

Kind regards

Godalming, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

Nice location and the potential to be a very good hotel. Some ammenities are in disrepair. The hotel needs a good tidy up with a focus on the functioning of all amenities. The power generally goes out periodically and is accepted as a way of life.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Heidi K, Manager at Hilton Sandton, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Mr Richard C.,

Mr Richard c., in regards to our building I would like to infrom you, that we indeed in looking into refurbishing areas of our property very soon. Starting with a little upgrade of our Fitness Centre, this week and further with replacement of new mashines beginning of next year.

With regards to not having power in the hotel, I must be honest, we were unaware of any of such disturbances. Neither did we receive any further complaints nor did our Engineering receive any reports of errors. I do however apologize for the inconvenience it has cause you. Please be assured that your room is under thorough investigation.

Mr richard C., please be assured that feedback like yours is highly appreciated and I would thank you once more for your constructive comments as it always assists us greatly in improving our service quality and delivery.

Please be assured that we all are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sandton very soon again. If we can be of any further assistance to you in the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact us at any given time. It will be always our pleasure to assist.