“Radisson Guatrain thousand times better for similar cost”
Review of Hilton Sandton

Hilton Sandton
Ranked #14 of 47 Hotels in Sandton
“Radisson Guatrain thousand times better for similar cost”
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

You have to pay for any WiFi!!!

Room walls paper thin and radio alarm in next room went off at 11pm and it took until 1am for hotel to sort it put (so terrible nights sleep).

Wifi and cost if breakfast doesn't make it worth the cost when compared to Radisson or Park Inn.

Marginally better than the Maslow, but the Radisson Guatrain and Park Inn are a thousands times better for similar money!

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Andrew W
Dear Mr Andrew W.,

First of all I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Sandton during your recent visit to Johannesburg, and secondly thank you for sharing your valuable and honest feedback with us. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their wellbeing very seriously and always hope to meet and exceed our guests’ expectations.

However it is very obvious and with great concern to read that we failed to do so during major parts of your stay. I fully understand your frustration being disturbed that late in the evening by a next door noise/alarm, for which you have my most sincere apology.

With regards to the internet services, you might be aware that this service is provided by an external company and hence is not included in the room rate per se. However I would like to inform you that we do offer free internet in all public areas, and when being a member of our loyalty program as a Gold and Diamond member you enjoy free internet throughout the hotel for all your devices. If you would like us to enroll you to our complementary Loyalty Program, we are more than happy to do so.

Mr Andrew W., I truly regret your disappointment, however, though I am not able to undo the negative impression received, I would highly appreciate if you would give us another chance to prove to you, that we can do much better than what you recently have experienced with us.

Please be assured that we do look forward to a continued relationship with you, and we all are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sandton on day again.

Please do contact me at any given time, if I can be of any assistance to you in the meantime. It will be always my pleasure to assist.

HEIDI KLEINE MOELLER I Director of Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bergen NH, The Netherlands
Reviewed 14 July 2014

The room was comfortable, food was good and the staff friendly. There is a gym which is well equipped and has easy access. The room next doors occupants were easily heard and this did create some disruption in my sleeping. Walking distance to Sandton City and here one can find all the required restaurants, shops etc.

1 Thank Theo D
Dear Mr Theo D.,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Sandton and for sharing your valuable feedback with us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by you, and this time with regards to the amazing stay you had with us in particular.

Hilton prides itself with guests like you having the feeling of being at home while away from home. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well-being very seriously and always hope to meet and exceed our guests’ expectations.

Mr Theo D, I do apologise for the disturbance you experienced during the night from the room next door. I understand how frustrating this must have caused. Please accept our most sincere and humble apologies.

We are delighted to see that overall you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us and I would like to thank you once more for bringing to our attention the great service you had received from our team members and it will be my absolute pleasure to share the same with the team accordingly. It is feedback like yours which always makes all efforts truly worthwhile.

We all are looking forward to welcoming you back again to the Hilton Sandton in the near future.

If I can be of any assistance to you in the meantime, please do contact me at any given time. It will be always a pleasure to assist.

Kolkata, India
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Not worth the price paid. Dose not match the quality of 5 start. Shuttle to and fro Mandela Sqaure is a good initiative. Ambience is good. Some of the room service and reception satff are good but some are extremly bad Mix of staff behaviour.I will try other hotels in visinity in my nxt stay.

Dear Ms Tanuja N.,

First of all I would like to thank you for staying at the Hilton Sandton during your recent visit to Johannesburg.
And secondly I thank you for sharing your valuable feedback with us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by you, as our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their wellbeing very seriously and always hope to meet and exceed our guests’ expectations.

I would like to sincerely apologize for the experience you had, which obviously was not to your satisfaction. Please be assured that your feedback has been taken very seriously, and hence has been shared with management and team accordingly to review ways and actions going forward.

Ms Tanuja N., I truly regret the impression received during your stay with us and I would like to assure you once more that your comments have not been taken lightly. Therefore I would appreciate if you could provide us with some more details in order for us to be able to investigate the matter further.

Though I am not able to undo your first impression, I would highly appreciate if you would give us another chance to prove to you, that we can do much better than recently experienced.

Please be assured that we do look forward to a continued relationship with you, and we all are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sandton in sunny South Africa in the near future.
Please do let me know at any given time when travel brings you back to Sandton, and it will always be my pleasure to assist.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I was a Radisson Blu fan in Joburg and had reservations on the Hilton, but I was more than pleasantly surprised.

The Hilton Sandton is similar to any other Hilton. But that is where the comparison ends. Each and every member of the staff was very helpful and the service was always with genuine smile and warmth.

Breakfast at the restaurant has a good spread and quality. There are decent options on ala carte menu as well.

The hotel is in a safe part of Johannesburg, close to a number Sandton's restaurants and shopping. It is a walking distance away from Nelson Mandela Square. The hotel has a free shuttle service to both the Mandela Square and Gautrain.

Special mention to Raj at Tradewinds and Gaurav at reception.

Room Tip: away from the elevators
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Saleem M
Dear Mr Saleem M,

First of all I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Sandton and at the same time for sharing your valuable feedback with us. Hilton prides itself with guests like you having the feeling of being at home while away from home. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their wellbeing very seriously and always hope to meet our guests’ expectations.

Mr Saleem M, here at Hilton we pride ourselves with the breakfast we serve. We don’t offer only a wide variety and good quality, we also offer a full organic breakfast and now with the efforts of the Food and Beverage Team we are in the process of reviewing our Healthy Menu options, as we understand that it is of great importance to our guests & we hope to exceed your expectations of what is on offer in the near future. Our breakfast is one of our signatures, and we are pleased to hear that our offerings found your satisfaction.

We are delighted to see that overall you enjoyed your time with us and I would like to thank you as well for bringing to our attention the great service you had received from our team. It is feedback like yours which always makes all efforts truly worthwhile.

Please be assured we all are looking forward to welcoming you back again to the Hilton Sandton in the near future.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 10 July 2014

This is a good full service hotel, located close to Sandton Conference Center in Johannesburg. I found the staff to be polite and courteous, rooms clean and well appointed, and facilities all in working order. The only thing I had a problem with was the gym where a lot of the "machined" equipment required repairs.

1 Thank Rajiv A
Dear Rajiv A,

Mr Rajiv A, with regards to our Fitness Centre we have just completed a soft refurbishment on it, and will continue further with the replacement of new machines beginning of next year. I do apologise for the inconvenience caused to you. In the meantime our Chief engineer and his team have taken care of all the machines, and all are back in good working condition.

We are delighted to see that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us and I would like to thank you once more for bringing to our attention the great service you had received from our team members and it will be my absolute pleasure to share the same with the team accordingly. It is feedback like yours which always makes all efforts truly worthwhile.

Cairo
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I stayed in this hotel for 4 days on business trip, i selected it due to location.
but it was a big mistake to stay in this hotel, they need to reconsider their service and staff. It all started with Check in, the wrong wasn't available at early check in despite email confirmation from them, and they asked for extra money to check me in higher room or wait 4hrs for my room that they confirmed.
Also the reservation included free internet but at check in they said no and charged me for daily rate.
the room service and is very bad, i had ordered food several times and it never comes correct, on time or with quality.

I complained several times to the reception, but it is like speaking to yourself.

i totally advice to avoid the hotel

2 Thank Mohamed Z
Dear Mohamed Z.,

However it is very obvious and with great concern to read that we failed to do so during your recent stay with us. I would like to convey my most humble apologies for the inconvenience and frustrations caused to you.

Mr Mohamed Z, I do regret that your room was not ready upon arrival, however I would like to explain that we cannot always guarantee an early check in due to high occupancies, which means that we first have to wait for guests form the previous night to depart, which is out of our control. Nevertheless, to wait for fourhours is not acceptable indeed and I would like to assure you that this matter has been addressed with both departments Housekeeping and Front Office to prevent any reoccurrence.
With regards to the team members upselling rooms, this is meant to give our guests an opportunity to check in earlier when the booked room category is not available upon arrival.

With regards to the internet services, you might be aware that this service is provided by an external company and hence is not included in the room rate per se. However you might be aware that internet is offered complementary in all our public areas and when joining our loyalty program and having reached the Gold and Diamond tier internet is free for all devises throughout the hotel.

When it comes to the service received from our room service, please be assured that the matter has been addressed with our Executive Chef and Food & Beverage manager and corrective measures will be taken accordingly.

Mr Mohamed Z., I truly regret any inconvenience caused to you, hence please be assured that any comment made is highly appreciated and will always be taken very seriously. Though I am not able to undo the negative impression received, and though you have chosen not to come back to us again accordingly, I would highly appreciate if you would give us another chance to prove to you, that we can do much better than what you recently have experienced with us.

In the meantime, if I can be of any further assistance for you, please do contact me at any given time. It will be always my pleasure to assist.

Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Im never a fan of the hilton but somehow, they keep making efforts at trying to win me over at my every stay. The location works well. Its such a short distance to great food and fantastic shopping. And never undermine the value of a free shuttle… it saved me a 100 Rand every time i took it. I love the concierge (the indian guy). The staff (some) are pretty friendly and helpful.
I think my stay was alright. Nothing spectacular i guess.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank 9jagirl
Dear Ms 9jagirl,

Ms 9jagirl, we are delighted to see that you enjoyed your time with us and I would like to thank you for bringing to our attention the great service you had received from our team members and it will be my absolute pleasure to share the same with the team accordingly. It is feedback like yours which always makes all efforts truly worthwhile.