“Nice place to stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 49 Hotels in Sandton
Chicago, Illinois
“Nice place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

This is a great hotel to stay. The rooms are spacious and clean, everything works well. Nice gym, great breakfast with super nice service. The only thing to improve is the front desk personnel. They are slow, non-responsive and make every request complicated. Other than that, great.

Room Tip: Try not to get a room facing the parking
1 Thank Luis E
Dear Mr Luis E.,

Hilton prides itself with guests like you having the feeling of being at home while away from home. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well-being very seriously and always hope to meet and exceed our guests’ expectations.

Mr Luis E, please accept our apologies for the service received from our team. Please be assured that the matter has been addressed accordingly and corrective measures are going to be taken.

We are delighted to see that overall you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us and I would like to thank you once more for the open and honest feedback. It is comments like yours which always makes all efforts truly worthwhile.

We all are looking forward to welcoming you back again to the Hilton Sandton in the near future. If I can be of any assistance to you in the meantime, please do contact me at any given time. It will be always a pleasure to assist.

HEIDI KLEINE MOELLER I Director of Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Stayed here for a few nights at the end of May. Staff were really friendly and welcoming. The room was really spacious and comfortable with a very good selection at breakfast. Ordered room service though not impressive. Good location, close to train station and tours can be organised via concierge as late as the night before which came in handy. Would definitely stay here again when I return to Jo'burg. Loved the bed and bedding, so comfortable.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank LDNisALRIGHT
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

The hotel is very impressive, very clean and put together. The staff is amazing very friendly and will help you with anything you need as crazy as it may seem.. you have a variety of food choices because you have 3 places within the hotel to choose from. Room service food is very good. The pool area has an amazing view to the city and there is a tennis court as well. The hotel is well situated walking distance to Mandela Square and the mall. Very close to restaurants and nice places around the area. It is also very safe.. truly recommend it.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Mr/Ms Glo001,

Mr/Ms Glo001, we are delighted to see that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us and I would like to thank you once more for bringing to our attention the great service you had received from our team members and it will be my absolute pleasure to share the same with the team accordingly. It is feedback like yours which always makes all efforts truly worthwhile.

Cairo, Egypt
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Room lacks ventilation. Hotel bill had mistakes. Shuttle bus driver is not accepting any criticism. HE was rude most of the time. The room windows didn't open. The air is stale. fruits are not fresh housekeeping lady felt like she is doing me a favor to clean my room.

Dear Mr Maha M.,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Sandton and for sharing your valuable feedback with us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by you, and this time with regards to the amazing stay you had with us in particular. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their wellbeing very seriously and always hope to meet and exceed our guests’ expectations.

However, it is with greatest concern to read that exactly that was not the case during your visit, for which I most sincerely apologize. Please be assured that your concern and open feedback is highly appreciate and always taken very seriously. I would like to apologize for the service you received and the frustration and dissatisfaction caused. Kindly allow me to comment on your points brought forward.

Mr Maha M., I do apologise for the actions of our team member from housekeeping and our driver. Behavior like this is not tolerated and is unacceptable. We have advised management of what has happened and the necessary actions have been taken.

With regards to the windows been shut this is done for security reasons. Should you wish for the windows to be opened, at check in please let us know and we will have them open for you for the duration of your stay.

When it comes to your invoice, I will come back to you soonest, after the matter has been investigated thoroughly.

Mr Maha M., I am truly sorry about any inconvenience and the frustration caused to you. Though I am not able to undo the negative impression received, I would highly appreciate if you would give us another chance to prove to you, that we can do much better than what you recently have experienced with us.

Please be assured we do look forward to a continued relationship with you, and to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sandton in sunny South Africa one day again.

In the meantime, if I can be of any further assistance for you, please do contact me at any given time. It will be always my pleasure to assist.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel makes me question my understanding of the hotel grading system! Shocking for a 5 Star establishment and not even worth a 3 Star grading! Service is shocking, food is not edible, zero customer service! Not worthy of its current grading and bad for the Hilton brand! Makes one question the effectiveness of the SA Tourism grading tool!

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Akona N
Dear Mr/Ms Akona N.,

Thank you for staying at the Hilton Sandton and for sharing your valuable feedback with us. Our main aim, being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their wellbeing very seriously and always hope to meet and exceed our guests expectations.

Mr/Ms Akona N, it is very obvious and with greatest concern to read that we failed to do so during your stay, for which I would like to convey my most humble apologies. Please be assured that your concerns and open feedback is highly appreciate and always taken very seriously.

Please be assured that the recent experience made is most definitely not the kind of service we pride ourselves with and we proudly as Hilton stand for. Hence I would highly appreciate if you could elaborate in a bit more detail in order for us to be able to investigate the matter further.

Mr/Ms Akona N., once more you have my most sincere apology for the service you received and the frustration and dissatisfaction caused. Though I am not able to undo the negative impression received, I would highly appreciate if you would give us another chance to prove to you, that we can do much better than what you recently have experienced with us.

Please be assured that we do look forward to a continued relationship with you, and we all are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sandton in the near future.

Melbourne, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

Spent a week in Joberg, staying at the Hilton. The hotel was clean, safe and secure. The staff was very attentive and helpful. Very close to Mandela Square and the mall, with great restaurants and places to eat. Next time I visit SA, I'll stay here.

Heidi K, Manager at Hilton Sandton, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear Mr John J.,

Mr John J, we are delighted to see that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us and I would like to thank you especially for bringing to our attention the great service you had received from our team . It is feedback like yours which always makes all efforts truly worthwhile.

Windhoek, Namibia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

if you have a good standing credit card than this is the hotel to be. Just because its Sandton it doesn't mean 100% excellence. if you like peace and quietness this hotel is perfect the staff at conference facility; drivers and restaurant are friendly at all times.

Dear Ms Justine K.,

First of all I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Sandton and at the same time for sharing your valuable feedback with us. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their wellbeing very seriously and always hope to meet our guests’ expectations.

Ms Justine K., if I may explain the process and Hilton Worldwide policy, at check in a credit card is required as a deposit for incidentals or you have an option of paying cash. It is our policy to block of services, like removing the mini bar, telephone, room service and restaurant if guests advise us that they do not have a credit card or cash at hand. However I do apologize, if our team members did not approach you in the right manner and our procedures were not explained to you properly. Please accept my humble apology.

Once more I thank you for your open and honest feedback. It is comments like yours which help us achieve our goals. Please be assured that we do look forward to a continued relationship with you, and we all are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sandton in sunny South Africa in the near future.