“Good location but has issues ” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Sandton

Hilton Sandton
Ranked #14 of 49 Hotels in Sandton
Hout Bay, South Africa
“Good location but has issues ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel is in a great location in the Northern suburbs of Johannesburg . Near the stock exchange and Sandton city there are plenty resturant's close by . The check was fast and friendly . Sadly only one lift was working and no water in the room even though I am VIP HH . Room was a nice size and everything worked as it should . Paying for internet is insane and I would recommend the Protea hotel group who provides it's guests with a generous free internet and similar standards as Hilton . Breakfast was great with a very pleasant chef . Check out quick and painless . Rooms are looking slightly dated and hotel could do with a makeover .

Stayed August 2014
2 Thank JohnFinchPhotography
Heidi K, Manager at Hilton Sandton, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
Dear Mr 666Satan,

First of all I would like to thank you for choosing Hilton Sandton during your recent visit to Johannesburg, and for sharing your valuable feedback with us. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, as well as the wellbeing of guests and to meet and exceed all their expectation whilst staying with us.

I do understand and sympathies your frustration and inconvenience caused during your recent stay due to our lift maintenance. We had a makeover of all elevators which has been completed in the meantime. Furthermore I am happy to inform you, that a refurbishment of several areas of our hotel is in planning and soon to come.

Regarding your comment about our internet, I would like to explain that we offer free internet in all public areas. This requires a password which can be obtained either from Front Desk or the Business Centre, which will last for 8 hours once connected. However if you are a Hilton Honors Gold or Diamond member, internet is offered complementary for all your devises everywhere on our premises.

Mr 666Satan, please be assured that we have taken your feedback very seriously, and we do look forward to a continued relationships with you.
We all are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sandton in sunny South Africa one day again. In the meantime, if I can be of any further assistance for you, please do contact me at any given time. It will be always my pleasure to assist.

HEIDI KLEINE MOELLER I Director of Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

I stayed here in March and received a discounted rate...I am now getting emails from someone in this hotel accusing me of not paying my bill...they are also accusing me of staying during a time that I was not there...they are sending these emails to my employer. The credit card that I used shows payment/ However, that credit card is no longer valid. The emails are not coming to my personal email acct, but to my employer??? Something is fishy here? Why wouldn't they contact me directly?! I suggest paying with a prepaid cc....btw the beds are like sleeping on slabs.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Heidi K, Manager at Hilton Sandton, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
Dear Ms Wanda S.,

First of all I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Sandton and at the same time for sharing your valuable feedback with us. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their wellbeing very seriously and always hope to meet our guests’ expectations.

Ms Wanda S., thank you for bringing to our attention your dissatisfaction. I do apologise for the mis-understanding regarding your stay. We had two rooms booked for you and when you check in the other room was not released and it ran as an occupied room. Thus showing an amount outstanding which usually is covered by your employer, hence an email was send to your employer requesting payment.

I am truly sorry for any inconvenience caused to you. Please be assured we all are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sandton in sunny South Africa.

In the meantime, if I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me at any given time. It will be always a pleasure to assist.

Pretoria, South Africa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

Hilton Sandton is well located with friendly staff - Houskeeping and breakfast needs urgent attention as there is no strong management! Hotel is now very old and needs an upgrade - dark hotel is old style.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Nico v
Heidi K, Manager at Hilton Sandton, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear Mr Nico V.,

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Sandton and for sharing your valuable feedback with us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by you. Hilton prides itself with guests like you having the feeling of being at home while away from home. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well-being very seriously and always hope to meet and exceed our guests’ expectations.

Hence it is with great concern to read that we were not able to do so during your recent stay with us.
In regards to your comment concerning our breakfast and housekeeping, we have shared your feedback with the Department Heads concerns, however I would highly appreciate it you could elaborate a little further in order for us to investigate the matter thoroughly. You have my sincere apology that we were not able to meet your expectations.

When it comes to the condition of our building, I am happy to inform you that a refurbishment has been indeed under discussion in the meantime, and we sincerely hope we will be able to go ahead shortly.

Mr Nico V. though we were not able to meet your expectations, I sincerely hope that we will have another chance one day to welcome you back. Please be assured we all are looking forward to your return soon. If I can be of any assistance in the meantime, please do contact me at any given time.

East London, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

Our stay at the Hilton in Sandton Johannesburg started with a complimentary shuttle trip and an effortless check in process in a most beautiful foyer. The room we received was on the 5th floor, and I must say...Johannesburg is not a very picturesque place, but my goodness...the view from our room was perfect for the most amazing African Sunsets.
As could be expected....the room was absolutely comfortable......the air-con did seem to not want to cool the room properly though...but it might have been because it was freakishly warm weather in the middle of winter during our stay.
The restaurant food and service was amazing, as me and my wife had a lovely date night in the hotel's own restaurant.

We will definitely stay here again, and recommend it to all our friends.

Room Tip: 5th floor has amazing evening views.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Andrew H
Heidi K, Manager at Hilton Sandton, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear Mr Andrew H.

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Sandton and for sharing your valuable feedback with us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by you, and this time with regards to the amazing stay you had with us in particular.

Mr Andrew H, we are delighted to see that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us and I would like to thank you once more for your very kind comments. It is feedback like yours which always makes all efforts truly worthwhile.

We all are looking forward to welcoming you back again to the Hilton Sandton in the near future. If I can be of any assistance to you in the meantime, please do contact me at any given time. It will be always a pleasure to assist.

verwood, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

Clean well presented hotel in heart of Sandton close to business and amenities, friendly helpful staff good for a business stay. Food and onsite facilities good enabling you for your business meetings

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Michael F
Heidi K, Manager at Hilton Sandton, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Mr Michael F.,

Mr Michael F, we are delighted to see that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us and I would like to thank you once more for bringing to our attention the great service you had received from our team members and it will be my absolute pleasure to share the same with the team accordingly. It is feedback like yours which always makes all efforts truly worthwhile.

HEIDI KLEINE-MOELLER I Director of Operations
Blantyre, Malawi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

It is a very good hotel and value for money and the location is excellent. I loved the fact that there is a complimentary shuttle service to the Nelson Mandela square up to 22:00 hours and the chauffers were very nice and polite. However, charging for the internet service in the rooms and seeing the number of guests who were forced to have to come to the lobby for the complimentary service was a low for me. Demanding a minimum of ZAR500.00 per night deposit to cater for incidentals was also very inconvenient and in my view uncalled for.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Daniel J
Heidi K, Manager at Hilton Sandton, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Dear Mr Daniel J.,

Mr Daniel J., with regards to the internet services, you might be aware that this service is provided by an external company and hence is not included in the room rate. However I would like to inform you that we offer free internet in all our public areas and when being a member of our loyalty program as a Gold and Diamond member you enjoy free internet throughout the hotel for all your devices. If you would like us to enrol you to our complementary Loyalty Program, we are more than happy to do so. You have my sincere apology if this was not explained to you earlier.

Regarding the deposit you have been asked for, please be informed that it is Hilton’s worldwide policy and applies to every guest. The deposit is for any incidentals used during a stay, and if not used it will be refunded back to you. I regret, if this caused such bad assumption, which was never our attention.

Mr Daniel J., we are delighted to see that overall you enjoyed your time with us and I would like to thank you once more for your open and valuable feedback. It is comments like yours which always makes all efforts truly worthwhile.

Please be assured, we all are looking forward to welcoming you back again to the Hilton Sandton in the near future.

Olney, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

Always a great place to stay. It's safe and convenient to Mandela Square. The rooms are lovely and the staff are great. My only complaint is that the restaurant is SLOW... even when they're not busy it takes ages to have dinner. If they could sort that out they would be 100%!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Heidi K, Manager at Hilton Sandton, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Dear Ms Angelia W.,

Ms Ward, I do sincerely apologize for the experience made at our restaurant. Please be assured that your feedback has been taken very seriously and has been shared with our Executive Chef and Food & Beverage Manager accordingly, to take immediate corrective actions.

Ms Angelia W., I am truly sorry about any inconvenience caused to you. Though I am not able to undo the negative impression received, I would highly appreciate if you would give us another chance to prove to you, that we can do much better than what you recently have experienced with us.

Please be assured we do look forward to a continued relationship with you, and to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sandton in sunny South Africa one day again.