“Hilton Hotel in Sandton "Highly Recommended"”
Review of Hilton Sandton

Hilton Sandton
Ranked #13 of 48 Hotels in Sandton
Cape Town, South Africa
“Hilton Hotel in Sandton "Highly Recommended"”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Staying at Hilton Hotel was a good choice!! Such remarkable service, beautiful luxurious suites with air conditioning. The staff was so helpful and friendly. Quite area close to Nelson Mandela Square!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Dear Ms Caroline P.,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent visit to the Hilton Sandton and for recommending our Hotel on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to learn that your stay has been a wonderful experience.

We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery that Hilton Sandton is renowned for, and we are delighted that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay. We also appreciate your kind acknowledgement of our facilities.

Thank you for recognizing our team members who impressed you by their attention and professionalism. It is always with pride that I am able to personally recognize them for their efforts to exceed our guests’ expectations and provide a truly personalized service on all occasions.

We are delighted to read you appreciated your stay with us and that you took advantage of our hotel's convenient location to explore the city.
Once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sandton in the near future.

Kind regards

HEIDI KLEINE MOELLER I Director of Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 21 August 2014

My night at the Hilton Hotel Sandton was extremely exciting and well worth the experience. The hospitality and service was impeccable. I would stay there again at anytime and would most definitely recommend others to stay there. I have already been telling my family and friends about it.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Dear Ms Grace N.,

Thank you for taking your precious time to provide your valuable feedback online about your recent stay at the Hilton Sandton. We are delighted to learn that your stay has been a memorable experience.

We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service, and it gives us great satisfaction to see that you have enjoyed your time with us. As a hotel, we pride ourselves in the fact that our guests feel at home and experience the sense of true hospitality.

Ms Grace N. , we have and always strive to provide the highest standard of stay experience for our guests, hence I am very pleased to see that we did so with you. Thank you for been a true ambassador for us by telling all your friends and family about the Hilton Sandton.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Excellent location. Close to Mandela Square and in the middle of the business district. It has an easy access to the Train station with their regular shuttle service.

Rooms were clean, neat & tidy. Staff were courteous. Breakfast was an excellent spread.

Though I've stayed at various Hilton properties across the globe and is one of my favorite chain of hotels, I wasnt sure if this property was upto their mark. It definitely does fit the purpose of being a business hotel and that's what matters if you are travelling on business.

Nothing much to complain about. If you are looking for a night or two's stay for business purpose, then this is worth it. But for family and other entertainment, I would suggest to choose from various options that are available in Johannesburg.

Heidi K, Manager at Hilton Sandton, responded to this review, 1 September 2014
Dear Ms Kurian,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Hilton Sandton. We appreciate and respect your valuable feedback. Hilton prides itself with guests like you having the feeling of being at home while away from home. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well-being very seriously and always hope to meet and exceed our guests’ expectations

Ms Kurian, we at Hilton Sandton prides ourselves with the breakfast we serve. There is such variety to choose from, from cereals and varieties of Yoghurt, from different hole and cut fruits and freshly squeezed juices, an entire buffet of hot meals, precooked or eggs of your choice cooked for you individually, and so much more, it is almost like having a brunch.

I would like to thank you once more for your valuable feedback and for the overall satisfaction you rated us on. We greatly appreciate your comments and will take them in consideration for our upcoming refurbishment.

Please be assured, we all are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sandton in sunny South Africa, and if I can be of any further assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact me at any given time. It will be always a pleasure to assist.

Your sincerely,

Nairobi, Kenya
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I checked-in at Hilton on 25th July 2014. The hotel charged me more than my bill in what they call ''reserving the money'', upon check-out, the amount of 2500 rand had fully been deducted from my account. The receptionist claimed it was an error and the money will be refunded. To date the management have not replied to my emails regarding the over charged amount. I have lost over 475 rand in this shody transaction. Be ware

1 Thank Hellen_Trips
Dear Ms Hellen,

First of all I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Sandton and for sharing your valuable feedback with us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by you. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well-being very seriously and always hope to meet and exceed our guests’ expectations.

Therefore it is with greatest concern to hear of your situation and accusation, however please allow me to explain to you in detail what has happened:

You might be aware that it is a worldwide standard in 5 Star hotels to ask for a method of payment or guaranty upon arrival which will include your accommodation charges (if not pre-paid yet) and an amount of R500 per person per night.
Hence at check in it is always asked for cash or a credit card to take an authorisation on accordingly. When you gave your debit card, the team member made the mistake to accept it, the error being that when an authorization is taken on a debit card it shows on your statement as a purchase. Another problem is, that the remainder of your deposit (R500 per night per person minus extra charges, in your case the R475) couldn’t be refunded upon departure due to technical challenges with debit cards in general.
Since then I believe our Front Office Manager as well as her assistant have been in contact with you telephonically, and at the same time the request has been logged with the bank to have your remaining amount refunded to your card as soon as possible.

Ms Hellen, please be assured that this was a genuine mistake from a new team member. Unfortunately your card being an internal card, it might take a few day longer than usual, however we will keep you update as the process goes along.
You do have my must humble apology for the unnecessary inconvenience caused to you, and please be assured that this matter has been addressed with the needed seriousness with the entire team accordingly.

I sincerely hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to South Africa one day again. If I may be of any assistance to you in the meantime, please do contact me directly. It will be always my pleasure to assist.

Yours sincerely,

Doha, Qatar
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I have booked my five days business trip in Hilton Sandton, the hotel is just what do you expect from a decent place, clean, rooms are fairly large, breakfast was good and variety of food were there,

The hotel is near the main Sandton attractions with shuttles going there every half an hour so you don't worry about the transportations.

prices are competitive, however hotel with this size should have more than one bar, especially that Johannesburg is a place for the business so more entertainment is required to ease the day.

The hotel fits the purpose and that's what it matters if you are going on a business trip

2 Thank Wkgunnere
Heidi K, Manager at Hilton Sandton, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
Dear Mr/Ms Wkgunnere,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Sandton and for sharing your valuable feedback with us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by you, and this time with regards to the amazing stay you had with us in particular. Hilton prides itself with guests like you having the feeling of being at home while away from home. Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests and their well-being very seriously and always hope to meet and exceed our guests’ expectations.

Mr/Ms Wkgunnere, we are delighted to see that you enjoyed your time with us and I would like to thank you once more for your kind comments. It will be my absolute pleasure to share the same with the team accordingly. It is feedback like yours which always makes all efforts truly worthwhile.

Please be assured, we all are looking forward to welcoming you back again to the Hilton Sandton in the near future. If I can be of any assistance to you in the meantime, please do contact me at any given time. It will be always a pleasure to assist.

Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 13 August 2014

As with most Hilton hotels, this was an enjoyable place to stay with easy access to train stop via their shuttle. Received an upgrade to a beautiful suite. They were very accommodating! Safe area of the city for travelers too.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Ktwaack
Heidi K, Manager at Hilton Sandton, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
Dear Mr/Ms Ktwaack,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Sandton and for sharing your valuable feedback with us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by you.

Mr/Ms Ktwaack, we are delighted to see that you enjoyed your time with us and I would like to thank you once more for your great feedback. It will be my absolute pleasure to share the same with the team accordingly. It is feedback like yours which always makes all efforts truly worthwhile.

Doha, Qatar
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I am not sure if all Hiltons are this terrible but think twice about booking into the Sandton one. Try Maslow or InterContinetal or Garden Court instead when in Sandton. I am a senior executive in a big company and I definitely can tell there is senior management problem in this hotel. Generally the staff are discourteous and demotivated. The Ops Manager and Purchasing Manager appear not to be serious about addressing problems. There is a missing supervisory layer to constantly review housekeeping and customer care issues.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Munyaradzi Davi... M
Heidi K, Manager at Hilton Sandton, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear Mr. Munyaradzi Davi...M,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Sandton and for sharing your valuable feedback with us, we greatly appreciate your comments. The well-being of our guests, their satisfaction, and our delivery of a quality service are of utmost importance. It is of great concern, that we have failed in this instance. I sincerely apologize, that you were not made to feel like the valued guest that you most certainly are.

As mentioned during your stay with us, your comments are being actioned, and I am confident that the outstanding issues will be resolved shortly.

Please accept my sincere apologies, if I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thank you again for your feedback and your time taken. If I can be of any further assistance for you, please do contact me at any given time.

Yours sincerely,