This hotel is a bit different; in such way that it does not 'feel' like a hotel: several 2 to 3 floors buildings, salons with relaxing chairs and an open fire to sip your favorite drink, beautiful homy feeling front desk area, great breakfast buffet.
Okay it is NOT the most fancy hotel I have stayed in. And yes the rooms could use an upgrade and the bathrooms a touch of paint. But still, the peace and quiet, the surrounding and the atmosphere makes it up for the minor points.
But most of all the friendliness of the staff. Helpful as well and with a sense of humor too! The staff is all set to help you (if you have any time) to find a great lodge to go on a gamedrive.
The surroundings of the hotel are just great as well; 5 minutes aways from the Sandtom Mall with great shopping, amazing restaurants and a movie theatre.
Next to this hotel is the Bull Run restaurant that offrs great steaks, superb seafood and this all for a great price as well.
Just a 'suggestion': the housekeeping staff could be a bit quiter in the hallways…
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Protea Hotel by Marriott Johannesburg Balalaika Sandton on Maude Street, in Sandton, is located in Johannesburg's economic heartland. The hotel's charming colonial theme is accentuated with wooden elements and delicate floral accents. Each of the 330 classically-styled rooms make guests feel as though they never left home - with a king-size bed, LCD television, electronic safe and a full en-suite bathroom with a walk-in shower. Business executives are catered to with a desk, office chair and international plug points. Complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi is accessible throughout the hotel and the Wi-Fi station situated in the lobby provides convenience for guests requiring instant access to the internet. The English countryside atmosphere defines this four-star hotel as a little bit of country in the heart of Sandton. Birdsong makes guests forget that they are in a bustling metropolis. The Johannesburg Stock Exchange, Sandton Convention Centre and the city's most exclusive shopping mall are a short stroll away. A complimentary shuttle to and from the Gautrain station makes the Balalaika easily accessible. Whether it is for business or leisure, the central location and warm hospitality of the Protea Hotel Balalaika are unrivalled, making it your first and only choice when staying in Johannesburg. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Marriott, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Protea Hotel by Marriott Johannesburg Balalaika Sandton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Protea Hotel Johannesburg
- Balalaika Hotel
- Protea Hotel Balalaika
- Sandton Hotel Balalaika
- Protea Hotel By Marriott Johannesburg Balalaika Sandton Greater Johannesburg, South Africa