“Nice hotel, centrally located, fantastic breakfast buffet!”
Review of Michelangelo Hotel

Michelangelo Hotel
Ranked #3 of 46 Hotels in Sandton
Reviewed 23 April 2014

This is a nice hotel property that is centrally located in the Sandton area. It is connected to a large shopping mall for extra convenience. The rooms are very nice, and the breakfast buffet is fantastic! we stayed only one night, but enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
MichelangeloSandton, General Manager at Michelangelo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear DnGDXB
Thank you for your review posted on Trip Advisor. We are delighted you enjoyed your short stay as well as our breakfast.
We hope to welcome you back, next time, for a longer stay!

Reviewed 22 April 2014

have used this hotel a few times after a long flight, always comfortable, with very friendly and welcoming staff.
The restaurant has a very good menu and this time .executive chef Rob Creaser has been sourcing new cheeses from small dairies with very good results,well worth a try.
Shopping is close and good!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
MichelangeloSandton, General Manager at Michelangelo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Dear Pat H
Thank you for your review posted on Trip Advisor.
It is wonderful to hear that you found our staff to be very friendly and welcoming and that you enjoyed our artisan cheese selection.
Looking forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

My wife and I recently spent the first night of our honeymoon at the Michelangelo Hotel. One has expectations from a 5 star Hotel and this were not just met, but exceeded! A few areas to highlight - The friendliness of all hotel staff, room size, spaciousness and quality of bed linen. The amazing food from room service, a personal note from Roberto Rosa (Hotel General Manager). A personal welcome by name at breakfast and one of the best hotels breakfasts ever experienced.
Congratulations and thanks to the Michelangelo Hotel for making it a such a memorable experience!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
MichelangeloSandton, General Manager at Michelangelo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Dear Markkeating17
Thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor. My team and I are delighted your experience was a memorable one and that we managed to exceed your expectations.
Best Wishes

Reviewed 15 April 2014

We spent four nights at the Michelangelo Hotel while we visited Johannesburg and the surrounding area. The rooms are spacious and very comfortable. Room service was wonderful. The hotel restaurant served delicious, well prepared food that would make a seasoned gourmet happy. The staff at the hotel- waiters, bell men, concierge, managers- we're all consummate professionals. You were always greeted with a smile and made to feel as though you were among friends. I cannot say enough about this wonderful hotel and our thoroughly enjoyable stay there.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear JudyB
Thank you for your kind words posted on Trip Advisor.
We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

I just spent eight great nights at this hotel and I am glad I was able to enjoy this trip. The hotel staff was fabulous to me from the time I arrived when the doorman took my bags, check-in and check-out. The large was large and had amenities I find are important when traveling overseas. There was a water kettle for making tea/coffee. The bed was comfortable and there was a sitting area with sofa. I had a small balcony if I wanted to go outside for fresh air. I was lucky the weather was gorgeous my whole trip. The bathroom was very large with each function in a separate stall. My favorite was the large deep bathtub. Wi-Fi was available throughout the hotel and I could stay online as I walked from my room to the dining room on the reception floor. The buffet breakfast was awesome. You could eat at the buffet or order something specific. The hotel is attached to the Sandton City Mall which is another awesome experience. You don't have to go far to find two great restaurants, the WangThai for thai food and the Montego Bay for seafood. If you want american, there is a Hard Rock Cafe and the food court is not too far a walk from the hotel. I wished my stay could have been longer, but I had to return to work. I am glad I had the chance to stay at such a great hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
MichelangeloSandton, General Manager at Michelangelo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear Outlaw50
Thank you for your review posted on Trip Advisor. We are delighted you enjoyed your time with us and hope to have you again as our valued guests in the future.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

A lovely stay for one night after 2 weeks in Africa. We had been travelling all day and received fantastic service - right from being met at the Gautrain station on arrival to the considerate late check out the next day before a long flight home.  Our deluxe room was very comfortable, clean and well furnished with quality linens and amenities. The windows facing the square give a good view of the activities - we had a little noise in the night but not enough to disturb.  Breakfast was fantastic - it was a busy time of morning but the staff worked hard and efficiently to ensure we had everything we needed and again the quality was excellent, including the best macchiato we have had in south africa!

A particular commendation for the executive concierge Archie Christodoulides who sets an extremely high standard of professionalism and expertise. Nothing was too much trouble, and his thoughtful assistance and charismatic personality is a huge plus for the hotel.

Thank you - we will definitely stay again on returning to Johannesburg.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear peppersnaps
Thank you very much for your kind words posted on Trip Advisor. Your comments are highly appreciated and make my team and I incredibly proud that you had such a memorable experience with us and that you mentioned Archie in particular.
We hope to welcome you back again soon where you can once again enjoy our hospitality and the best macchiato in South Africa!
Best Wishes

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Nice hotel within interesting building, somewhat dated rooms with overloaded decor. Good location within Sandton City Mall/Offices as well Mandela Square - all with direct access from the hotel. Sandton Gautrain station is a 5 min walk away. BF buffet very good and ample. Car transfer service -eg. airport - outsourced and not always reliable. Would not return.

Room Tip: If going, ask for higher floor and view/side of Nelson Mandela Square.