I stayed in this hotel for 4 nights during a business trip to Johannesburg. It is truly a nice place to stay as the staff is wonderful, the location is very good and all the services are there. Still, it is obviously a place that was built in the (early) 90's: a lot of brass, yellow walls and fake antique in the room. It therefore looks quite outdated.
Having said that, the breakfast is wonderful, the bar is good and the food, though limited in choice, is of good quality.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A member of the Leading Hotels of the World, The Michelangelo Hotel guarantees visitors a five-star stay whether spending the day to attend a conference, staying overnight or merely visiting for a breakfast, lunch or dinner meeting. The splendor of the hotel's Renaissance architecture in the heart of Sandton's business and leisure district, as well as the service excellence and world-class facilities on offer, sets The Michelangelo apart from its competitors. Built around a central atrium, guests enjoy the decadent use of space which gives the feeling of grandeur in an area where space is at a premium. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Booking.com, Agoda, Southall Travel, Hotelopia, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Michelangelo Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Michelangelo Hotel Johannesburg
- Michelangelo Hotel Sandton, Greater Johannesburg, South Africa