“Perfect business hotel - all the amenities”

InterContinental Johannesburg Sandton Towers
Ranked #7 of 46 Hotels in Sandton
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Incredibly gracious and attentive (but not over the top) staff. Beautiful, spacious rooms with everything you could want, including Nespresso coffee machine, iron/ironing board, bathrobes and slippers. Wonderful breakfast buffet and good internet. Great location, too!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
JosiahSandton, General Manager at InterContinental Johannesburg Sandton Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and I can't wait to welcome you back again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Stayed for about a week for business. Nice location and courteous staff. Good service. Rooms are spacious and well lit. Staff is warm and friendly. You can find lots of restaurants and shops of all sorts nearby in Sandton city, Legacy mall and Nelson amndela square. There is even a prayer area for Muslim community in adjacent Sandton city and lots of Halal eating options ( a personal preference for me). Gym is really nice and well equipped. Overall nice experience and value for money.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quiet and provide a nice view of the Joburg city
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your positive feedback and that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Good business hotel in a great location. Connected to the Sandton City Mall. Spacious rooms and good service. Have now stayed here a few times and the experience has been fairly consistent. Recommended for business travellers. The gym is excellent.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay with us and I trust that I will have the pleasure of personally welcoming you back on your next visit to the hotel!

Reviewed 10 April 2014

This must have been a very expensive hotel when first built - masses of marble, walnut, brass and glass everywhere, fish ponds, water features etc. - styles have moved on a bit and the rooms seem a little on the tired side compared to more recently styled properties but there is still a solid enough 5 star feel to this property. Well connected to Sandton Mall and Conference centre and Nelson Mandela Square with plenty of shopping and eating options. Rooms are large enough - the bathrooms are especially generous. Beds are good quality and very comfortable. TV options are good. Wifi in my room was a little lacking in both speed and stability. Club floor breakfast is good and the waiters on level 27 had my order pretty much memorised by the second day of my stay - well done guys. Large bottles of water replenished daily which I like a lot. Service was attentive throughout my ten day stay although I did have two missed wake-up calls. Concierge support excellent all around. I received two personal calls during my stay asking me if I was happy with everything which was a nice touch. Overall I am in two minds - it's about right on average for a five star property but this is not to diminish the experience - things were much as one should expect of a 5 star hotel.

Room Tip: Club floor rooms are not much different to non-Club rooms but come with full breakfast and very atte...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to supply feedback on your recent stay with us, both positive and negative. However, I do trust that I will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

When we stayed at Intercontinental Sandton Towers in March we really liked the hotel. But on our April visit we were given a room with a soaking wet and mouldy carpet (in cupboard by safe) which smelt absolutely revolting and would have constituted a health hazard in most countries. We reported it to reception on arrival at 3.30pm and then had to go out for meetings until 10.30pm. On our return the carpet had been vacuumed! My wife suffers from Asthma and this was worsened by the damp spores from the mould in the carpet. On check out I again reported this to reception and they said that the room would be taken out of use. The problem was clearly not new, so why were we put in this room? Also beware there is a bulding site opposite the hotel and windows are not double glazed or sealed so building noise can be heard in the room

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Johannesburg Sandton Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear PeterGD,

Thank you for staying with us and for bringing this to our attention. We are very sorry to hear about your experience on your recent stay. We would like to address your experience further, and have sent you an email with additional details.

Thank you again for your comments and for staying with us.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

I had a very pleasant experience at this hotel. It is beautifully situated near the mall and all sorts of conveniences and delicious restaurants. Our room was situated so I could see lots of Joburg and the magnificent African Sky. The staff was excellent, although I might recommend sending female room service staff into the rooms with female clients.

The rooms were immaculate and the turndown service is always a nice touch. .. who can resist little chocolate squares?

I hope to stay here again should we return to Joburg... they took good care of us. I will miss the coffee most.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
JosiahSandton, General Manager at InterContinental Johannesburg Sandton Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

I look forward to welcoming you back on your return for another great cappuccino!

Reviewed 17 March 2014

We arrived at this hotel early in the morning from a long haul flight. I had booked a VIP room so the front desk sent us up to the 27th floor. We were greeted by a very nice young lady who said she would arrange for an early check in for us. About half an hour later our room was ready.
We were given a beautiful room, and while the view is nothing to rave about, it is the only thing that detracts from this gorgeous hotel.
The hotel is attached by a walkway that leads to the Sandton shopping mall and Nelson Mandela square. It was raining so it was great not to have to get wet, The hotel is safe as is the mall, which has every kind of shop you can imagine and prices are excellent.
The VIP room has access to the club lounge, which provided an excellent breakfast, all cooked to order as well as snacks and drinks throughout the day.
We stayed for 2 nights and enjoyed every minute of it. The room was spacious, had every amenity you could ask for, and bottled water was replenished regularly. Nightly turndown included chocolates on the bed, and a mat with slippers at the side.
All these special touches are what bring a hotel to the forefront.
Special thanks to Kathleen who I spoke to via email prior to arrival, and Marcus - the most outstanding person we met. Nothing was ever too much trouble, always a smile and he instantly knew us by name.
I have been a staunch Hilton user for many years, but this stay has definitely made me change the way I think and we will be using Intercontinental where ever possible in the future.

Room Tip: Get a VIP room if you can - well worth it!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
JosiahSandton, General Manager at InterContinental Johannesburg Sandton Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. However, I do trust that I will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the not too distant future.