City Lodge Hotel Katherine Street
US$133
US$130
Priceline
  • Restaurant
All reviewscarpe diemgrayston drivesandton cityeasy accessroom serviceswimming poolbusiness
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I stayed over for business in Sandton and Melrose Arch - conveniently situated for both with easy access to the highway and shopping. Rooms are clean and well appointed, staff was very friendly. Secure parking

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Angus M, Public Relations Manager at City Lodge Hotel Katherine Street, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

We thank you for the great review. We're happy you enjoyed your stay with us in Sandton and that the room was up to standard. We also pride ourself on our friendly staff. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Have just spent 3 nights here. Was made to feel very welcome by friendly staff and managers who asked several times if I was ok. Was impressed by the hands-on approach of the managers who assisted the waitressing staff at breakfast. Internet speed & access was as good as any of the other places I stayed at in South Africa. Has a pool area which was lovely to sit at in the evening and a mini gym. Room great with everything I needed, comfy double bed. Didn't have access to a car, so dined at the Carpe Diem restaurant which is on-site - a good idea as didn't have to worry about getting home safely. Felt happy leaving luggage there while I stayed elsewhere before returning for a 3rd night. Easy access to taxis, close to Gautrain for airport. Would recommend this palce.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank WalkerG123
Angus M, Public Relations Manager at City Lodge Hotel Katherine Street, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Thank you for the great review. We are pleased to hear that our staff were so helpful and that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed here in February 2013. I traveled to Johannesburg for a concert and a weekend away with my friends. The hotel is lovely. The room is spacious and comfortable. The bathrooms are clean. I was impressed until on the Sunday morning after the concert and a late night out, I got loud bang on my door at 7.30am (I really wanted to have a sleep in). It was one of the cleaning staff wanting me to wake up so she could clean the room and be off early! I was tired and not impressed. And I must say it ruined my impression of the place. I reported it to the receptionist who didn't seem to care very much. Based on that one experience I have never been back.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Angus M, Public Relations Manager at City Lodge Hotel Katherine Street, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the spacious room.
We do apologize that you were woken up early. However, this is the cleaning routine and the cleaning lady perhaps wasn't aware that you didn't want your room cleaned early. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

The hotel is OK. Nothing fancy but serviceable. I don't know the city well but seemed to be conveniently located if you need to get around town to several meetings. The breakfast is the only meal I ate at the hotel but it is quite good. For $10 you have a nice selection of fruits, cereals, fresh cooked eggs and the accompanying bacon, etc. The internet during my stay was absolutely horrible to the point of non-existent. As a business traveler this made it a very frustrating and expensive stay as I was forced to use roaming data on my phone in order to get my job done. I don't know if this was a temporary glich or not but when I talked to the front desk they were not surprised at my comments. Call ahead and check before you book.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Angus M, Public Relations Manager at City Lodge Hotel Katherine Street, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2013

Thank you for your comments - we're glad you liked our hotel, apart from the wifi . You'll be pleased to know that we are in the process of upgrading our wifi offering.

Reviewed 25 July 2013

I recently spent 2 nights at this hotel. The check-in staff were very unfriendly and unhelpful. It was as if I was bothering the lady behind the counter when I indicated that I was there to check-in. The room was neat and clean and everything was in its place.The hotel is in a great location and provided easy access to the main highways. Overall, the breakfast quality and selection was ok but again the staff were far too busy chatting amongst each other to pay attention to my needs. All in all, this is a good hotel, but they certainly need to improve on the staffing issues and ensure that the staff focus on the guests needs and are more friendly and hospitable.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Angus M, Public Relations Manager at City Lodge Hotel Katherine Street, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2013

Thank you for your comments - we're glad you liked the hotel, but we're sorry about some staff not living up to our "I'm Kind" philosophy - we'll look into this.