The hotel is a safe location, Morningside which is one of the most secure locations. It is surrounded by luxury gated residencies. The hotel has security manned gates and feels very safe. Morningside shopping mall is just a 5 minute walk away.
We were a little concerned that most of money would be spent on expensive taxis (Maxi Taxi's), however, we were pleasantly surprised that the hotel offered a free and flexible shuttle to Sandton Mall and the Gautrain station.
The rooms are large, clean, nicely furnished with modern flat screen 32" HDTV's, there are extra blankets and a heater for the cold winter nights. The bathroom is clean and modern, with a powerful shower, bathroom ammenaties are nice and are replenished daily. Our room number 301, had a small terrace and overlooked the beautiful swimming pool and poolside area. It was just a shame it was too cold to swim, maybe when we come back in summer.
Breakfast was delicious and was worthy of a 5 star hotel, there was always variety of fresh juice, milks, yogurts, fruit of all variety's grape, melon, peach, paw paw, orange, apple, strawberry, figs, passion fruit, water melon .Cashew Nuts,Almonds.. The list is endless, cooked meats, cheeses, smoked salmon, pastries, breads and if that is not enough there was also a hot Buffett serving bacon, sausage, mushrooms, beans, tomatoes, hash browns, mincemeat and a choice of freshly cooked eggs. Tea, coffee or hot chocolate .... Truly scrumptious!
The dining area is spotless, with a poolside view, staff work hard and all items are replenished. Breakfast is served between 7am-11am
The bar area is a great place to relax in the evening, comfy Sofa's, a log fire, a good choice of wine and South African beer.
The staff were very friendly and helpful and always looked professional. They deal with Customers quickly and efficiently, always putting the customer needs first ...... First class customer service.
The shuttle drivers are also friendly and courteous, we would to thank Zak for helping when we were celebrating a birthday......Eh Zak big thanks!
Look the pictures , this is just wow and superb value for money....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by lush gardens, this hotel offers air-conditioned rooms with a flat-screen satellite TV. It features an outdoor pool and a restaurant with a terrace. Free Wi-Fi is available on site. A minibar and an iron are in Faircity’s spacious rooms. Each comes with a private bathroom with a hairdryer. Wooden furniture and white linens are part of the modern classic décor. Breakfast is served daily in the restaurant. Room service, including breakfast, is also available. Guests can relax with a drink by the fireplace in the lounge or on the terrace. Sandton City is just 2 km from Faircity Falstaff Hotel. The O.R. Tambo International Airport is 27 km away, and a shuttle can be arranged on request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your Faircity Falstaff Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Falstaff Hotel Johannesburg
- Faircity Falstaff Hotel Sandton, Greater Johannesburg, South Africa