“A True Gem in the Desert” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of SpringHill Suites Kingman Route 66

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
SpringHill Suites Kingman Route 66
Ranked #6 of 28 Hotels in Kingman
Ventura, California
“A True Gem in the Desert”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

During a long road trip (from VA to CA), on my final night on the road I booked a room at this hotel -mostly because it was dog-friendly (my two canine companions were with me) and the location was convenient (right off I-40). The instant I walked in the lobby I was enchanted - the décor is just beautiful - stunning really. And then the friendly receptionist seemed genuinely pleased to see me and my dogs. (Note: many of the so-called "dog-friendly" hotels have been anything but).

Once I got to our room I was even more thrilled - it was just beautiful with soft turquoise and light green accents - sliding wood doors with cool frosted glass for the bathrooms, a beautiful and comfy seating area and super comfy beds.

Unfortunately I didn't have time to try the breakfast the next morning - just grabbed a coffee before hitting the road - but it smelled good and the setting was lovely. The funny thing was, everyone I seemed to meet at my brief sojourn at this hotel was nice and friendly. It was as though I found myself in a lovely and friendly little oasis in the middle of the Arizona desert.

Go there yourself if you're in that area, or traveling along I-40, and you'll see I'm not exaggerating. I spent a total of 12 nights in hotels this month and this one stands out as my favorite.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Lynluke

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

We checked in on our cross country trip.Right off the freeway.Clean,big rooms.Comfy big beds.This is so worth the extra bit of money.Great decor when you walk in.The lights are beautiful.Shower and toiler are seperate!Recommend this for sure

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank mrseberly
Seattle, WA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

Spent one night at this lovely hotel on a cross-country trip. While I'm not personally a fan of the modern, hip decor of the lobby, the rooms are very clean, spacious, and very well decorated with contemporary furnishings and thoughtful design. Rooms have refrigerator, microwave, good work desk and sofa in sitting area, wardrobe storage, and a comfortable bed. I especially liked that the property was non-smoking. Travelers with young kids should note that there is only a stand-up shower - no bathtub. The breakfast was excellent with really tasty pastries and hot options (eggs, waffles, etc). The front desk folks were all very polite and professional, especially James, who was very patient and accommodating with my many small requests. The only downside to my stay was a noisy, inconsiderate family/group staying in the room(s) above mine. When I called the front desk to complain, the noise stopped a little while later. I'd definitely recommend this hotel, but ask to be put on the top floor to avoid a situation of unruly children running around above you.

Room Tip: Request top floor room away from stairs or elevator
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Georgetown, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

Kingman, AZ is one of those towns you end up in because you can't drive any further that day. It's been several years since we last passed through Kingman and lots have changed. There are more lodging choices and more restaurants. I use to be a black card member of Marriott Rewards; however, since retiring we tend to travel to more remote and very scenic destinations where Marriott does not have as much presences. I have always liked Marriott, since I feel they set the standards for a full range of lodging. I was happy to see Marriott now had a presence in Kingman.
This property is Scandinavian modern and the room was very adequate for work, reading, and relaxing. It had a very adequate desk and sofa in a separate area that was separated from the bedroom area by a partial wall of “milk or fogged” glass. In the morning, they provided the USA Today newspaper and from 6:00 AM to 10:00 AM they offered one of the best breakfast selection; real scrambled eggs, hot oat meal, fresh sliced fruit, muffins, dry cereal, pastries, yogurt, coffee, tea, waffles, etc. The down side was that although the TV was a flat screen the satellite or cable did not provide HD or a program guide.

Room Tip: Over the years my wife and I have stayed in several hotels/motels in Kingman and this one ranks amon...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

The Springhill Suites Kingman Route 66 is easy to access from the interstate. The rooms are clean and the service is very good. The breakfast served in the morning is good, as well. My only complaint is that the air conditioning unit was very noisy, disturbing my sleep.

Room Tip: I should have inspected the air conditioning unit when I first arrived and arranged for another room...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014

Just stayed here overnight while passing thru but really enjoyed the stay. The hotel appears new and is the most modern SpringHill Suites I have ever stayed at. It is close to the interstate and several restaurants are just a short drive away. The room was large and had plenty of space to spread out. Even with a king size bed there was also a large sofa, desk, microwave and small refrigerator. Did not get a chance to use the pool but it looked inviting. Continental breakfast was the usual fare, but very convenient to grab a bite before hitting the road again. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 4TNTravelers
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

Marriott seems to have put a lot of money into making this hotel unique. From the moment you arrive, there are two large canopies with bright, colored lights that are changing all the time. The lobby is bright and feels somewhat like a spa. The rooms are hip, if not completely functional. We were traveling with our young kids, so the room was not completely what we hoped as the bathroom has no actual bathtub, only a shower. But overall, if we had not been traveling with small ones, this would have been a good place to stay. Room was good sized, had most amenities and we found the staff to be friendly. Morning breakfast was as good as any of the standard continental breakfasts that come with your stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on the East side have a nice view of the Sunrise (if you happen to be up that early).
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family