“Excellent value and good, clean, friendly place to stay”
Review of Route 66 Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kingman
Route 66 Motel
Ranked #14 of 28 Hotels in Kingman
Reviewed 2 August 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights in May - only planned to stay one night, and ended up coming back 2 more times after full days of sightseeing in nearby towns, and we decided we wanted to go back to a good place rather than look for somewhere new to stay. We had checked out several motels in town before we decided to stay here, this one being the cleanest and nicest in our price range, and we felt very safe here. Rooms were clean, bathroom was clean, and shower water pressure was great. Hotel is older, which is fine with us, as we love the older hotels with large rooms. Met several folks who stay here regularly every time they are in town, and they, and we, asked for the same rooms every time. We will definitely stay here again. The owner is very nice. The pool felt great after the hot days sightseeing. I highly recommend this hotel to folks looking for a good, clean, value-priced place to stay, and also for Route 66 travelers.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Teri R

Reviewed 23 May 2013

I cycled here from Peach Springs on 31/5/2012. It was stinking hot outside and I wanted a cheap cool place to collapse in.

This place was perfect: very nice manageress, cheap place, nice and clean, very good WiFi and close to a place where I could buy a few beers and then have a vegetarian meal.

I didn't visit the gift shop because I was going to the Powerhouse Museum next day, but I should've. However, I got lots of Route 66 ambience from the place and would recommend it to my friends as such.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank Ron M
Reviewed 9 May 2013

I was very happy with my room, it was very clean and smelled real good, The WiFi signal
was very good and this is always important to me when I travel. The owner was very friendly and easy talk to. The price was very good. also It was a pleasure to stay here.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 November 2012 via mobile

Nice and low priced place to stay. The WiFi Signal is to be updated otherwise stay in the rooms near the router. The outdoor pool is a good reason to relax after a sunny day. Small talks with the owner, an old lovely asian lady was a pleasure every time we stayed here.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 7 November 2012 via mobile

This was disgusting... We were traveling with frends and had two rooms which were equally terrible. After paying a twenty five dollar deposit for our dog, I would not let her sleep on the carpet. The mattress is completely worn out as are the pillows, curtains, door locks, etc. etc. Do NOT rent a room without looking at it first. You will be sorry...

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank s61mechanic
Reviewed 10 February 2012

I like to stay away from chain motels in general but after staying at this place I decided that there is a good reason to stay at them, and for the remainder of this trip I only stayed at Motel 6. It wasn't any cheaper to stay at this place than at a Motel 6 and at least they are predictable, and in my experience clean and functional.

Basically the room was a dump. Tired, dirty, and worn. Smelly and torn bedspread that had to come off the bed in order to sleep. Almost impossible to get the sliding glass entry door to shut. The bathroom was funky.

It was really late when I got there and I needed to get some sleep so I didn't look at the room before paying, and was just too tired to do anything about it after I got into the room. I cleared out as early as possible the next morning.

If you choose to stay here for some reason, maybe lured by the nostalgic name and sign like I was, absolutely ask to look at the room you will be staying in before paying. Maybe yours will be better than mine was, and it would be hard for a room not to be better than the one I stayed in.
Be warned.

Room Tip: I stayed in the outside room at the back. I would not recommend this one.