“Yuck”
Review of Tri State Inn

Tri State Inn
Ranked #27 of 28 Hotels in Kingman
Reviewed 10 December 2013

We stayed at this motel when we were on an extended motorcycle trip. We arrived late and it was the first motel we came across and we were very cold , so we decided to get a room for the night. Well the front desk clerk was an older man and a very nice fellow, the lobby was plain and non assuming so we decided to check in. Could not believe the price was only 34$ but soon realized why . When we walked in the room was cold and smelled very old. The bed was a king but was from the sixties decor and was disgusting stains on sheets and just dirty in general. The washroom was so bad we went across the street to use the one in the gas station . Paint was peeling off the walls and there was some goo dripping out of the heater. Had I of known that there was a string of decent hotels down the road I would have pressed on. We slept in our clothes and shoes.

Room Tip: Keep driving get another motel.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tripping192016

Reviewed 21 October 2012

We rented a room on Saturday, October 20 2012, for our son and girl friend and her 5 year old son. It was at the "Tri-State Inn" in Kingman Arizona and is located just off of Interstate Highway 40 on Beale street. It was a Queen sized double room. They are traveling / moving to another state and had been driving for quite some time. The room was $34.00 plus tax which brought it up to $40.59. Being dead tired they lay down to get some rest. It was not until waking that the girl friend found BLOOD and possible
FECES all over the inside of the bedspread that she'd be laying under! She brought it to the office immediately and they suggested and granted a refund of the room cost. This was ALL. They did not offer another clean room or even another 'clean' blanket. The desk clerk apologized and wished them a 'nice stay' for the remainder of their time there . We had plans and went out until very early in the morning. We'd wanted to watch the meteor shower which is occurring. When we arrived back at the Inn at 2 AM they had been LOCKED OUT OF THEIR ROOM with ALL OF THEIR BELONGINGS INSIDE! We went to the office to ask what was going on and were told (by a different desk clerk ~ possibly the OWNER) that "You got a refund. You take your stuff and GO!" We had not been told this earlier at all. We'd been told NOTHING other than 'have a nice stay'. The man opened the room and stood there as they gathered their belongings. They ended up staying at the very clean and affordable 'Comfort Inn' a bit up the street from these shysters! DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME or get a possible SICKNESS by staying here! It's NOT WORTH the small savings.

Room Tip: stay away from tri state Inn. They are filthy rooms, and filthy people, and there really is no savi...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Donna C
Reviewed 21 October 2012

We rented a room on Saturday, October 20 2012 for our son and daughter in law and their 5 year old son. It was a Queen sized double room. They are traveling / moving to another state and had been driving for quite some time. The room was $34.00 plus tax which brought it up to $40.59. Being dead tired they lay down to get some rest. It was not until waking that our daughter in law found BLOOD and possible FECES all over the inside of the bedspread that she'd be laying under! She brought it to the office immediately and they suggested and granted a refund of the room cost. This was ALL. They did not offer another clean room or even another 'clean' blanket. The desk clerk apologized and wished them a 'nice stay' for the remainder of their time there . We had plans and went out until very early in the morning. We'd wanted to watch the meteor shower which is occurring. When we arrived back at the Inn at 2 AM they had been LOCKED OUT OF THEIR ROOM with ALL OF THEIR BELONGINGS INSIDE! We went to the office to ask what was going on and were told that "You got a refund. You take your stuff and GO!" We had not been told this earlier at all. We'd been told NOTHING other than 'have a nice stay'. The man opened the room and stood there as they gathered their belongings. We ended up staying at the very clean and affordable 'Comfort Inn' a bit up the street from these shysters! DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME or get a possible SICKNESS by staying here! It's NOT WORTH the small savings.

Room Tip: Nothing GOOD at all to say. Do not recommend to anyone.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Teri H
Reviewed 11 July 2012

Fire alarm missing from the wall, but good news is the wires were hanging there. Paint peeling off the walls in the bathroom. Most likely the room I stayed in has not been painted in last decade. My pillow case had burn holes in it. TV reception only worked off and on. Room smelled like cat urine. But my Mother always said to say something nice. So here goes. It had a great refrig/freezer in the room. Take my advice and keep driving. Next street over has nicer hotels.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 March 2012

I spent overnight in this filthiest inn/motel I ever slept in.
First, on the phone he told me a different price than what I was charged when I checked in (after 12 hours driving you can't really negotiate).
Second, They didn't even vacuum the room before I come even though I called 4 hours ahead.
Third, The blanket was disgusting..I couldn't even put on. I slept over it for 1 hour then I woke up after nightmares of filth and dirt! I called them to get me another blanket and I got one that is even dirtier than the first one (it had some thing like blood spots!)...don't even think that pillows were better.
Fourth, the bathroom curtain was so dirty that when I was taking a shower I was making sure that curtain doesn't touch me.

At the end, I almost was going to sleep in my car that night...but it was freezing and I was exhausted but I slept in my own blanket and pillow (thanks God I had them with me in the car)

I even thought of washing those sheets (mattress, pillows, blanket) but they didn't have a washing machine around.

I really don't recommend this inn to anyone. Sleeping in your car is better

Room Tip: stay away from this Inn
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Saeed R
Reviewed 14 September 2011

Our mistake for not staying at a known chain.

Admittedly only $38.00, but that was about $30.00 too much.

Threadbare sheets, screwed-up dirty little pillows, No pillow protector, so you could see "blood, sweat and tears" stains, and who knows what else !!

prepayment required (at least that meant you could leave quickly in the morning)

stay ANYWHERE else, but here. we found out later that at the othe end of town there were good chains, including Marriott.

front desk staff (family) scarcely spoke English, and had no idea where any restaurants were !!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank cubacubaSydney
Reviewed 4 June 2011

we booked in and paid for two nights here because it was the ROUTE 66 fun run . we left some of our clothes , alcohol and food in the fridge plus toiletries and went out during the day , when we returned to the room we couldnt get in so went to the reception to tell them and told us we were only booked in for one night so showe them receipt for two nights .memmber of staff went to the room to let us in and ALL our belongings had been thrown away ,no appology was given just a refund of $35 . there were no plugs in the sink or bath and the towels were well worn and not white . Having paid $75 per night you would have expected at least it to be clean & a coffee maker in the room .would definately advice people to look elsewhere for a room .

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple